Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Apostolic Articles
Facebook

Notices

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
father, god, godhead, holy spirit, son

Old 12-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: How The Trinity Contradicts Itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by layman316 View Post
He pointed out his understanding of the Trinity. I want to use his own logic to prove my point. I went to an Apostolic church on Sunday and the message was good until he started misrepresenting the Trinity doctrine. I believe this is why so many Apostolic Oneness have a skewed view of the Trinity.

It would be dishonest if I made statements that distorted the Oneness view, don't you think? If I do, it is not intentional. However, this would be a good topic to start. Why do Oneness preachers need to use an anti-Trinity message to when teaching their own doctrine?
I have never used "an anti-Trinity message" to preach or teach the truth about One God. I have however mentioned during such preaching/teaching the error of trinitarianism. In fact, I have never in my life personally been in an apostolic meeting where anybody preached or taught a message on the errors of trinitarianism. That is, such was never the subject of any message I can remember. Again, mentioning something in passing about the trinitarian belief has occurred every now and again. But I've never sat through a sermon dedicated to "refuting trinitarianism".

You do realise huge numbers of Oneness believers are former trinitarians, though, right?

How did the preacher misrepresent trinitarianism?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I have never used "an anti-Trinity message" to preach or teach the truth about One God. I have however mentioned during such preaching/teaching the error of trinitarianism. In fact, I have never in my life personally been in an apostolic meeting where anybody preached or taught a message on the errors of trinitarianism. That is, such was never the subject of any message I can remember. Again, mentioning something in passing about the trinitarian belief has occurred every now and again. But I've never sat through a sermon dedicated to "refuting trinitarianism".

You do realise huge numbers of Oneness believers are former trinitarians, though, right?

How did the preacher misrepresent trinitarianism?
Perhaps you need to look up the definition of the prefix "anti." Having been in the Apostolic church for several decades, I have first hand knowledge that my assertion is indeed true. Again, recently I witnessed this as fact.

I never said preachers dedicated their message to refute Trinitarianism.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by layman316 View Post
Perhaps you need to look up the definition of the prefix "anti." Having been in the Apostolic church for several decades, I have first hand knowledge that my assertion is indeed true. Again, recently I witnessed this as fact.

I never said preachers dedicated their message to refute Trinitarianism.
I never said you said anything. I simply related my experience of over 25 years. Perhaps you need to try Hooked On Phonics?

I noticed though you forgot to actually answer the question.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I never said you said anything. I simply related my experience of over 25 years. Perhaps you need to try Hooked On Phonics?

I noticed though you forgot to actually answer the question.
Thank you for the hooked on phonics insult.

You said:
Quote:
"How did the preacher misrepresent trinitarianism?"
This is an open ended question.

One of the last message was the Sunday school teacher told his members regarding "Once saved always saved" was simply to raise your hand and say you "believe," and go out an live anyway you want.
This is a clear misrepresentation of any teaching I've heard or read about salvation.

You did say
Quote:
I have however mentioned during such preaching/teaching the error of trinitarianism.
This proves my point.

Quote:
antitrinitarian
Adjective
rejecting the Trinitarian doctrine that God subsists as three distinct persons in the single substance of the Holy Trinity; nontrinitarian
Noun
(plural antitrinitarians)

One who rejects the Trinitarian doctrine. Antitraintarianism

Last edited by layman316; 12-19-2019 at 02:27 PM.