Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:24 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Praying for Texas

Praying for Texas.

So happy to see PO and Esaias posting.

Keeping Texas in prayer.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:13 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Praying for Texas

Thank you, Amanha! One more cold night and we are done.

We cooked outside when the electricity was down. Just getting water in the house today. Have had all containers filled to flush the toilets throughout this unprecedented storm. Not sure if bathroom pipes have been damaged. Water is trickling today. Everything is still frozen, but beginning to thaw.

I was asleep in the living room one night when the lights came on, I made a beeline to the kitchen to make some coffee. I can tell you that the only thing Texas knows about ice and salt is a Margarita. True that!
Old 02-18-2021, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Would all those who were shut in without power and freezing were able to fly to Cancun like Ted Cruz.

Last edited by n david; 02-18-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:04 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Would all those who were shut in without power and freezing were able to fly to Cancun like Ted Cruz.
He flew his girls there and flew home. Closet Democrat.

Did you want him to fly the helicopters to spray the wind turbines! Guess what? That isn’t his job to fix the infrastructure.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He flew his girls there and flew home. Closet Democrat.
Nah. I’d call out a Dem on it so I’m not going to be a hypocrite when a Republican does it.

Quote:
Did you want him to fly the helicopters to spray the wind turbines! Guess what? That isn’t his job to fix the infrastructure.
Doesn’t matter his job. It’s the optics of him jet setting off to Cancun while his constituents are literally dying. It’s why Presidents are careful what they do when there’s a national disaster or terror attack.

We all know Ted Cruz can do nothing wrong in your eyes.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:28 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Nah. I’d call out a Dem on it so I’m not going to be a hypocrite when a Republican does it.

Doesn’t matter his job. It’s the optics of him jet setting off to Cancun while his constituents are literally dying. It’s why Presidents are careful what they do when there’s a national disaster or terror attack.

We all know Ted Cruz can do nothing wrong in your eyes.
“Optics”. Love how you copied that term from the media - ad nauseam.

We need to grow up in this country. If he had a preplanned trip, he can take it. People are stupid if they think his staying here would have made the snow and ice go away.

There was a mayor who resigned and his wife got fired after he, as a citizen, asked people to grow up and take care of themselves.

We didn’t need or want anyone to help up try to find a way to have warm food or drink when we were frozen in. We didn’t need anyone to tell us how to get water to flush our toilets. We had to turn off our devices to save batteries so we could keep in touch with our children.

And I don’t need Ted to do anything save to stay in touch with the situation wherever he is. He doesn’t have to be in Houston to stay up to date while waiting.
Ranting on him because the media decided to make it an issue is also stupid and embarrassing. He worked hard to make the money he has. If others can’t afford it, too bad. Stop being jealous. Grow up.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:33 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Praying for Texas.

So happy to see PO and Esaias posting.

Keeping Texas in prayer.
Amen! Been praying for them and all others who are dealing with the frozen tundras!! Even Mississippi was blanketed with ice and snow. Thankfully it did not reach into the southern most areas! But, it did get COLD!!

Quote:

We cooked outside when the electricity was down. Just getting water in the house today. Have had all containers filled to flush the toilets throughout this unprecedented storm. Not sure if bathroom pipes have been damaged. Water is trickling today. Everything is still frozen, but beginning to thaw.

I was asleep in the living room one night when the lights came on, I made a beeline to the kitchen to make some coffee. I can tell you that the only thing Texas knows about ice and salt is a Margarita. True that!
Praying there's no busted pipes!! I'd have been makin a beeline too!
Old 02-18-2021, 04:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

We cooked outside when the electricity was down.
Whole chicken, quartered potatoes, quartered onions, chopped garlic, green beans, carrots in a cast iron dutch oven cooked over a campfire in the front yard. Country folk can survive.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cookingindixie_(1).jpg (84.8 KB, 30 views)

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Whole chicken, quartered potatoes, quartered onions, chopped garlic, green beans, carrots in a cast iron dutch oven cooked over a campfire in the front yard. Country folk can survive.

There is something fulfilling in survival.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
We didn't miss him at all.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf