Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-11-2021, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Something needs to be said about this.

When did a church become a family business to pass down to your children?

Recently in Oregon, Jesse Parker at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Lagrande installed his son as pastor. This guy has been arrested 5 times in the last 6 years. I get it. People change. But maybe he needs a few years at a qualified seminary before being asked to lead a flock?

If I was a long time tithe paying member of this church, I would be going else where. Something smells fishy about this. I guess these churches are too profitable to just hand off to someone who might be a qualified pastor and offer a semblance of oversight and accountability. Did the church members even have a vote?

When will the unqualified acts of nepotism stop? Hunter Biden might as well be VP.

I don’t live in the area and I have no association but this is not fair to the faithful members of this congregation.

https://www.ucmugshots.com/name/jame...parker?match=1
Old 03-12-2021, 05:43 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

And how dare Jess give it to someone else and not you! C'mon man, if it's not of God then it won't matter, if God is in it then it will. Period. That church has a board of elders who had to approve it, apparently they didn't see it like you. Roll on and find another place to Pastor so you can do the same thing when you retire.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

That's why he has a board of elders and the government of the assembly ratified it. You don't have to agree with it but you don't matter in this issue.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
And how dare Jess give it to someone else and not you! C'mon man, if it's not of God then it won't matter, if God is in it then it will. Period. That church has a board of elders who had to approve it, apparently they didn't see it like you. Roll on and find another place to Pastor so you can do the same thing when you retire.
The board of elders in most Apostolic churches is a rubber stamp for the pastor wishes.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast1 View Post

Recently in Oregon, Jesse Parker at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Lagrande installed his son as pastor. This guy has been arrested 5 times in the last 6 years. I get it. People change. But maybe he needs a few years at a qualified seminary before being asked to lead a flock?

If I was a long time tithe paying member of this church, I would be going else where. Something smells fishy about this. I guess these churches are too profitable to just hand off to someone who might be a qualified pastor and offer a semblance of oversight and accountability. Did the church members even have a vote?

When will the unqualified acts of nepotism stop? Hunter Biden might as well be VP.

I don’t live in the area and I have no association but this is not fair to the faithful members of this congregation.

Oneness churches are the worst on this kind of thing. But Assemblies of God ain't far behind. That is one thing I admire about the Southern Baptists. They even the playing field for those seeking a church.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast1 View Post

No association? Never attended Elder Parker’s meeting? Yeah something does smell fishy....this post. Sounds like something a disgruntled preacher would post. Besides that, all liars will have their part...get a prayer life and get over it.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
That's why he has a board of elders and the government of the assembly ratified it. You don't have to agree with it but you don't matter in this issue.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Even if he has a board of directors, they would be too afraid to vote him down. That how is how they got there in the first place. Kim Jung Un has advisors as well, look what happened to the last one that told him no...
Old 03-12-2021, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
No association? Never attended Elder Parker’s meeting? Yeah something does smell fishy....this post. Sounds like something a disgruntled preacher would post. Besides that, all liars will have their part...get a prayer life and get over it.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

No one has to be disgruntled to call out religious corruption.