Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-16-2021, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: The Workings of God Through Humanity.

I love to hear about the awesome power of God!!
Revelation 12:11
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;"
(Forgive me for how long this is...) I received a very interesting phone call from grandmother about a year ago. She was so excited and elated to tell me what God had done for her in service that night! A few months prior, she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and had started on chemo! Feeling weak and sick, she makes her way to church, on her own. There happened to be a young evangelist visiting with them that week, finishes preaching on faith and has a routine altar-call. According to her, nothing extraordinary and unusual was happening, just a simple altar-call. This young evangelist walks right up to my grandmother, "pig-ignorant", doesn't know night nor day about her situation, lays his hand on her head, prays a simple prayer and declares her healed in Jesus Name! My grandmother recalled how she felt right after, how she felt the power of God touch her in such a unique way that she was convinced that God had healed her of breast cancer! She was so convinced that she turned to another sister next to her, exclaiming that God had healed her and was wondering if she had told the evangelist or the pastor about her situation, to which she denied and was confirmed by the evangelist himself. My grandmother told me that she couldn't wait to see the reaction from her doctor when she went in for testing the following week! I've never heard her so happy! Her excitement was so infectious, I was feeling encouraged and lifted up and told her I was looking forward to hearing the results as well. Fast-forward a week later, her phone call was completely different. Feeling distraught, confused and dismayed she asked, "What's going on?" I paused waiting for an explanation. She continued, "I don't understand what God's doing with me! I was sure He had healed me last week, but my doctor came back with bad results! What does this all mean?" Feeling helpless, I told her, "let's pray again, against those bad results and ask for His wisdom for what He's trying to show us!" After much sobbing, boohooing and talking in tongues, I felt a word from the Lord! He told me tell her that He has healed her, but not how she thinks it was done! The Lord continued to impress me, telling me that he had healed her from the FEAR, ANXIETY and DEPRESSION that was causing her to worry about her cancer. He moved on me some more and said, "I could take away the cancer, but the cancer was just a symptom and not the source! I need to heal the broken-heart(mind) in this situation more than her body! If I can heal her mind and spirit first and restore joy and peace, it won't matter what trial she goes through, because I've healed the real problem! I relayed what the Holy Ghost moved on me to say to her and she began to weep uncontrollably, but this time I didn't feel the discouragement, depression and anxiety!! I felt only peace flow in like a waterfall and surround us on the phone! Two weeks go by, and she has another test done and this time the cancer was gone!! Praise be to God!
Old 10-17-2021, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

An evangelist and his family was traveling and preaching this gospel as God lead. The fifth wheel they had attached to there ol' big block chevy was the only home they had. One wintery night they parked in an RV spot, the winter storm grew worse, and you can hear the tree limbs falling and hitting and damaging the other RVs. In bed his wife and himself began to pray, "Lord you know this is the only home we have right now, Id appreciate you protecting this RV from the storm." As they woke up the next morning, EVERY RV was damaged, except theirs!

God knows how to protect us.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

My Mom works for a major Hospital in Chicago. She received a notice in September that as of October 12, 2021 she will be terminated immediately if she cannot prove proper vaccination of COVID-19. As one could imagine she was upset, in disbelief, fearful etc.. others and myself began telling her that God will make a way. If they truly exterminated her work at the hospital then God will give her something else. I told her not to make a scene, do not protest against what the government is doing. We're going to allow God to work in this situation. A couple weeks went by, and she bumps into an older man and he began to make conversation with my Mom. Turns out he is the VP over all the hospitals that this particular companies own. He told my Mom he was impressed with her work, and he has heard good things about her. She began to tell him, she was displeased that she was going to be terminated for not receiving the vaccination. That VP, told her let me see what I can do. Long story short, my Mom still has her job, she has not received the vaccination, and God allowed her to run into the VP, whom she has never seen before.

We trust in Gods ability, not our own!
Old 10-17-2021, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

A group of Chinese Nationals came to America several years ago on a visa that allowed them to tour different churches. They visited and by all accounts had a wonderful time. As they were leaving the group of ministers they have been traveling with were anxious to know how they liked America, and wanted to know what one thing that stood out to them? What they said, has stirred my heart ever since hearing this story. They told the group of Ministers, they were impressed how "American churches get by on so little of God."

Which was the intro to this miracle.

A missionary and his family were going through a tough time, they had no food, and money has been far spent. For the past several days, the missionary, his wife, and his children have not eaten anything! Yet, they still trusted in God, they were still having services. One day in Prayer the man was instructed by God to set the table, he admitted to being kinda in question of the instruction, yet without delay he set the table. He called his family to the table, and they began to pray, as they opened there eyes, the table had rice, beans, and a few other options ( I don't remember) they were so joyous, they ate to their bellies were full. As they were washing the dishes and began putting the dishes away they noticed, that God had not only supplied the food at the table, yet he stocked their shelves as well! Praise God, I get excited by just writing this!

Be of Good Courage, be not afraid! The times that are coming will be challenging, they will prove your faith and love you have in Christ. Yet, God knows how to take care of what is his.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 10-17-2021 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

A pastor in Idaho was awakened to a noise in the middle of the night. As he was getting out of bed he heard the front door open and footsteps walking in the kitchen area. He quickly ran over to the kitchen area and came face to face with the thief, without hesitation he shouted "I rebuke you in Jesus name!" The thief froze in his spot, and did NOT move until the police arrived 15 minutes later.

There is Power in the name of Jesus.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

A brother in a church I believe he was in Arkansas or another state nearby. He was praying and pleading with God to save his wife, and his children. He told the Lord, whatever it takes save my family. He later told his pastor what he was praying, one week later, that brother died. At the funeral the wife and children were touched by the sermon the pastor began preaching. He told them what the husband told him just a couple days ago. The next service the brothers wife, and children were in church and all were filled with the Holy Ghost.

This brothers death was used to save his entire family.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

A pastor I was very close with was married and was diagnosed with a certain condition that didn't allow him to have children. The couple tried for a couple years, yet to no avail. A friend of the family heard what happened and has seen the discouragement in their appearance, to the knowledge of no one except her husband, the friend made a vow to God. She vowed that she will not eat breakfast until the couple have a child! She kept that vow for over three and half years until the miracle happened. The couple came to her and told her they were finally expecting a child. The friend kept the vow until the child was born. their first child was a girl and went on to have seven children.

Maybe someone is going through a hard time until you get a burden. Jesus knows.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:20 AM
Banned

Praise God!
Old 10-25-2021, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

I love this thread!!!

There are several testimonies I will try and post later...
Old 10-31-2021, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

An evangelist on his way to Europe was delayed at the JFK airport in New York. While he was sitting there, he noticed a rather disturb women that was quit frankly becoming a "scene" at the airport. After her "scene" with one of the workers at the terminal, she sat close by the evangelist, even though she was sitting she was still upset by the fact her flight was delayed. The evangelist felt to ask the women "why are you so upset?" My goodness she went on to tell him how this delay has caused great frustration, she needed to get to a family member for such and such a reason. Yet, the evangelist knew she didn't understand the question, he asked her again, "why are you so upset?" He went on to explain to her that she wasn't upset because of the delay, she is upset and angry because there is a problem in her spirit. That lady that was making a scene, went on to start crying and weeping, she told the evangelist she is a backslid pentecostal and her father was a pastor in Jamaica. She confessed what she left the church for, what she has been doing, and I'll remind you this is in the middle of the terminal at the JFk airport. Long story short, the evangelist began praying for the women, and right there at the airport, she began speaking in tongues.

It doesn't matter where we are, we can minister. The Lord can use us to minister in Wal Mart, on the street corner, or even at an airport terminal. Let us become sensitive to the Spirit.