Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in having one?
Yes 20 83.33%
No 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
bible, bible study, doctrine

Old 06-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Apostolic Study Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Just trying to be neutral in this...
Christianity today with all these denominations and traditions has become babylon.. confusion.

Jesus spoke you will always know his disciples by there fruits.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
General Overseer, A.F.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
its ok i dont have to proove myself to you. But your insulting both of us declaring that we are not in the right mindset. in essence you have just set yourself above us in doing so with your comment. its just like many of 3 steppers, every one who doesnt understand my way their just carnal minded sinners.

I know what my eyes have seen, and unlike you have experienced God outside the apostolic world, and if i Deny that i would be denying God Himself.
Its not me who has the blinders on its you.

Ive seen healing. Miracles, answered prayers, from people who have been baptized in matt 28:19 . who will never again get rebaptized. maybe you should get out and go to a trinity pentacostal church and watch the spirit fall, and then ask God why do you do this... why do you pour out your greatest Gift on trinitraians who dont preach Jesus name baptism or speaking in tounges as a salvation experience.

He is gonna tell you what He told me.. I go were people Love Me.

you act as if we are on the wide road which is not true.
The problem is many people when challanged to show their point run.

Its ok,

I have studied. I dont just take peoples words for it. For awhile i believed acts 2:38 (with evidence of tounges) however brother/sister you will not find the last part in any bible, pentacostals have added those 4 words to acts 2:38

its a add on that came about in the 1900. If you have been in pentacost all these years then you should know this. its in the history books

William seymour, (read his work) did not preach tounges . He preached Jesus. He was a 1 stepper and eventually went methodist. he stated that all the gifts was present in asuza street.

again im not against tounges its a gift of the Spirit of God,

Acerrak, I agree with you! My Grandfather was the first man I ever knew that spoke in tongues, and my childhood pastors wife was the first women I ever heard speak in tongues, and guess what, BOTH of them were BAPTIST who had been baptized in the titles. We didnt come to the Revelation of who Jesus is until several years after my grandfather passed away, so, I guess neither he not Sis M followed a 3 step plan, guess God just gives as he will!!!!!
Apostolic is an understanding that God has finally and completely revealed Himself to all mankind through His incarnation as Jesus Christ. He has revealed to all a way of life, love and forgiveness that leads to a right relationship with Him and with each other.

~Repairing the Apostolic Church, Apostle W. Carey & Bishop N. Morales

Last edited by PastorTLArt; 06-14-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

I'm with Michael, and I also disagree with Sam. We need something that teaches and explains everything that Christians need to learn and to know in order to be perfected in the knowledge of God by the working of His Spirit until we all come to the unity of the faith. Apostolic have the basics down and are true Christians and not false, but when it comes to the deeper matters of the word, most are clueless. Fortunately not all. Someone like Jason Dulle, William Arnold, or Dave Huston would be good ones to consult. Still many will condone evil, pagan worship practices like Christmas and Easter, while telling men that they must shave (military?) and get ready for the secret rapture, which could be any minute. Really, we need to focus on proper exegesis (biblical research) and hermeneutics (biblical interpretation).

Unfortunately, the Baptists and other false Christians are the ones seeking to properly interpret the scriptures and go deeper with God. It is too bad that they're eyes are blinded to the basic truths of Oneness and salvation in Jesus Christ alone. We need a restoration of the true assemply of believers ("church") who will surpass the false Christians in their good and accurate biblical, historical, archeological, and scientific research. May God's Spirit enlighten us to stand up and win this spiritual war against the enemies of God's truth.

They guard their findings and deeper truths in their Theological Seminaries and Bible Colleges and first indoctrinate people before exposing them to the truth of God's Word and how to properly handle it. Finally, there is an apostolic, true, full counsel of God, Seminary on the Web which submits all alleged truths to the test of the holy scriptures rather than submitting the scriptures to the test of man's opinion. This school is not outrageously priced, it is very affordable for EVERYONE, with courses in the tens of dollars instead of in the hundreds and even thousands like other seminaries. Up to 5 people can study under one program, and everyone does not need to pay the tuition costs; they can split it. There are even FREE certificate programs coming soon! Join us in equipping and getting equipped for GOD'S calling on our lives!

It's not about us, nor the word of man, it's the Word of God that will never fade away. Let us learn it, love it, do it, teach it, and freely share it with the world. God is calling you all. Are you listening? Here I am, Lord! Here I am!

Thank you for listening and for checking out the ministry of Word Seminary!
Grace and peace be with you all who are in Christ Jesus, and truth to all!

Come and let us sit at the feet of the Master! www.wordseminary.com
Old 10-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Word Warrior,

Welcome to the Forum! Good to see you here my friend.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Where did the church start? Acts 2. What happened when the holy ghost fell on them? They spoke in tongues.

Sounds pretty "initial" to me.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Apostolic

Study tools are okay, but I've seen many that adhere to other things among many that is of their interpretation. I tend to do a background check on the company (such as Thomas Nelson), before making a purchase. As a young convert, one can easily be deceived if you're new in the word of God. I do find them helpful at times for history purposes, and I use the strong's concordance and Lexicon for study of the greek and hebrew text. There were things in their as well that did not line up, so I had to pray for spiritual discernment. The ultimate teacher though is having the Spirit of Christ (Holy Ghost) because He teaches us all things. Before it was just reading the bible before, and I thought i was learning something without having the Spirit of God, but now it comes as I grow, and I pray in tongues everyday as well for spiritual guidance.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word Warrior View Post
I'm with Michael, and I also disagree with Sam. We need something that teaches and explains everything that Christians need to learn and to know in order to be perfected in the knowledge of God by the working of His Spirit until we all come to the unity of the faith. Apostolic have the basics down and are true Christians and not false, but when it comes to the deeper matters of the word, most are clueless. Fortunately not all. Someone like Jason Dulle, William Arnold, or Dave Huston would be good ones to consult. Still many will condone evil, pagan worship practices like Christmas and Easter, while telling men that they must shave (military?) and get ready for the secret rapture, which could be any minute. Really, we need to focus on proper exegesis (biblical research) and hermeneutics (biblical interpretation).

Unfortunately, the Baptists and other false Christians are the ones seeking to properly interpret the scriptures and go deeper with God. It is too bad that they're eyes are blinded to the basic truths of Oneness and salvation in Jesus Christ alone. We need a restoration of the true assemply of believers ("church") who will surpass the false Christians in their good and accurate biblical, historical, archeological, and scientific research. May God's Spirit enlighten us to stand up and win this spiritual war against the enemies of God's truth.

They guard their findings and deeper truths in their Theological Seminaries and Bible Colleges and first indoctrinate people before exposing them to the truth of God's Word and how to properly handle it. Finally, there is an apostolic, true, full counsel of God, Seminary on the Web which submits all alleged truths to the test of the holy scriptures rather than submitting the scriptures to the test of man's opinion. This school is not outrageously priced, it is very affordable for EVERYONE, with courses in the tens of dollars instead of in the hundreds and even thousands like other seminaries. Up to 5 people can study under one program, and everyone does not need to pay the tuition costs; they can split it. There are even FREE certificate programs coming soon! Join us in equipping and getting equipped for GOD'S calling on our lives!

It's not about us, nor the word of man, it's the Word of God that will never fade away. Let us learn it, love it, do it, teach it, and freely share it with the world. God is calling you all. Are you listening? Here I am, Lord! Here I am!

Thank you for listening and for checking out the ministry of Word Seminary!
Grace and peace be with you all who are in Christ Jesus, and truth to all!

Come and let us sit at the feet of the Master! www.wordseminary.com
I definitely agree with you. Many churches have "departed from the faith". I have close friends that try to argue me down, and say that the Word of God was "written by man". True, but is of NO private interpretation, and was divinely inspired (God-breathed) to be written as the prophets and apostles were moved by the Holy Ghost. If a person wants to have their opinion on the Word of God, then that's fine, I do not want to argue, that's something that must be taken up with God. A lot of churches baptize after "tradition", and preach after "tradition".

And by the way great site for Word Seminary, and checked out the "statement of faith". *thumbs up*
Old 12-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Anybody know anything about a Bible that Sid Roth has available?
It would be from a Jewish/Christian viewpoint.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorTLArt View Post
I have been interested in producing an Apostolic Study Bible for years, I would love to know how much interest there would be in having one if it was available and having input on features that folks would like to see in the study notes.

I recently bought a new bible and it has a great format and awesome notes and it re-sparked my interest in this project.

Please give my feedback if your interested!
I have already been working on the New Apostolic Bible for years, and also I am working concurrently on an Apostolic Commentary.

It has not been easy, and I have not made a lot of progress, since I have a full time job and many other obligations.

I had to abandon some of the Study Aids I wanted to add to this Apostolic Bible for a future Study Version, which I plan on beggining once I get the basic Apostolic Bible published.

I hope to have the Basic New Testament finished by February 2012, (in two months) it will be the first version, with a revision coming in in 2014 or 2015 depending on the time available, at the rate I am going, I hope to have the first version of the Old Testament finished by 2017 and a revision done before 2020.

I wish I had more time to work on it, but I have a family to support.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeshua is God

Well I expected to have the New Testament finished by February 2012
But actually ended up publishing it in March 2013.

I published the Hispanic version 6 months later.
Since it was a rush job, I am currently working on revising the Hispanic Version. I expect to have the Hispanic version revision finished before the end of 2014.

I am also revising and adding to the Jesus name Appendix.

The Apostolic commentary will not be coming for a long time, (I have to finish the Old Testament part of "The Holy Apostolic Bible" first) I wish some apostolic brethren would get tired of using the Trinitarians commentaries and start working on an Apostolic commentary on the whole Bible, I am sick and tired of using the Trinitarian study tools, that is why I started "The Holy Apostolic Bible" so my brethren would not have to go thru the Trinitarian verbiage while studying the word of God.

I really wish some group of Holy Spirit filled Apostolic Men and women too, would get together and decide to create a good solid Apostolic scholarly Commentary on the whole Bible. If no one does, then when I have the time, sometime in the future, I will simply go back and finish the Apostolic Commentary I have begun.

Last edited by FlamingZword; 05-10-2014 at 10:33 PM.