Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Some thoughts by Steve Sjogren.
He is the founding pastor of the Vineyard where I went from 1992 - 2006 and was my senior pastor for several of those years.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Not riding the train

Paul Ryan's remarks were correctly stated! Giving credit to all involved!

May 2, 2011

WASHINGTON – In response to the news that Osama Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan by U.S. forces, Wisconsin’s First District Congressman Paul Ryan offered the following statement:

"The President's announcement that Osama Bin Laden has been found and killed is simply fantastic news. After ten years of dedicated effort across two administrations, we have struck a major blow against al-Qaeda and achieved a momentous turning point in our nation's ongoing War on Terrorism. While we must remain vigilant in defense of freedom and democracy in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and on other fronts, we can rest assured that the murderer who orchestrated the deaths of thousands of our countrymen has finally met justice at the hands of the brave men and women of our military and intelligence community."
Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascapes View Post
Just tune in to MSNBC, it has already been proven, must not take but a few hours, especially in an event like this.
HOW LONG DOES DNA TESTING TAKE....

Here's what I find in my research.....

Obviously, this time-line is a rough estimate of how long it would take to analyze a relatively straightforward case based on my experience in the laboratory. The total time adds up to approximately 54 hours and 15 minutes. Along with the other tasks mentioned earlier—cleaning, documentation, and quality control—it is probably closer to 60 hours. As can be seen, the forensic DNA analyst has many responsibilities, from quality control to actual technical work in the laboratory to technical reviews. There are other responsibilities such as testifying in court, training other laboratory personnel, etc. The analyst usually has to juggle multiple cases as well. There is no short-cut to speed up DNA testing. With lives and liberty at stake, the forensic DNA analyst has an obligation to produce the highest quality of work and with this commitment comes the cost of time.

info by Public Agency Training Council
by: Heather R. Fisher Sargent, MFS
Forensic Scientist

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Forever Loved Admin

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascapes View Post
Nothing fishy going on, but only in the minds of republicans that just hate to admit that we have a wonderful President. Osama bin Laden was shot in the left eye, his body was brought out and put in the helicopter. The body was given back to be buried within the 24 hours of death. If you would only listen to MSNBC instead of FOX, then you could get all the information and on time.

Seascape I'm afraid I might have that "tingling in my leg" like some of your ignorant news media do! We don't need to listen to the news at all. We just listen to Obama's cool-aid drinkers and they can tell us all we need to know!! YEA! You bet! I'll listen to who I want to listen to...thank you! If you express your self around your church as you do on AFF your poor husband must be kept busy "putting out your fires!"

Nuff said.

Been Thinkin

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
No one has a problem with Obama getting some credit as it happened under his watch. What we do have a problem with is the not acknowledging that Bush's leadership laid the groundwork to get it done. Everyone - Bush, Obama and military should get equal credit for this job.

The courier they "followed" was identified in 2007 and in 2009 they located where the man operated. The security steps that were taken, didn't allow them to pinpoint the location until August.

I can only surmise that they followed him for some time to gather up more intelligence. It was an ongoing search and Bush should not be excluded in the credit.
PO, it's good to see you still going strong.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 05-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
PO, it's good to see you still going strong.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

How long does it take to complete a forensic case?
The standard turnaround time is 4 weeks. Expedited processing is available - please contact us for more information.

www.forensicdnacenter.com/forensic-faqs2.html

Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
As difficult as it would be , I think the one thing you might have to give the President credit for is his consistent stance that we should stop focusing on Iraq. That is the one element of his approach that I whole heartedly agree with. Iraq was a distraction from the real war on terror. Pulling some out of Iraq and focusing on Afghanistan and Pakistan has paid off IMO...that's IF Osama is dead L0L

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

One of my close friends is skeptical about the news. He thinks it might be a made up scam because Obama was running behind in his reelection campaign, and this "event" will help boost him for reelection. The timing of this event was suspicious to my friend.