Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM
On the road less traveled

Please pray for my 4-month-old niece

I believe in the healing handiwork of our Great God and Saviour, and so I am asking that prayer be made in the behalf of my 4-month-old niece. She was born a beautiful healthy little "Gerber" baby.

About a month ago, she began to have issues with eating, and also focusing with her eyes. It was discovered that she has bilateral cataracts, which is a very, very rare condition in such a young baby. Most babies that develop cataracts only get one cataract. In the past two weeks, she has had surgery on both her eyes. She will need to wear glasses until she is 4-5 years old (which is a stressful thing in and of itself - trying to keep glasses on a 4-mo baby!)

However, this morning, she stopped eating, and refused to open her eyes. She was hospitalized just a short while ago, and was dehydrated so bad, they struggled to get an IV in her. Emergency surgery will need to be done on her eye, and there are very serious implications, according to the pediatric ophthalmologist.

This is the only child my sister may be able to have, she is in her late 30s, and it was a miracle that this baby was even brought into this world. She is the life and joy of her parents, and this has brought a crushing blow into their world too.

Please hold this little family up in prayer and ask for the Lord's healing mercies in this situation. Please pray that her eating/digestive problems, and the cataracts in her eye are touched by the healing hand of the Lord, and for strength for my sister and her husband as they walk through this difficult time.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: Please pray for my 4-month-old niece

Praying.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Praying for this precious family.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Healing is the children's bread! Praying in Jesus Name!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM

Thanks for your prayers. It is really hard being here 2000 miles away from my sister with this happening. I have family members en route to the hospital, and am waiting on their updates.

Has anyone ever heard of a baby stop eating, and actually scream when a bottle is brought to them? She has had this problem on and off for about a month now, along with her eye issues, and not being able to see.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

I have worked in the medical field for 23 years and have never heard of this before.

I am wondering what the pediatrician is saying in addition to the pediatric eye doctor. Surely the eye doctor has talked with the pediatrician about the eating disorder?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Praying, KBTW.....

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Covenant Apostolic

praying for you niece and sister
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
I have worked in the medical field for 23 years and have never heard of this before.

I am wondering what the pediatrician is saying in addition to the pediatric eye doctor. Surely the eye doctor has talked with the pediatrician about the eating disorder?
I have been in the medical field as well for a long time, and I have never heard of a parent bringing their child in with this complaint.

She has had genetic tests and and upper and lower GI run with swallowing, and all that measured, as well as a stomach x-ray, which have all been negative so far.

It is very puzzling to all of us, and that is why we are asking for prayer, because there seem to be no answers. The doctors do not know why she keeps refusing food. She is 4 months old, and weighs 11 lbs. She weighed 7, almost 8 lbs when she was born. In the last week, she has lost 8 ounces. It is all so very concerning.

We've scoured the Internet too, with not much turned up.

Our only consolation is that Jesus knows. He created this beautiful little girl, and He knows best... we are just asking and praying for His wisdom to be imparted to the doctors and those caring for our sweet little angel.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:08 PM
of 9!! :)

So very sorry to hear this about your
precious little niece. I have never heard
of anything like that. Praying for this baby
and her parents!