Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Re: AZ to Require BHO Show Birth Cert for 2012

You forgot to list the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000 and the failed Millennium bomber who was apprehended at the Canadian border trying to cross in Washington state headed to LAX airport. And then there's the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber who also failed. Then there's the many other failed attempts or foiled attempts we dont know about, and the demographic remains the same. Not racism, its percentages. If I told you that 80% of the people who ate my cooking died you would be smart not to eat my cooking. That isnt saying you dont like me or my cooking. Its called embracing the obvious.

Racism is alive and well, for sure. Not every male Muslim should be treated with disrespect simply because of these facts. But as far as airport security is concerned, it would be foolish to overlook certain individuals for fear they might get offended. They should rise up in massive numbers and decry the radicalism and the hatred fostered by a disproportionate percentage of their population and religion.

Political correctness is gonna sink us if we don't wise up!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
You forgot to list the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000 and the failed Millennium bomber who was apprehended at the Canadian border trying to cross in Washington state headed to LAX airport. And then there's the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber who also failed. Then there's the many other failed attempts or foiled attempts we dont know about, and the demographic remains the same. Not racism, its percentages. If I told you that 80% of the people who ate my cooking died you would be smart not to eat my cooking. That isnt saying you dont like me or my cooking. Its called embracing the obvious.

Racism is alive and well, for sure. Not every male Muslim should be treated with disrespect simply because of these facts. But as far as airport security is concerned, it would be foolish to overlook certain individuals for fear they might get offended. They should rise up in massive numbers and decry the radicalism and the hatred fostered by a disproportionate percentage of their population and religion.

Political correctness is gonna sink us if we don't wise up!
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes AZ's new immigration laws. Arizona's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law: "What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected. Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary eats and drink? And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and shelter?" -Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer
Great analogy.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

another political voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWpOcZVnBrc&NR=1