Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 05-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
I assume the guy putting people in Hell is not Orthodox, so I am asking him for his scripture that he uses to justify this. ROFL. I wouldn't ask a Catholic to quote the Talmud so I wouldn't ask a Oneness Pentecostal to quote Eastern Orthodox canons.
My point was that if you are EO then him quoting Scripture isn't going to mean anything.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-07-2021, 09:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I am well aware of this system, and it's up to the bishop, not the priest. I think it allows for the situation to be properly examined and judged. I am not divorced so this is not some personal vendetta.
Which is my point. You made a statement about "(his) system" being inadequate to deal with the realities of people's situations. I don't see how the EO system is any more adequate. In fact, it seems more arbitrary and (like all religious systems) would only work for those who choose to operate within that system. Which means it is at best equivalent, and not "better equipped" than any other system.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-07-2021, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Which is my point. You made a statement about "(his) system" being inadequate to deal with the realities of people's situations. I don't see how the EO system is any more adequate. In fact, it seems more arbitrary and (like all religious systems) would only work for those who choose to operate within that system. Which means it is at best equivalent, and not "better equipped" than any other system.
Of course it only works for those who choose to be within the system. It's much more merciful and realistic than "yes, hell".
Old 05-07-2021, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My point was that if you are EO then him quoting Scripture isn't going to mean anything.
1 - I can have a conversation based on his beliefs, because that's what this forum is based on.

2 - Scripture is what the EO church is based on (we wrote/compiled it, btw) so of course it's going to mean something.

You are doing a great job at misrepresenting and misinterpreting the EO's beliefs and underestimating my intellectual abilities.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
1 - I can have a conversation based on his beliefs, because that's what this forum is based on.

2 - Scripture is what the EO church is based on (we wrote/compiled it, btw) so of course it's going to mean something.

You are doing a great job at misrepresenting and misinterpreting the EO's beliefs and underestimating my intellectual abilities.
I thought you didn't have time? Lol

I misrepresented nothing. You even acknowledged what I said was correct.

I certainly haven't underestimated your intellectual abilities. I have however apparently grossly overestimated them. So there is that.

Old 05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Of course it only works for those who choose to be within the system. It's much more merciful and realistic than "yes, hell".
It is not. But due to your lack of time available to discuss things as you previously mentioned, I guess we'll not be able to .... discuss it.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It is not. But due to your lack of time available to discuss things as you previously mentioned, I guess we'll not be able to .... discuss it.
I didn't realize you desired my company so much! Sorry to disappoint 😜
Old 05-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Here is Pauls interpretation of the law concerning marriage and remarriage.

Surely he is capable of teaching the scriptures from the Old T. Maybe some would like to add to his words.

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Last edited by james34; 05-07-2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
Here is Pauls interpretation of the law concerning marriage and remarriage.

Surely he is capable of teaching the scriptures from the Old T. Maybe some would like to add to his words.

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Was Paul referring to the Law of Moses?
Old 05-08-2021, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Remarriage for the innocent party after adultery is acceptable.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~