Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-13-2021, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Absolutely agree with you.

I fully agree and understand that God manifested himself in flesh. Why, because he is a spirit, and a spirit....

Luke 24:39 KJVS
[39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

So, therefore he he robed himself in humanity and took on the form of a servant to fulfill his will and plan that he had from the foundation of the earth.

Revelation 13:8 KJVS
[8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Even Abraham had and understanding of the plan of the Lord,

Genesis 22:8 KJVS
[8]And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Humanity of Christ was born of a woman yet the blood the life, was that of God. The spirit that indwelled that temple was that, that spoke this world into existence. He came with a purpose, and that was to set them at liberty that were bound in sin, he came to give his followers authority, and power in the spirit. He came to give us and understanding of the spirit and to give a spirit that will love souls and hate sin. The prophets in the old covenant haven’t received what we have received in Acts 2:38, neither have the angels.

Anyways, we understand you cannot kill a spirit, we understand a spirit doesn’t have flesh and bones.

Matthew 27:46 KJVS
[46] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

The spirit left the temple as it died.

Three days later it was raised to life again. Jesus said this was going to happen

John 2:19 KJVS
[19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

What was he going to raise up? The body that he was in dwelling in. The spirit didn’t die, but the humanity did. The humanity was never God, and will never be God. I understand we have all these paintings that depict Jesus with long flowing hair, and he is standing in the clouds with scars on his hands, feet, and side. Yet, that the corrupt imagination of man. Jesus is a Spirit, because he is God, its not Jesus the human, and then God the father, the spirit being. He is One, not 3 in one (confusion) neither is it 2 in one ( also confusion).

Romans 1:23 KJVS
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

You might want to get with Stephen on this. He seems to have been mistaken as to who he saw....

Acts 7:56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
Old 04-13-2021, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Hebrews 1:1-2 KJVS
[1] God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.
Quote:
Now, when this verse mentions “Son” what is it referring to? It’s referring to the earthly ministry of Jesus as he physically walked on this earth. The son isn’t a separate god, or a divine (godlike) person in some trinitarian view. Its God himself in human form.
So the Son.... MADE THE WORLDS during his earthly ministry?

If he made the worlds wouldnt he have to be BEFORE THE WORLDS?

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 04-13-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
[1] God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.

No, God, by(through/for) the son, made the worlds. We have a habit of taking the son's individualism.

Last edited by 1 God; 04-13-2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

A brother in our church was talking about the below verse a couple of services ago.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Trinitarians hold to the "let us" part, and say that this is the first Biblical reference to a three-fold Godhead.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
A brother in our church was talking about the below verse a couple of services ago.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Trinitarians hold to the "let us" part, and say that this is the first Biblical reference to a three-fold Godhead.
Not all Trinitarian scholars hold that position.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

Do you believe that Jesus is God?

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 04-13-2021 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You might want to get with Stephen on this. He seems to have been mistaken as to who he saw....

Acts 7:56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
So are you of the position that Jesus the son was sitting on the right side of God?

This is off topic, but is there any power in the name of god?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post

It’s my belief that Jesus was speaking to the earth.

1 Corinthians 15:47-49 KJVS
[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
[48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

We bear the image of the physical, natural as well as the heavenly, ie spiritual.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So are you of the position that Jesus the son was sitting on the right side of God?

This is off topic, but is there any power in the name of god?
I am of the certainty that Stephen saw the Son of MAN.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Do you believe that Jesus is God?
I believe and teach Jesus is God. Do you have a problem with the 3 times Paul says God created all things by his Son?

Col. 1:16

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: