Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
bogus, democrat, irs scandal, liar, republican

Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Rep. Elijah Cummings Release Full Transcript (IRS)

The Cincinnati manager in the transcript revealed Tuesday is a self-described “conservative Republican” who told congressional investigators that he asked Washington IRS officials for guidance on a tea party case on Feb. 25, 2010, the same date listed in an inspector general’s report as the genesis of the IRS’s targeting efforts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ew-transcript/

FULL TRANSCRIPT LINK IS BELOW

http://democrats.oversight.house.gov...er_Part_II.pdf
Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Rep. Elijah Cummings Release Full Transcript (

Read most of the transcript, will finish it later. Thus far, nothing ground-breaking in it that removes all doubt of any WH involvement.

Doesn't matter his political affiliation, though it's mighty convenient that this career IRS manager identifies himself as such.

Page 63
Q: Had you been instructed to conduct a search for the 10 Tea Party cases or had you decided to conduct that search yourself?

A: There was no -- there was no -- no one said to make it a search.

Page 65
Q: Was your instruction to the group to search for similar cases driven in part by a need to ensure consistency of treatment? Do I make sense?

A: I guess. I mean --

Q: Can you describe to me why you instructed the group to search --

A: We, ultimately, you know, consistency, you know, is paramount in what we are doing, and so that is a big factor in a decision to do this.

On page 63 he says there was no search, but then on page 65 he admits there was a methodical search to find any application from a Tea Party group...in the name of consistency.

On 67, he states the EO Technical dept in DC were the ones reviewing these...which is contrary to everything Obama, Carney and other have been saying. They've been saying it's just a couple "rogue" employees going off the res, doing their own thing.

This guy made them a liar. He's claiming that DC was happy they sent the first case to them, and wanted any other like it.

And not one....not ONE of these were progressive/liberal groups like Media Matters.

I stand by my earlier assessment....it's a dog and pony show. A big steamy pile. They trot this guy out because he's allegedly a "conservative Republican" in hopes this will make Rep Issa and others back down.

Still not buying it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Read most of the transcript, will finish it later. Thus far, nothing ground-breaking in it that removes all doubt of any WH involvement.

Doesn't matter his political affiliation, though it's mighty convenient that this career IRS manager identifies himself as such.

Page 63
Q: Had you been instructed to conduct a search for the 10 Tea Party cases or had you decided to conduct that search yourself?

A: There was no -- there was no -- no one said to make it a search.

Page 65
Q: Was your instruction to the group to search for similar cases driven in part by a need to ensure consistency of treatment? Do I make sense?

A: I guess. I mean --

Q: Can you describe to me why you instructed the group to search --

A: We, ultimately, you know, consistency, you know, is paramount in what we are doing, and so that is a big factor in a decision to do this.

On page 63 he says there was no search, but then on page 65 he admits there was a methodical search to find any application from a Tea Party group...in the name of consistency.

On 67, he states the EO Technical dept in DC were the ones reviewing these...which is contrary to everything Obama, Carney and other have been saying. They've been saying it's just a couple "rogue" employees going off the res, doing their own thing.

This guy made them a liar. He's claiming that DC was happy they sent the first case to them, and wanted any other like it.

And not one....not ONE of these were progressive/liberal groups like Media Matters.

I stand by my earlier assessment....it's a dog and pony show. A big steamy pile. They trot this guy out because he's allegedly a "conservative Republican" in hopes this will make Rep Issa and others back down.

Still not buying it.
Your not buying it cause you already had your mind made up about blaming Obama.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Not riding the train

Case Closed? Far From It.

Rep. Cummings, having declared the mystery solved, this week released the entire 205-page transcript of an interview between congressional investigators and a frontline manager in the Cincinnati office....

There, said Mr. Cummings, case closed. But that testimony settles nothing...

The frontline manager also said, in his interview, "I'll say my realm was so low down, and after the initial review of a case, which was, you know, within three days after assignment, I became less and less aware of what happened above me." He said he didn't do any targeting, but "I'm not in a position to discuss anybody else's intention but my own."

What investigators have to do now is follow the trail through the IRS in Washington, including political appointees.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...396922628.html
Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odooley6985 View Post
Your not buying it cause you already had your mind made up about blaming Obama.
Not at all. FACT: if you read my earlier posts about the IRS issue, I stated several times that I didn't believe Obama was involved.

The reason I don't buy it is because liars can't keep their story straight. If you've ever dealt with a liar, no matter how hard they try, the story changes.

Obama, Jay Carney and others first said this was the work of "a couple" "rogue" employees in the Cincinnati office only. Then we find out that there are emails and letters from other offices besides Cincinnati.....from California, DC and another state. So the story changed to, well, for consistencies sake, we forwarded it to the DC EO Tech dept.

Not only the story of who was involved has changed, but the dates of when people found out about it has changed several times.

Jay Carney emphatically denied that the WH knew anything about it until that ridiculous question asked to Lois Lerner by her friend that started the whole scandal off that one Friday in May. Then we find out that the WH Counsel and senior staff...INCLUDING the President's own Chief of Staff knew about the report well before that Friday.

That, among other reasons, is why I don't buy it.

I still will be surprised if Obama was stupid and arrogant enough to be involved in any way. Personally, I think it's his campaign staff -- specifically David Axelrod, who initiated this. They have a history dating back to his Senate campaign where they released confidential information on his opponents.