Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-13-2023, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

I will see your goodness Lord in the land I am

I will see your goodness Lord
in the land I am living in

Sometimes we don't recognize God's process when he is doing his work in our lives, but we need to hold on till he is done. Pastor used a example in his message today that I never stopped to think much about except to pass over what Jesus did to get to the miracle. But have you ever stopped to think what the blind man must have thought when Jesus spit to make mud to put in his eyes to heal him. Think the worst or best but it was still spit, in today's society we look on that as so unsanitary to spit. But Jesus used spit to form mud to then put in the blind mans eyes. God does not always use conventional ways that we expect in this life, but many times his ways our not our ways.

The main point here is that although we my find ourselves in a place that we don't understand, if we love God and trust him we need to find his goodness in whatever situation we find ourselves in.
Old 02-15-2023, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Re: I will see your goodness Lord in the land I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post

Sometimes we don't recognize God's process when he is doing his work in our lives, but we need to hold on till he is done. Pastor used a example in his message today that I never stopped to think much about except to pass over what Jesus did to get to the miracle. But have you ever stopped to think what the blind man must have thought when Jesus spit to make mud to put in his eyes to heal him. Think the worst or best but it was still spit, in today's society we look on that as so unsanitary to spit. But Jesus used spit to form mud to then put in the blind mans eyes. God does not always use conventional ways that we expect in this life, but many times his ways our not our ways.

The main point here is that although we my find ourselves in a place that we don't understand, if we love God and trust him we need to find his goodness in whatever situation we find ourselves in.
This reminds me of a song by Michael Card:

Old 02-19-2023, 06:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Actually the emphasis is on the mixing of mud (clay) and spit. Mixing of these two ingredients on the Sabbath to heal. We have not one word from the blind man or those watching that what Jesus was doing was odd. To them anyway. The issue was pointed out to be "working" on the sabbath.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Actually the emphasis is on the mixing of mud (clay) and spit. Mixing of these two ingredients on the Sabbath to heal. We have not one word from the blind man or those watching that what Jesus was doing was odd. To them anyway. The issue was pointed out to be "working" on the sabbath.

You can make this out to be more or less than what I pointed out but the fact is we need to trust God in whatever situation that God puts us in. That God gets the glory in the end.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

You can make this out to be more or less than what I pointed out but the fact is we need to trust God in whatever situation that God puts us in. That God gets the glory in the end.
Maybe Job would've proved your point better?

hope all is well with you and your family.