Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Waukesha parade suspect Darrell Brooks says he feels 'dehumanized,' 'demonized' in first jailhouse interview.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/waukesh...ouse-interview

This is where we are as a country. A monster like Darrel Brookes is given a platform to air his grievances. He claims that everyone thinks he is a monster? Well, he is correct. He isn't an animal, because animals just do what they do due to their nature. Darrel Brooks did what he did, because he is a monster. Is anyone trying to dehumanize him? He did that to himself by choosing to murder people in cold blood. Demonize him? Again, here is what he chose for himself, when he with reckless abandoned murdered innocent people. No one led him to do these things, he glorified these actions in his past postings on Social Media. He loved being a demon, he relished being the monster.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

https://www.wsj.com/articles/waukesh...da-11638310613

In the aftermath of George Floyd’s death last year, employers offered black workers time off to deal with the news, and UCLA suspended a professor who refused to grade his supposedly traumatized black students more leniently than their nonblack peers.

Such gestures may have been well-meaning, but they were also nonsensical and reeked of condescension. Are black psyches really this fragile, and are blacks so starved for exemplars that miscreants must be treated like martyrs? Should Floyd’s death matter more to them than the huge number of black homicides that don’t involve police? And why would people who aren’t black be any less disturbed by a video showing a police officer kneeling on the neck of a defenseless suspect for nine minutes?
Click on the "Listen" audio to get more of the article than this text.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

The murderer just wants a chance to prove to the judge that he can be the man his mother, and God want him to be.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:43 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The murderer just wants a chance to prove to the judge that he can be the man his mother, and God want him to be.

"Mr. Nuffin? Paging Mr. Dindu Nuffin? Is there a Mr. Dindu Nuffin in the store?"
Old 12-03-2021, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

He is getting life in prison.
[Gen 9:5 NKJV] "Surely for your lifeblood I will demand [a reckoning]; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
[Gen 9:6 NKJV] "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.
God expects from Gentile human courts capital penalty for intentional killing like that. I wonder if "life in prison" will just attract judgment for the guilt of bloodshed.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
He is getting life in prison.
[Gen 9:5 NKJV] "Surely for your lifeblood I will demand [a reckoning]; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
[Gen 9:6 NKJV] "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.
God expects from Gentile human courts capital penalty for intentional killing like that. I wonder if "life in prison" will just attract judgment for the guilt of bloodshed.
As part of the New Testament revelation are we to agree with the gentile courts when they decide to kill a man through capital punishment?

I do not condone what this gentleman did, and he should and will be punished.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
As part of the New Testament revelation are we to agree with the gentile courts when they decide to kill a man through capital punishment?

I believe that's the duty of a court, and as Christian we should understand that those are consequences of sin, and intervening to prevent the consequences of sin on somebody could be seen as participating in that same sin. I believe, by the Scriptures, that God expects nations to have courts and judge evil, especially murder. Not doing so it is a sin. And yes, God said to Noah, and to Israel, that the punishment for intentional killing (murder) is death, and it should be executed by men.

But really, it doesn't matter what we think. We are not the court in that city.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:43 AM
New User

Quote:

Well, don’t kingdoms (governments) rise and fall at God’s will?
Old 12-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I believe that's the duty of a court, and as Christian we should understand that those are consequences of sin, and intervening to prevent the consequences of sin on somebody could be seen as participating in that same sin. I believe, by the Scriptures, that God expects nations to have courts and judge evil, especially murder. Not doing so it is a sin. And yes, God said to Noah, and to Israel, that the punishment for intentional killing (murder) is death, and it should be executed by men.

But really, it doesn't matter what we think. We are not the court in that city.
Ok. I just thought for a second that you were for capital punishment.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok. I just thought for a second that you were for capital punishment.
I am, for murder. I believe it has to be addressed in a court, not by a mob, or an angry individual.