Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Re: Music leaders-- please STOP with te Hillsong m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I agree totally. But it works both ways. People lump all "Hillsong" type music together. Myself I have not heard but very little of the current Hillsong. Their early stuff with Darlene IMO was some of the very best I have heard for praise and worship.

Most of ALL music you hear fits into "filler" music.

I will try to check out some of these you have mentioned.
I agree not ALL Hillsong music is terrible. Personally, I haven't listened to most of their new music. Especially after the curse-word song.

They had really good music in the early 2000s with Darlene Zschech.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=jediwill83;1588505]
Quote:
Im still waiting to see this marvelous Pentecostal worship I always hear about! It must really be something![/QUOTE

Here ya go Mike! 😁

That is not what I call "Pentecostal Worship." Rather, that is the worship of being Pentecostal.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I agree totally. But it works both ways. People lump all "Hillsong" type music together. Myself I have not heard but very little of the current Hillsong. Their early stuff with Darlene IMO was some of the very best I have heard for praise and worship.

Most of ALL music you hear fits into "filler" music.

I will try to check out some of these you have mentioned.
Vineyard was way better than Hillsong:

Old 05-29-2020, 12:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Im still waiting to see this marvelous Pentecostal worship I always hear about! It must really be something!
Old 05-29-2020, 07:29 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

I remember reading a story when I was younger about a martyr about to be burned at the stake in England. The man was promised to be set free if he recanted and he refused. There was another man scheduled to be burned after the first and while waiting the second condemned asked the first that if while he was being burned, if His grace was indeed sufficient in those fires and in that pain...if God was still with him if he'd clap.

The man agreed and was led to the post, tied to it and the kindling was lit...he prayed, sang, hair fizzled off over his body, skin cracked and began to melt to the point where people assumed he had passed and then slowly with effort those blackened charred hands raised and clapped twice.

The second man was able to go to his execution with joy.

Now hows THAT for a worship service?

If you cant touch Him in times of peace because you're turned off and annoyed by beats n lyrics and sounds....

Just saying...there are martrys gonna be around that throne crying HOLY!!!!! HOLY!!!!!! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY THAT WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME BLESSED IS HE THAT SITTETH UPON THE THRONE!

They are going to be casting their crowns crying HOLY!

The last "beat" those people dealt with was the blows against their bodies as they were torn and ripped to shreds.

The last lyrics they heard were a "back beat" of noises of anger, rage and jeers from the mob blended with their own voices of praise in adoration....that was their last worship service.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
I remember reading a story when I was younger about a martyr about to be burned at the stake in England. The man was promised to be set free if he recanted and he refused. There was another man scheduled to be burned after the first and while waiting the second condemned asked the first that if while he was being burned, if His grace was indeed sufficient in those fires and in that pain...if God was still with him if he'd clap.

The man agreed and was led to the post, tied to it and the kindling was lit...he prayed, sang, hair fizzled off over his body, skin cracked and began to melt to the point where people assumed he had passed and then slowly with effort those blackened charred hands raised and clapped twice.

The second man was able to go to his execution with joy.

Now hows THAT for a worship service?

If you cant touch Him in times of peace because you're turned off and annoyed by beats n lyrics and sounds....

Just saying...there are martrys gonna be around that throne crying HOLY!!!!! HOLY!!!!!! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY THAT WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME BLESSED IS HE THAT SITTETH UPON THE THRONE!

They are going to be casting their crowns crying HOLY!

The last "beat" those people dealt with was the blows against their bodies as they were torn and ripped to shreds.

The last lyrics they heard were a "back beat" of noises of anger, rage and jeers from the mob blended with their own voices of praise in adoration....that was their last worship service.
Very powerful.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Vineyard was way better than Hillsong:

I dont know how it has come to be an entire genre is called by the name of one worship group. From what I know of them they had 4-5 truly great songs. At least that I considered great. I consider them to be Church music standards.

Nonetheless it seems when people talk about Hillsong music perhaps they are including K LOVE style and whats left (if anything) of what was once called "Charismatic" worship.

I would count Vineyard as Charismatic and many good worship songs came from there.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

I could not understand one word the young lady said. The guitar player could not keep his hands off her body. I would not use that as an example of what is Apostolic.

I would use "Im A Pentecostal" over that.

I would take practically any Charismatic worship over that.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 05-29-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I could not understand one word the young lady said. The guitar player could not keep his hands off her body. I would not use that as an example of what is Apostolic.

I would use "Im A Pentecostal" over that.

I would take practically any Charismatic worship over that.
That was probably his wife.

So a video of people worshipping God and being touched by the Spirit is discounted because the sound quality wasn't good enough for your speakers?

I'm afraid YOU are exactly what "I'm A Pentecostal" is all about, unfortunately.

Carry on.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Yep, this kind of old time religion just ain't good enough for some folks. Thankfully, it was good enough for the dear sister in this video who got healed right on camera: