Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

AWOL

Just a note to let you know that I am, for all intents and purposes, off line. That is until I can get a replacement computer. Mine has expired. Died. Succumbed. The tragis thing is that it took with it my photos, files, etc. Unless someone knows how to retrieve info. Anyway, will check in as I can. Take care, my friends. Hope my departure isn't of long endurance.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Re: AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Just a note to let you know that I am, for all intents and purposes, off line. That is until I can get a replacement computer. Mine has expired. Died. Succumbed. The tragis thing is that it took with it my photos, files, etc. Unless someone knows how to retrieve info. Anyway, will check in as I can. Take care, my friends. Hope my departure isn't of long endurance.
We hope not either! So sorry to hear about your computer tho. That's rough!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
There are ways of retrieving files from the disk. Simplest (if it applies, namely if the drive is functional and it's something else that's making your 'puter dead) is to move it to another computer. If the drive is bad, there are retrieval services available that can work wonders, but they ain't cheap. If you can't afford it now, don't throw the drive away!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mmmmm... this is one of my specialties at work. Retrieving files off of dead computers. (And like Timmy says, it involves simply taking the drive out and slaving it to another working machine. Usually this is enough to read the data on it. If not I have a collection of "magic" programs that often work wonders. If the drive itself is dead, hardware wise, then it usually means that a company like Drive Savers needs to get involved and THAT is were the big $$$ comes into play.)
Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Hurry back, will miss you.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

So the answer to this person's problem is to ship his drive to Randy wayne and let him transfer those pic to disc!

Sounds logical and simple to me!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

As far as a new computer goes....

There is a company called TIGERDIRECT, that is offering a onr terrabyte, quad core processor for $ 259.00.

The following was sent to me.

Here is the email special I was telling you about. The kit also needs the following to be finished: CPU fan, 20.00, DVD burner 25.00, and Windows 7 PRO would cost 149.99 with the kit. This is a 64 bit system, so you couldn't use your old Operating System, unless it happened to be 64 bit. About 465.00 total with the free shipping offer! Probably worth about 650.00-750.00 or so after built. Should be quite a barn-burner!

This is a nice machine, all you have to do is put it together.

Randy probably also has some leads to some great deals also.

Just charge it my friend, it's only plastic!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
So the answer to this person's problem is to ship his drive to Randy wayne and let him transfer those pic to disc!

Sounds logical and simple to me!
Yeah, and the most interesting man in the world will get the job done right the first time!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
What are the specifics of it's death? Is the Hard Drive bad? If not it's easy to get the stuff off of it.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
As far as a new computer goes....

There is a company called TIGERDIRECT, that is offering a onr terrabyte, quad core processor for $ 259.00.

The following was sent to me.

Here is the email special I was telling you about. The kit also needs the following to be finished: CPU fan, 20.00, DVD burner 25.00, and Windows 7 PRO would cost 149.99 with the kit. This is a 64 bit system, so you couldn't use your old Operating System, unless it happened to be 64 bit. About 465.00 total with the free shipping offer! Probably worth about 650.00-750.00 or so after built. Should be quite a barn-burner!

This is a nice machine, all you have to do is put it together.

Randy probably also has some leads to some great deals also.

Just charge it my friend, it's only plastic!
If it's an AMD I probably have a fan around anyone can have lol.

BTW It's only a 64 bit system if you install a 64 Bit OS... All CPUs for the last few years have been 64 bit CPUs. It just means you can install a 64 bit OS on it, but most ran 32 bit OS

You might also make sure it has a power supply and make sure the MB has on board Video otherwise you have to spend more money on a video card...and without a video card I would never call a system a barn burner hehe

Also if you do get a card the stock power supply in the case might not be enough

Also I don't know what a one terabyte processor is...I know what a 1 terabyte hard drive is. Does this system come with a hard drive? What about Ram? If not you have to spend more money on RAM too.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.