Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Testimony

I heard a preacher state that he was preaching at a church and a man came up to him after service and made the comment to him that he wished he had that kind of testimony and anointing.
The preacher laid hands on him and started praying that God give him cancer and kill his wife and all these things. The man backed up and asked him what he was doing. VERY SHOCKED that minister would pray such a prayer. He asked the man if he really wanted a similar testimony or not? The man just looked at him. He said he told the man, I didn't think you wanted it as badly as you thought. See to have a testimony like mine you have to go through the things that I went through.

I think it is true today that many want to have a "TESTIMONY" but do not want to go their the TRIALS and TESTS to get that TESTIMONY.

God grant me strength and courage to face anything that YOU place in my path and help me not to go looking for others testimony but to be content in what testimony I do have.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Re: Testimony

"Jesus today has many who love his heavenly kingdom, but few who carry his cross; many who yearn for comfort, few who long for distress. Plenty of people he finds to share his banquet, few to share his fast. Everyone desires to take part in his rejoicing, but few are willing to suffer anything for his sake. There are many that follow Jesus as far as the breaking of bread, few as far as drinking the cup of suffering; many that revere his miracles,few that follow him in the indignity of his cross."

Thomas A Kempis from The Imitation of Christ.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 07-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
"Jesus today has many who love his heavenly kingdom, but few who carry his cross; many who yearn for comfort, few who long for distress. Plenty of people he finds to share his banquet, few to share his fast. Everyone desires to take part in his rejoicing, but few are willing to suffer anything for his sake. There are many that follow Jesus as far as the breaking of bread, few as far as drinking the cup of suffering; many that revere his miracles,few that follow him in the indignity of his cross."

Thomas A Kempis from The Imitation of Christ.
i agree..that's why it's hard..belief in Jesus requires loss.... and that separates a lot of people from the life of Christ..think of all the blood of the martyrs of Jesus in Revelation 6:9-11.
They conquered the Roman Empire without ever fighting back..and yet today, all Christianity in all forms owe everything to their witness; which without arms overcame a vicious enemy......Their testimony is the greatest witness of Jesus Christ to all generations...they were fed to lions burned at the stake ..but their testimony is the greatest, just like the slaves of Egypt who came out with great signs and wonders ... God revenging all their losses on the Egyptians...God and God alone dealt with their enemies ...
Old 07-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

When Walt went thru the ruptured aneurysm, a man walked up to me at church one day after he was getting better and said, "You know, we really need to see more miracles just like this happen here in our church. Look at how the people's faith was increased as a result." I looked at him as serious as a heart attack and replied, "Great idea. Next time YOU volunteer to be the one with the aneurysm, ok?". LOL He changed his tune really quickly.

By the way, no - Walt did not VOLUNTEER for the aneurysm. He will be the first to tell you that he is thankful that God was able to show His power and His love thru this situation and that God will forever get the honor and glory because of it. But volunteer? nope
Old 07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

I was going to a fiery hell forever and Jesus paid for all of my sins, took on the shame of my sin, and imputed His righteousness to me. That's all the testimony I need.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamDat View Post
I was going to a fiery hell forever and Jesus paid for all of my sins, took on the shame of my sin, and imputed His righteousness to me. That's all the testimony I need.
i was watching the passion the other day, and when he went to the cross and got nailed i started tearing up. He spoke to me and said no need to cry, i did this with you on my mind.

Jesus testimony is the best ever!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
I heard a preacher state that he was preaching at a church and a man came up to him after service and made the comment to him that he wished he had that kind of testimony and anointing.
The preacher laid hands on him and started praying that God give him cancer and kill his wife and all these things. The man backed up and asked him what he was doing. VERY SHOCKED that minister would pray such a prayer. He asked the man if he really wanted a similar testimony or not? The man just looked at him. He said he told the man, I didn't think you wanted it as badly as you thought. See to have a testimony like mine you have to go through the things that I went through.

I think it is true today that many want to have a "TESTIMONY" but do not want to go their the TRIALS and TESTS to get that TESTIMONY.

God grant me strength and courage to face anything that YOU place in my path and help me not to go looking for others testimony but to be content in what testimony I do have.

I have heard this same thing a few times before, though I understand the point, I am beginning to think it is pentecostal folklore, like the 3 little pigs, trophies of hell, and of course, they youth who chosse to go out with his worldly friends instead of going to church and died right down the road in a car accident.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 07-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
I have heard this same thing a few times before, though I understand the point, I am beginning to think it is pentecostal folklore, like the 3 little pigs, trophies of hell, and of course, they youth who chosse to go out with his worldly friends instead of going to church and died right down the road in a car accident.
Well I happen to know the preacher who told this and I also know many of his trials in life. I am very confident he is bold enough to do as he said he did. SO you can go ahead and doubt and be in disbelief.
You choose to not believe a lot these days it seems.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

I have heard Joyce Meyer say that people walk up to her at her conferences and say,
"Joyce, I wish I had your anointing and testimony". She said "It isn't fair for them to want
what I have, without first going through what I have gone through to get it"!

We have lived a very blessed life, but there have been things laced though that life that I
would not wish on anyone! I thank God for the blessings and I thank Him for the valleys,
for it is those things TOGETHER that have brought us to where we are today. And "Through
it all, we've learned to trust in Jesus, We've learned to depend upon His Word! Hasn't been
just the blessings but the ups and downs along the journey that has made us what we are
today. And we have not yet arrived!

No, it hasn't been just a smooth path all the way, but the hills and valleys, the mixture that
has brought us this far. HIS Love, Grace and Mercy that has brought us safe this far, and
that's what will lead us Home.

Falla39