Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-18-2017, 05:24 AM
Registered Member

Re: Baptizing in Jesus Name on the City Hall Lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I've been apostolic Oneness since 1991. I never heard of "three step" until FCF and nFCF.

What about these?

What about Spirit baptism?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 06-18-2017, 06:33 AM
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
What about Spirit baptism?
The point is that most people believe there is more than "one step" needed for salvation, the concept of "step/steps" is irrelevant.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:36 AM

A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Level: Advanced
• Jewish tradition teaches that there are 613 commandments
• This is the list of 613 identified by Rambam
• The order and organization is my own
Below is a list of the 613 mitzvot (commandments). It is based primarily on the list compiled by Rambam in the Mishneh Torah, but I have consulted other sources as well. As I said in the page on halakhah, Rambam's list is probably the most widely accepted list, but it is not the only one. The order is my own, as are the explanations of how some rules are derived from some biblical passages.
For each mitzvah, I have provided a citation to the biblical passage or passages from which it is derived, based primarily on Rambam. For commandments that can be observed today, I have also provided citations to the Chafetz Chayim's Concise Book of Mitzvot (CCA refers to affirmative commandments; CCN refers to negative commandments; CCI refers to commandments that only apply in Israel). Commandments that cannot be observed today primarily relate to the Temple, its sacrifices and services (because the Temple does not exist) and criminal procedures (because the theocratic state of Israel does not exist).

G-d
  1. To know that G-d exists (Ex. 20:2; Deut. 5:6) (CCA1). See What Do Jews Believe?.
  2. Not to entertain the idea that there is any god but the Eternal (Ex. 20:3) (CCN8). See What Do Jews Believe?.
  3. Not to blaspheme (Ex. 22:27; in Christian texts, Ex. 22:28), the penalty for which is death (Lev. 24:16) (negative).
  4. To hallow G-d's name (Lev. 22:32) (CCA5). See The Name of G-d.
  5. Not to profane G-d's name (Lev . 22:32) (CCN155). See The Name of G-d.
  6. To know that G-d is One, a complete Unity (Deut. 6:4) (CCA2). See What Do Jews Believe?.
  7. To love G-d (Deut. 6:5) (CCA3). See What Do Jews Believe?.
  8. To fear Him reverently (Deut. 6:13; 10:20) (CCA4).
  9. Not to put the word of G-d to the test (Deut. 6:16) (negative).
  10. To imitate His good and upright ways (Deut. 28:9) (CCA6).
http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

Last edited by Amanah; 06-18-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
The point is that most people believe there is more than "one step" needed for salvation, the concept of "step/steps" is irrelevant.
Excellent!
Old 06-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

The (I guess they're to be called) one steppers, are looking to Ray Kroc Churchanity. A more user friendly operation. Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us attitude. You have different beliefs? No problem, just find a seat and the video will play in a few minutes. Let's all just sit and relax while the tattooed hippy girl walks gently through the grass to find a Bible.
Everyone will be jokingly told that the Hippy girl uses a different translation than the pastor. All learned professional behavior right down to the barefoot preacher who looks like he just fell out of bed. Starbucks in the lobby, full tennis court in back yard, and complete Christian book store. Marketing Jesus to another level. The steps are longer than Pilgrim's progress to the Celestial City. Yet, they don't mention that. They are focused on showing people that they just need one small step. Sadly most times right off the edge into a deep wide pit. I'm not saying this eventually will happened, but didn't Carlton Pearson attempt a move into the Industrial Church Complex? I don't mean the Bohemian Tripple Venti White Mocha Latte Churchanity. But the Charismatic conveyor belt glamor Churchanity.
Right down to the part to where everyone is saved, because they will be reconstituted through some sort of Baptist purgertory? Standards drop, and eventually doctrines change in a way to accommodate more customers?
Old 06-18-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The (I guess they're to be called) one steppers, are looking to Ray Kroc Churchanity. A more user friendly operation. Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us attitude. You have different beliefs? No problem, just find a seat and the video will play in a few minutes. Let's all just sit and relax while the tattooed hippy girl walks gently through the grass to find a Bible.
Everyone will be jokingly told that the Hippy girl uses a different translation than the pastor. All learned professional behavior right down to the barefoot preacher who looks like he just fell out of bed. Starbucks in the lobby, full tennis court in back yard, and complete Christian book store. Marketing Jesus to another level. The steps are longer than Pilgrim's progress to the Celestial City. Yet, they don't mention that. They are focused on showing people that they just need one small step. Sadly most times right off the edge into a deep wide pit. I'm not saying this eventually will happened, but didn't Carlton Pearson attempt a move into the Industrial Church Complex? I don't mean the Bohemian Tripple Venti White Mocha Latte Churchanity. But the Charismatic conveyor belt glamor Churchanity.
Right down to the part to where everyone is saved, because they will be reconstituted through some sort of Baptist purgertory? Standards drop, and eventually doctrines change in a way to accommodate more customers?
Bro Benincasa if you have a free minute maybe you can comment on this thread

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=51139
Old 06-18-2017, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Bro Benincasa if you have a free minute maybe you can comment on this thread

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=51139
I did as you requested Lady of Shalott.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

WEll at least cc1 is right on one thing !! ring the church bells !!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
What false doctrine did Christ Church fall into?
As long as your in a committed relationship, female or male its all good ?
Old 06-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
As long as your in a committed relationship, female or male its all good ?
Say what?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/