Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
apostolic doctrine, healing, ministry, witnessing

Old 04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Don't ask.

Re: Healing is in the Believer's Job Description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieA27 View Post
If people really had the right "revelations" and "correct doctrine's then their lives should line up with the bible, and what it says that believers should do.

And this is also profound. I find that also to be the truth, that the most resistance you get towards believing in God, are those who profess to be christians. It's always doubt, and mocking, saying things such as, "God isn't going to do that" "You're wasting your time" "God doesn't do miracles today like He did in bible times" "You're an idiot, you're a moron, we have science, why are you waiting on God."

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a co-worker. I had a really painful ache that day and one of the first thing he asked me was, "did you take an aspirin?" I said "no, I'm going to pray to God for my healing," Then he said, "Oh you're just going to endure it then?"

Absolutely no faith in God, no faith that He directly does anything anymore. Reminds me of what Timmy said the other day, on another thread, about when should believers really depend on God? When it's something that's easily explained away, where it's not clear whether it's God's doing or just your or someone's else doing?

I'm serious, some times I feel like I'm talking to Atheists when it comes to believing on God.
Hmm. Can't say I've seen much, if any, mocking of the type you cite, here on AFF. I don't even do that! (An agnostic, btw, if you didn't realize.)
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Hmm. Can't say I've seen much, if any, mocking of the type you cite, here on AFF. I don't even do that! (An agnostic, btw, if you didn't realize.)
Hey Timmy, what's up? Hope you are doing well.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
...Today is no different and it is not that the authority of the Holy Spirit has diminished any but because those who walked in the authority of the Holy Spirit while the apostles were at the helm of the church were all on one accord with the truth of the Holy Spirit.

A condition that does not exist today given evidence by over 25,000 different denominations of Christianity representing a modern-day Tower of Babel all with their own doctrines of how to worship in spirit and in truth.
Well, you deem it a Tower of Babel, which is understandable; but God works in mysterious ways, and I see a reflection to Diaspora--or, the T of B is essentially about scattering a people who wished to consolidate.

I see this reflected in other Scripture; man tries to come together in 'agreement,' to the point of establishing...well, establishments, with declarations and bylaws, committees and boards, everything 'set in stone;' (contrary to many euphemisms, which have an unusual reflection of Spirit in them) which is exactly the opposite of what God may want.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
Hey Timmy, what's up? Hope you are doing well.
AHL Playoffs are up! GO STARS!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Well, you deem it a Tower of Babel, which is understandable; but God works in mysterious ways, and I see a reflection to Diaspora--or, the T of B is essentially about scattering a people who wished to consolidate.

I see this reflected in other Scripture; man tries to come together in 'agreement,' to the point of establishing...well, establishments, with declarations and bylaws, committees and boards, everything 'set in stone;' (contrary to many euphemisms, which have an unusual reflection of Spirit in them) which is exactly the opposite of what God may want.
Niles: "Yes! Yes! One MUST follow proper parliamentary procedures!"

Frasier: "Indeed!"

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Banned

it's funny; we are supposed to be in agreement on a certain level, one I might deem the Parliamentary Procedures, or the etiquette; but Scripture seems to tell me that we should be tolerant otherwise.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
it's funny; we are supposed to be in agreement on a certain level, one I might deem the Parliamentary Procedures, or the etiquette; but Scripture seems to tell me that we should be tolerant otherwise.
Tolerant of the world: yes, but tolerant to changing the foundation of truth.....Never!

There is only "one truth," but instead of the foundation of truth preached through the "one truth of Christ in us" that is our only hope of glory being taught in every church, we have 25,000 variations saying "I want it my way".
Old 04-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Tolerant of the world: yes, but tolerant to changing the foundation of truth.....Never!

There is only "one truth," but instead of the foundation of truth preached through the "one truth of Christ in us" that is our only hope of glory being taught in every church, we have 25,000 variations saying "I want it my way".
And nearly that many combinations of where dresses, sleeves, collars, and hair length need to reach. LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
And nearly that many combinations of where dresses, sleeves, collars, and hair length need to reach. LOL
Since you have added appearances to the equation....... the number "25,000" is no longer relevant