Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: What is going on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
You missed the point. This isn't about giving worship or praise I am all for demonstrative worship, and God doesn't tell me to do it, I do it. But what I'm talking about is making a decision to do a high jump through the baptistry window and into the Baptismal tank. Or to climb on top of a sacred desk and do the Michael Jackson running man like Pewee Herman, or throw a jacket in the Pastors face.

Ok since decent and in order was challenged these things are unacceptable. Because for one they were all flesh. And my Bible says " So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." And the same book told me that "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." So you see we've showed many different examples of what people claim as Worship and praise, but does God see them that way is all that matters. I know He hates the "hey look at me I wanna be noticed" and is against it. Regardless of whatever that person claims to be praise and worship, if He doesn't accept it, you are just looking like a donkey in a church house...

I do agree with what your saying in the quote wholeheartedly. I just don't believe that's applicable to any of these situations though is what I'm saying.
I agree with the post. the baptistery swimmer is hilarious and the whole jacket in the face is crazy. however I think we should take a little caution when judging from the outside. The night I received the Holy Ghost I was set free and like bird out of a cage I flapped my wings all over the church, platform included it was the most joyous thing that ever happened to me. If someone would have said I was in the flesh showing out would have been terribly mistaken and would have been a good way to discourage a new convert.