Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
holy spirit, tongues

Old 03-04-2017, 10:26 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Got it. So you believe one can be saved and not speak in tongues.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Have you ever seen someone receive the full measure with any other gift other than tongues and if so what was the sign you have personally witnessed?
John chapter three encapsulates the born again experience of water and spirit. And our Messiah does distinguish how the spirit would be given in John chapter 3.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The (wind bloweth where it listeth),( and thou hearest the sound) thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: (so is every one that is born of the Spirit.)

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came (a sound from heaven) as of a (rushing mighty wind), and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Our Messiah, prophets and apostles foretold and confirmed our Father choosing the Heavenly language of tongues.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; (they shall speak with new tongues);

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

1Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

"Nowhere in John 3 did Jesus mention anything about speaking in tongues. One must "hop around" to try to make the “sound” concept work. "

Nobody who has the Spirit of God would mock worshipping our Heavenly Father!
Your mockery is as ignorant as you handling the word of God. You need to repent of your folly. The pronouncement of bareness shows how the Lord feels about those who are irreverent to his children.

2 Samuel 6:16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw (king David leaping and dancing before the LORD); (and she despised him in her heart.)

3 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

To be born again is the conversion of sinners into the kingdom of God. Once born again the verbiage saved applies to the walk of the believer being led by the Holyghost. Those who teach that born again and saved are interchangeable are doomed to outer darkness.

Selah
Old 03-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
John chapter three encapsulates the born again experience of water and spirit. And our Messiah does distinguish how the spirit would be given in John chapter 3.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The (wind bloweth where it listeth),( and thou hearest the sound) thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: (so is every one that is born of the Spirit.)

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came (a sound from heaven) as of a (rushing mighty wind), and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Our Messiah, prophets and apostles foretold and confirmed our Father choosing the Heavenly language of tongues.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; (they shall speak with new tongues);

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

1Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

"Nowhere in John 3 did Jesus mention anything about speaking in tongues. One must "hop around" to try to make the “sound” concept work. "

Your mockery is as ignorant as you handling the word of God. You need to repent of your folly. The pronouncement of bareness shows how the Lord feels about those who are irreverent to his children.

2 Samuel 6:16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw (king David leaping and dancing before the LORD); (and she despised him in her heart.)

To be born again is the conversion of sinners into the kingdom of God. Once born again the verbiage saved applies to the walk of the believer being led by the Holyghost. Those who teach that born again and saved are interchangeable are doomed to outer darkness.

Selah
Wow, I don't think that you know me. This is a forum where people discuss views and they sometimes differ. If you have a problem discussing without being offended then maybe you should opt out.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:06 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Wow, I don't think that you know me. This is a forum where people discuss views and they sometimes differ. If you have a problem discussing without being offended then maybe you should opt out.
He didn't do a good job of quoting, Bro. GS. His attack was pointed at my words, not so much yours, I think. You have a much kinder spirit than he does though, and I appreciate that so much in you.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:

I have never, ever said I don't believe in tongues. Please read back through the thread to understand what I have said all along.

Quote:
If you are going to quote someone's words, use the quote button in the little toolbar above the comment box. It makes it easier to read, and it is less confusing.

It is true that nowhere in John 3 did Jesus mention tongues to Nicodemus on how to be saved. Go back and read the chapter and tell me where he mentions speaking in tongues specifically? He does mention believing though, over and and over again. THAT was my point. I am not disputing that tongues were not given. They are just not mentioned in John 3.

Quote:

Selah
Your ugly words indicate the kind of spirit you have. You obviously have not read through this entire thread to see my stance. Please do that before casting stones.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I have never, ever said I don't believe in tongues. Please read back through the thread to understand what I have said all along.

If you are going to quote someone's words, use the quote button in the little toolbar above the comment box. It makes it easier to read, and it is less confusing.

It is true that nowhere in John 3 did Jesus mention tongues to Nicodemus on how to be saved. Go back and read the chapter and tell me where he mentions speaking in tongues specifically? He does mention believing though, over and and over again. THAT was my point. I am not disputing that tongues were not given. They are just not mentioned in John 3.

Your ugly words indicate the kind of spirit you have. You obviously have not read through this entire thread to see my stance. Please do that before casting stones.
Quote:
One must "hop around" to try to make the “sound” concept work. "
Your make belittling statements of Apostolic worship; then I call you out on your mockery, and I am mean spirited. I read some of your previous post and they are the same error. You demean then present yourselves how you stand on higher ground? None one of you sound Apostolic, so why are you on this forum? Well did Jude speak of those who promote your error.

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Last edited by CalledOut238; 03-05-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Your make belittling statements of Apostolic worship; then I call you out on your mockery, and I am mean spirited. I read some of your previous post and they are the same error. You demean then present yourselves how you stand on higher ground? None one of you sound Apostolic, so why are you on this forum? Well did Jude speak of those who promote your error.

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when-- they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Take your heavy stick that you are using to beat around with, and lay it down, and actually discuss the issue instead of condemn. It is easier to condemn than to discuss, by far.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Bro, starve yourself out for about a week while spending a few hours each day in prayer, then come back to post
Old 03-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bro, starve yourself out for about a week while spending a few hours each day in prayer, then come back to post
Does condescending comments make you feel superior?

Quote:
Take your heavy stick that you are using to beat around with, and lay it down, and actually discuss the issue instead of condemn. It is easier to condemn than to discuss, by far.
Stop ridiculing Apostolic worship and peddle your false doctrine on a Charismatic website.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Called out,
Let brotherly kindness continue.
And let the hateful false doctorine accusations not come from our mouths.
KBTW has great integrity on aff, and you showing up posting hateful phariseutical comments isn't going to change that.

This thread has gone fine with discourse of differing opinions made in acceptable Christian manner, until you showed up posting false doctorine accusations.

Again I ask you to take a few days off to fast and pray about your spirit, then come back to this thread to post in a respectful manner toward other apostolic oneness brethren in Christ. It will still be going then.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 03-05-2017 at 04:26 PM.