Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

Re: If you leave a church, your out of Gods will ?

Yeah i know what all this about. I was raised in a ultra-con church, We thought that all churches were like ours. We had really good friends who ended up moving to another town. They attended a very big church in the UPC. When i went to visit them, i was totally amazed at this church.. They were not like mine, as far as standards go. but they were on fire.. I remember after a while i went to my pastor to talk to him about moving up there. I had a call on my life and I wanted to attend Bible college. I was so excited about it. As soon as i told my pastor where i wanted to go he flat out said NO! I asked if he would consider praying about it, he said it was not Gods will for me to move. He did not have to pray about it. The answer was NO!
Needless to say my plans were shot down. After a while I would go visit my friend, they were like a second family. about 8 years ago our whole family went on vacation to visit our friends. We came from a church where you had to ask for permission to go on vacation, my father did not belive in asking for permission, but he did believe in telling your pastor you were going out of town, and you would let him know how long you were going to be gone. We went of town and had a great time. Well when we got back home, we got yelled at.. It is a long story.. but basically our pastor told my parents they were a cancer, and as soon as we were removed the church would have revival.
We ended up going to another UPC across town, a church that we were raised to be against. They were considered liberals. I DID NOT want to be there... Well it was the best decision we made. We realized all the things we were told about this church was wrong. It was a revival church! on fire to reach to lost no matter what the cost was. It has been 8 years since i left the ultra-con church. I have a relationship with my former pastor, we are friends. I am a minister in my local church and my wife and I are assisting and helping in anyway that we can. But I get it from my former pastor and saints from his church that we are out of the will of God, and we are lost, one time after church we went out to eat, my former pastor was there. He came up to our table and asked how we were doing. someone at the table made the comment about the message i preached that night and how it was a great service, my former pastor looked at me and said " too bad that your preaching is in vain, your chuch is backsliden and your not preaching the truth" talk about a slap in the face. A matter of fact, I was never invited to preach in the church i was raised in. I preached there when i was a member, but never since i was in another UPC church. When i got married i moved to where my wife is from. She was from an independent church and they were ultra-cons. one time we came into town to visit my parents, my former pastor invited me to preach at his church! I was only able to preach in his church because i was back in a ultra-con church. Its sad that people can say that your out of the will of God. I like what my father has told me. The will of God is for you to serve God, and be a soul winner. It does not matter where you are. If your winning souls your doing the will of God.
There are many people in our city, who grew weary and tired in that ultra-con church, they wanted to move to my church, they wanted to be in a place where souls were being born. but they have it planted in them, that if you go anywhere else, your out of Gods will and your not saved. Many of those people no longer go to church.... Its sad to be in a church where the pastor wont even pray about it. When i decided to move when i got married, my pastor was sad, but he is not a ruler, he gave me the blessing and told me, no matter where i go.. keep on working!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
i guess i must have been out of the will of God a few times then. is it possible to get back in the will of God at a different church?

=)

No.

You simply need to return the first church you were saved in and just start over.

If that church has folded, ultimately, it's your disobedience that caused it to fold and now there are countless folks in eternal trouble because the Word of God is no longer going forth in a place that folded because your tithes stopped coming in.

Souls that used to go there have no where else to go to hear God's Word. They have all starved to death by now, all because you wanted to move!

It's all your fault and there's no hope for you now!!!

j/k
Old 05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
mary

IF leaving a church is a sin, and that depends on the reasons for leaving, then remember, the only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy.

There are many reasons for leaving. I left churches I would never go back to. I was not out of the will of God. Time will tell, but leaving a church is not necessarily out of the will of God, and God's will for you is not tied to any one location or time.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Cool Re: If you leave a church, your out of Gods will ?

i wouldnt have thought so until several years ago the lord began to deal with me when i was trying to leave a church and i became enlightened,the whole point is what is your reason, if your leaving and your heart's not right then i think you should get your heart right and then see if you still want to leave. by the way i still go there.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
No.

You simply need to return the first church you were saved in and just start over.

If that church has folded, ultimately, it's your disobedience that caused it to fold and now there are countless folks in eternal trouble because the Word of God is no longer going forth in a place that folded because your tithes stopped coming in.

Souls that used to go there have no where else to go to hear God's Word. They have all starved to death by now, all because you wanted to move!

It's all your fault and there's no hope for you now!!!

j/k
How is it that I missed this till now???

That is funny
but you know I am sure there are some who would really believe that way

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
How is it that I missed this till now???

That is funny
but you know I am sure there are some who would really believe that way
Well I really wasn't joking....

Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Well I really wasn't joking....

Then why'd you put j/k?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Then why'd you put j/k?

I was being a smart butt in my response to Jaxfam, "how did I miss this" post.

Really I was joking.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

We actually had preachers preached that to us in Nigeria. They made us believe God was talking through them and everything they said was true. But where are they today? Some of them have been locked out of churches cos they abused finances and gift items that widows and orphans gave for missions and later discovered they were not used for such purposes. Now the message has changed as they don't even go to churches any longer. So, which one is the truth?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Some pastors use witchcraft to control people using word curses.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.