Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-04-2021, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Not Vaccinated Enemy of the People!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
An Apostolic preacher should NEVER trust mainstream media.

Was the reporter stoned? That was really weird.

Also, I would never trust the mainstream media or give an interview to one.

Last edited by n david; 11-04-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Was the reporter stoned? That was really weird.
That's the look CNN wanted for the interview. I wouldn't be surprised that CNN looked forward to Brother Spell being seated behind his desk, and she sitting across from him. All to make him look bad, hence we only get CNN's view not only on this vaccine, but on Christianity as a whole.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
OK, the Bible says that, but is Tony a prophet? Has he prophesied things that came to past? What is his sign so that we can believe him?
Brother, I think you are conflating the issues. It doesn't matter what Mr. Spell is or is not. The question is whether anyone has the Scriptural right to call themselves a prophet. He may be one. I don't know. He may be an imposter. I don't know that either.

But it still doesn't matter within the context of the original comments that caused me to post what I did. Here's why:

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 (ESV),

Quote:
1 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.
Even if Mr. Spell gave a sign or a wonder, and it came to pass, it wouldn't matter, if the man himself was a heathen idolater that leads people to go after other gods. A prophet therefore is not merely or only known by any signs or wonders or predictions which come to pass. There is more to it than that.

Quote:
Historically, somebody calling themselves "prophets" after the first century church doesn't end up well. It is usually a false one. That's probably what shag was referring to, not the biblical use of it, but the post apostolic experience with those calling themselves "prophets".

It would have been less presumptuous to say "I'm not a politician, I'm a preacher of the Gospel", or "I'm not a politician, I'm like a prophet of old, proclaiming the coming of Christ", or something like that.
But this is because people have taken the word "prophet" and hyped it up well-beyond its meaning almost to the point of super-hero status, which is to say, since there are no men flying around in capes with super strength and invulnerability, there are therefore no super-heroes, and since there isn't anyone going around parting the seas or calling fire down from heaven or miraculously feeding thousands of people with barely a lunch's worth of food, then prophets must not exist, either.

And in that way, anyone who dares call himself a prophet automatically seems like a faker.

But note what Luke wrote in Acts 13:1:

Quote:
1 Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers...
He then goes on to list the names of six men. He does not indicate that any of them had successfully predicted the future with a "thus says the LORD", or had given signs and wonders which came to pass. Rather, he simply calls them prophets and teachers. In modern verbiage, he essentially said "preachers and teachers", with some obvious emphasis on gifts of the Spirit, considering what follows in the next two verses.

In fact, there are five different types of prophets in the New Testament, each with a different calling and gifting, but all within the same category.

- Some preach and teach the Word, as already indicated in Acts 13:1
- Some predict the future, acting as seers; see, e.g. Agabus, Acts 11:28 and 21:10-14
- Some are given gifts of the Spirit, like prophecy, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, etc., and thus, are equipped to be prophets; see 1 Corinthians 14:29 were up to two prophets so gifted may be allowed to use their gifts to prophesy to the church
- Some prophesy doom upon the ungodly; see Simon Peter and Ananias and Sapphira, or Paul and Elymas, Acts 5:1-11 and Acts 13:4-12
- And finally, some are itinerant preachers who exhort and strengthen local churches; see Judas and Silas, Acts 15:32-34

Under which category does Mr. Spell fall? Under which category does Mr. Spell believe he belongs? I have no idea. But we can see from the list that being a prophet and knowing it and telling others that it is so, ought not to spook anyone, and is no different from telling someone you are an evangelist, pastor, or teacher. Same with apostle.

Now, some people may disagree, or want evidence to support the claim for apostle or prophet, but strangely enough they do not care to see any evidence that one is called to be an evangelist, pastor, or teacher. They simply accept the title upon the merits of the one self-referentially using it. Go figure.

Quote:
Anyway, CNN got away with what they wanted to do: make him look like a cult leader without common sense. All they needed is to get him saying what they wanted him to say, and with some video editing, and bingo.
What the CNN doesn't understand is that most saints nowadays don't congregate because of the pastor, but because of the congregation. They love the congregation more than the pastor ministry. The pastor may change, and they are as happy as before, unless the next pastor really messes things up. Saints have their own mind, no matter how much the pastor yells from the pulpit. The pastors believe the congregation are following them as ignorant sheep, but that's far from reality. Most sheep are there judging your preaching and keeping what they want to keep, and throwing away the rest, but really enjoying the fellowship, and the praying together with the other saints.
How interesting you discern the motives and intents of the heart, both for the people at CNN, and for "most saints/sheep".

Are you a prophet, coksiw, to know so much about so many?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 11-05-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:43 AM

I appreciate the scriptural alignment, Votive.
You are correct- Prophet to me, in a nutshell was as in : Jonah going to Ninevah proclaiming “Lest you repent, in forty days Nineveh will be destroyed!”- kinda prophesy

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 11-05-2021 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Governor Ron DeSantis sues the Biden Administration over vaccine mandates.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:47 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Governor Ron DeSantis sues the Biden Administration over vaccine mandates.
The Daily Wire (Ben Shapiro's group) has also filed a lawsuit over the OSHA mandate. The Dimmies know it won't pass Constitutional muster, they just want to see how many will cave before it gets tossed out.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
The Daily Wire (Ben Shapiro's group) has also filed a lawsuit over the OSHA mandate. The Dimmies know it won't pass Constitutional muster, they just want to see how many will cave before it gets tossed out.
Governor Kristi Noem also coming against Biden Administration over the vaccine mandates.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Brother, I think you are conflating the issues. It doesn't matter what Mr. Spell is or is not. The question is whether anyone has the Scriptural right to call themselves a prophet. He may be one. I don't know. He may be an imposter. I don't know that either.

But it still doesn't matter within the context of the original comments that caused me to post what I did. Here's why:

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 (ESV),

Even if Mr. Spell gave a sign or a wonder, and it came to pass, it wouldn't matter, if the man himself was a heathen idolater that leads people to go after other gods. A prophet therefore is not merely or only known by any signs or wonders or predictions which come to pass. There is more to it than that.

But this is because people have taken the word "prophet" and hyped it up well-beyond its meaning almost to the point of super-hero status, which is to say, since there are no men flying around in capes with super strength and invulnerability, there are therefore no super-heroes, and since there isn't anyone going around parting the seas or calling fire down from heaven or miraculously feeding thousands of people with barely a lunch's worth of food, then prophets must not exist, either.

And in that way, anyone who dares call himself a prophet automatically seems like a faker.

But note what Luke wrote in Acts 13:1:

He then goes on to list the names of six men. He does not indicate that any of them had successfully predicted the future with a "thus says the LORD", or had given signs and wonders which came to pass. Rather, he simply calls them prophets and teachers. In modern verbiage, he essentially said "preachers and teachers", with some obvious emphasis on gifts of the Spirit, considering what follows in the next two verses.

In fact, there are five different types of prophets in the New Testament, each with a different calling and gifting, but all within the same category.

- Some preach and teach the Word, as already indicated in Acts 13:1
- Some predict the future, acting as seers; see, e.g. Agabus, Acts 11:28 and 21:10-14
- Some are given gifts of the Spirit, like prophecy, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, etc., and thus, are equipped to be prophets; see 1 Corinthians 14:29 were up to two prophets so gifted may be allowed to use their gifts to prophesy to the church
- Some prophesy doom upon the ungodly; see Simon Peter and Ananias and Sapphira, or Paul and Elymas, Acts 5:1-11 and Acts 13:4-12
- And finally, some are itinerant preachers who exhort and strengthen local churches; see Judas and Silas, Acts 15:32-34

Under which category does Mr. Spell fall? Under which category does Mr. Spell believe he belongs? I have no idea. But we can see from the list that being a prophet and knowing it and telling others that it is so, ought not to spook anyone, and is no different from telling someone you are an evangelist, pastor, or teacher. Same with apostle.

Now, some people may disagree, or want evidence to support the claim for apostle or prophet, but strangely enough they do not care to see any evidence that one is called to be an evangelist, pastor, or teacher. They simply accept the title upon the merits of the one self-referentially using it. Go figure.

How interesting you discern the motives and intents of the heart, both for the people at CNN, and for "most saints/sheep".

Are you a prophet, coksiw, to know so much about so many?

The references to the term "prophet" in the NT is from the definition in the OT. The NT did not redefine what a prophet do and is.

If you want to know what makes someone a prophet, go and see the instances in the OT (and even some in the NT) that detailed their experience, and what they say, and how, and what make them a prophet. You shouldn't go to the instances where details are not given, as you did from some passages in Acts, just to broad the meaning of the term so you can fit all kinds of speeches.

Not all exhortations are prophecies, and prophecies are mostly exhortations.

Preaching loud and even filled with the Spirit doesn't make one a prophet. Plenty of examples of that in the book of Acts. Just search for "filled, Spirit" or "full, Spirit". If that were the case, then we all would have the ministry of prophets.

Just to clarify, I'm referring to "prophets" as the distinct ministry. We all know that all the saints that have been filled with the Spirit have the potential to be used with the gift of prophecy at some point.

Regarding the if I'm a prophet, which it is obvious that you are saying that sarcastically. My sources are from a few decades hanging out with saints. However, you can see it yourself in the CNN interview, how Tony was preaching his heart out negatively of vaccines in the assembly, yet there was a black gentleman that went to his church, that was interviewed, that had a suit on, and very boldly, with a smile, said he was vaccinated.

Last edited by coksiw; 11-05-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
However, you can see it yourself in the CNN interview, how Tony was preaching his heart out negatively of vaccines in the assembly, yet there was a black gentleman that went to his church, that was interviewed, that had a suit on, and very boldly, with a smile, said he was vaccinated.
Really, those few people at the end being interviewed outside, near the buses, may likely be visitors. Anyway, the guy who is tripled vaxxed found a friend in CNN.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Brother Tony Spell speaks about his bus ministry at the beginning of the interview It seems that the people being interviewed outside by the buses were indeed visitors. First time I watched this interview, and I must say that Brother Spell nailed it at the end of the interview, He brought up the fact that while all the churches were to close their doors, Walmart, BJs, Cosco, Walgreens, and every other box store were still jugging along full speed.