Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Bible Study

Hello,

I have a bible study planned with a guy I know tomorrow. I have made a study based on other studies and just basic bible knowledge.

I was interested in knowing what you thought was the best bible study to teach a sinner, or one you personal use or made.

This is will be a "one time only" study more then likely, so I need to share the plan of salvation (no time to "build" up to it).

Thanks for any input.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Standing fast in liberty!

Re: Bible Study

I've seen one called "Into His Marvelous Light" that I think Al Gosson came up with. It's an 8-page study of the plan of salvation.

Also, I've seen "Bible Study in a Bag" that I think is available through PPH. It's a little gimmicky for me, but it does the job.

I don't know if either are available as downloads in time to help you tomorrow. Otherwise, I usually use my own anyway rather than having to adjust my style to the format of someone else's study. Just a personal thing.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2.15 KJV
Old 03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Billybob what qualifies this person to be a sinner..
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Standing fast in liberty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
Billybob what qualifies this person to be a sinner..
Seriously?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2.15 KJV
Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

I mean he's not a new convert.

He is someone who is not saved yet.

Which will have any impact on the type of study I teach.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

I took Into His Marvelous Light and circled the first verse in the study in my Bible. Then after the verse I wrote in the next verse and created a chain of verses based on the study so that when teaching Bible studies the student sees only the Bible.

Just something I thought I'd throw in.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, good idea.

I was thinking about doing that. And write the next page number to go to, so i change quickly.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob8469 View Post
Hello,

I have a bible study planned with a guy I know tomorrow. I have made a study based on other studies and just basic bible knowledge.

I was interested in knowing what you thought was the best bible study to teach a sinner, or one you personal use or made.

This is will be a "one time only" study more then likely, so I need to share the plan of salvation (no time to "build" up to it).

Thanks for any input.
I think we make a huge mistake in going right to Acts 2:38 and tongues. IF the person is genuinely a sinner, they need to realize they are a sinner, that they are separated from the life of God and that they NEED to be saved and that salvation is only in Jesus Christ.

Once that foundation is laid teach them repentance, water baptism and the Pentecost experience

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

We should seek Gods advice and help in reaching the lost sinner, not some "mans" plan of salvation. God already has a plan for salvation of the sinner.
Pray, Pray, Pray, and then Pray some more that Gods anointing would be on you so that you can be a help to others by His Divine Power that is within you. He will give the words that the this certain sinner needs to hear if you will seek Him, trust Him and humbly allow yourself to be a vessel for His use.

Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.