Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Re: Apostolic Assembly News-surprising footage

Welcome PastorA to AFF in Jesus Name.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:58 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Does anyone know if one of the pastors was in Oxnard?
My late uncle Robert, used to Pastor there and was General Secretary as well. I could ask my cousin but he was just in a bad car/truck accident so I will leave him be!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary Pilgrim View Post
The election scandal fallout is still major. All those who questioned the General Board about the election irregularities are being removed as Bishops and Pastors from the AA. The AA also seizes the church and the property. Below is a link to footage of the removal of church members from a meeting at Bishop Baldemar Rodriguez’s church in Ca.

http://apostolicnews.blogspot.com/
The other day I read the first few pages of this thread and posted a couple of questions myself that DA answered.

Tonight I just had a chance to go to the link provided here and watched the first part of the first you tube video imbedded there.

I must say that I was shocked and disappointed. While the org. may be dead wrong in kicking these pastors out and locking them out of their churches the nature of that video was not Christian at all.

The voice was disguised and vague threats were made. Not Christian at all and I am embarressed that anybody considering themselves Apostolic or Christian would do that.

It would have been one thing to document the events that took place. Sometihng altogeher different to respond in an unchristian manner.

What a terrible witness on both sides as far as I am concerened. Disgraceful.

I didn't finish watching the first video I was so upset at the tone of it nor any of the other videos. I hope they were not as bad as the first.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorA View Post
All of this mess with the Assembly is sad.

I wonder what men like Romo, Aguilar, Zuniga have to say about all this.
I do to. Guess I have to ask him soon.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
The other day I read the first few pages of this thread and posted a couple of questions myself that DA answered.

Tonight I just had a chance to go to the link provided here and watched the first part of the first you tube video imbedded there.

I must say that I was shocked and disappointed. While the org. may be dead wrong in kicking these pastors out and locking them out of their churches the nature of that video was not Christian at all.

The voice was disguised and vague threats were made. Not Christian at all and I am embarressed that anybody considering themselves Apostolic or Christian would do that.

It would have been one thing to document the events that took place. Sometihng altogeher different to respond in an unchristian manner.

What a terrible witness on both sides as far as I am concerened. Disgraceful.

I didn't finish watching the first video I was so upset at the tone of it nor any of the other videos. I hope they were not as bad as the first.
That is so true!

That & it is very sad that it has come to this!

Nobody wins!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:55 AM

CC, I agree the veiled threats hurt their cause.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

We can't control what others do, but we can control how we react to it. I agree with CC1's post.

If you expect someone to take up your cause, you have to make sure you keep your own nose clean.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 06-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

This much I have found out. NO I DID NOT TALK WITH MY PASTOR AS YET BUT I DO TRUST THIS SOURCE.
There is ALWAYS two sides to a story.
The Bible teaches that you reap what you sow. Well it is harvest time for some people.
Most men are staying out of it and are not happy how either side is acting or reacting.
So don't know anything more than that but I do know that my pastor is not politically inclined and would certainly be one of those staying out of it. I do think however if he feels an injustice is served he would be the first to stand up and say something.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Blessed and Highly Favored

Well I just read that another pastor was excommunicated yesterday. Pastor Daniel Solomon from Denver, Colorado.

My 83 yr old grandmmother came over early this morning to watch the vidoes. She began to cry. She has been in the AA all her life. Too see this, it broke her heart. And she found out her pastor may be one of the many pastors who are getting excommunicated. She said she never thought this would ever happen in the church.