Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-29-2021, 01:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Are "Apostolic" Women Cutting Their Hair Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Most allow haircutting but insist on head coverings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Most? Hardly…
Quote:
I stand by my statement.
Quote:
Hispanic Apostolic women have been cutting their hair for decades. They hold a different view on I Corinthians 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
I know some Hispanic Pentecostals from Alabama that are very liberal. About they only thing they do that would fall under "traditional Pentecostal attire" is the women don't wear pants. They all wear makeup, jewelry, get their nails done, and the men wear shorts and beards.
Quote:
The ones I know don’t cut their hair, so…
What is bolded in red is the most logical reply to all of the above. The whole "I know of, so and so who do XYZ" means actually nothing in the grand scheme of things. My personal experiences only go as far as my own life span of of accumulated knowledge. Within any given subject, history, mechanics, religion, cooking, science , Christianity mainstream or Pentecostal, plethora of different beliefs. Religion (in the United States) is constantly morphing. Buddhists in the U.S. aren't like their counterparts in the rest of the world. Same goes for Charismatics and Pentecostals. It will keep on changing. Listen, the whole range of "Apostolic" goes from mild to wild.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:35 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What is bolded in red is the most logical reply to all of the above. The whole "I know of, so and so who do XYZ" means actually nothing in the grand scheme of things. My personal experiences only go as far as my own life span of of accumulated knowledge. Within any given subject, history, mechanics, religion, cooking, science , Christianity mainstream or Pentecostal, plethora of different beliefs. Religion (in the United States) is constantly morphing. Buddhists in the U.S. aren't like their counterparts in the rest of the world. Same goes for Charismatics and Pentecostals. It will keep on changing. Listen, the whole range of "Apostolic" goes from mild to wild.
Yep
Old 11-29-2021, 09:38 PM
New User

Quote:
Ain't that the truth. Sinners had more decency 50 years ago than most Christians do today.
Yet, the Pentecostal dress code reveals what? People can dress modest and be full of the devil.

Sinners dressed more modest 50 years ago. So what? There were still adulterers, alcoholics, fornicators, and homosexuals.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yet, the Pentecostal dress code reveals what? People can dress modest and be full of the devil.

Sinners dressed more modest 50 years ago. So what? There were still adulterers, alcoholics, fornicators, and homosexuals.
Again touché! Bravo, and this is where all religions hit a stump. Cain, offered a sacrifice, as did his brother. But only Abel was accepted because he did it out of devotion. "By FAITH Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that HE (ABEL) was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh." Cain was only going through the motions it seems, while Abel had a more faithful devotion to offer a sacrifice of his first fruits of his profession. Yet, in carnal religiosity we can fly under the radar because we wear the badge, uniform, and gun. We can quote the laws, we can write tickets, pull people over. Yet, the difference is what we eventually do with all of what we have. In church we can even be in it for 30 years and be deader then fried chicken, and drier than a mummy's pockets. Just because you've been in something for 30 or 50 years doesn't mean you have been doing it right all that time. You might really stink at it.

I've met, and known the most beautiful saints of God, and the most dastardly horrible. Jesus didn't tell us to look at the tree, but test the productivity of the fruit. Orange trees get pot bound (Brother Nathaniel Urshan II preached an awesome message years ago about that) Their roots will totally fill the pot, and go nowhere. Old orange trees may look like their fruit is good but if you try it it might taste pithy or bitter. But their are old trees which have the sweetest fruit. you can dress it up, send them to school, and they still kill the teacher. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Do you happen know why that is?
Yeah, because the church is worldly, preachers don't teach modesty, and Christians think they're saved without living what the Bible says.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

True. Sinners can dress modestly. Some still do.

And I've met many a person in "holiness attire" that aren't nice or show any love.

But that doesn't mean Christians shouldn't dress correctly. Men and women can "dress holy" and not be right with God. The heart has to be connected to how they dress, act, and conduct their daily lives in a Christ-like manner. That's a holiness person.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yeah, because the church is worldly, preachers don't teach modesty, and Christians think they're saved without living what the Bible says.
No, it’s because of a culture of a generation modifies religion as a whole. Do you think Apostolics in other parts of the world all act, and look the same? They don’t even act and look the same in the United States. How about Pentecostals in the early 1900s compared to the Pentecostals in the late 1960s? Modesty has changed a great deal through time. The Bible never changes, but the major majority of Christendom isn’t built on the Bible, but through the culture around that religion.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
True. Sinners can dress modestly. Some still do.

And I've met many a person in "holiness attire" that aren't nice or show any love.

But that doesn't mean Christians shouldn't dress correctly. Men and women can "dress holy" and not be right with God. The heart has to be connected to how they dress, act, and conduct their daily lives in a Christ-like manner. That's a holiness person.
Listen, you are either missing his point, or totally ignoring it.

We totally understand the dress accordingly part. He is clearly pointing out that in Christianity, clothes don’t make the man.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

ive always held to the belief that most of religion in the Pentecost of America, is nothing more than a fake. Most people are so drunk on false religion that they have no idea they are holding a counterfeit.

There were and always will be ways of discerning if we are coming up short of entering into the rest of God.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
I've always held to the belief that most of religion in the Pentecost of America, is nothing more than a fake. Most people are so drunk on false religion that they have no idea they are holding a counterfeit.

There were and always will be ways of discerning if we are coming up short of entering into the rest of God.
They are not only drunk on it, they are full blown in a coma.