Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
black teen, murder, sanford fl, trayvon martin, zimmerman

Old 03-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Re: Anger + Sadness = RAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I think this is the only witness claiming to have seen the actual attack before the shooting. It sounds like the police considered him a credible witness whose story collaborated the physical evidence they saw on Zimmerman.
I haven't seen anwyhere where the witness claimed to see the attack, just the tussle between the two men. I don't think there are any witnesses who can conclusively say who started the fight.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
I haven't seen anwyhere where the witness claimed to see the attack, just the tussle between the two men. I don't think there are any witnesses who can conclusively say who started the fight.
Also, in following up on this item at the Charlelston Examiner, it's becoming increasingly difficult to know what the facts actually are.

The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him. The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help. Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness. Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son. Zimmerman was on the ground being punched when he shot Trayvon Martin.

The media also characterizes Trayvon as a "model student." In fact, he under a five day suspension when the shooting took place. That is why he was staying at a house so far from his school on a school night. A laywer for Trayvon's family has blocked access to his school records. However, you have to do something pretty bad to get suspended for five days.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carniv...o-altered.html
Old 03-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Not riding the train

Almost all of the news items about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin contains a combination of false statements, opinions presented as facts, transparent distortions, and a complete absence of some of the most relevant details. Almost all news items are written soley from the point of view of the grieving family. The media also fills their articles with outdated baby-faced pictures of Trayvon. Very few include that he was a towering 6'2” football player. Is the media really reporting the news, or is this classic agitation/propaganda to advance a political agenda.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...trayvon-martin
Old 03-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Not riding the train

Obama seems to jump into the racist fray before he has his facts, i.e. Professor Gates. It's probably the Critical Race Theory, i.e. White Supremacy, he taught and follows. He needs a beer summit with someone like Thomas Sowell. It would be a teachable moment. Mr. Sowell could school him on a thing or two concerning racism.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Mr. Stewart

What it boils down to for me is he was given a lawful order to not bother the kid. If I'm not mistaken disobeying a lawful order is a crime in and of itself. If disobeying a lawful order leads to the death of somebody else, you are responsible...period. He was told very clearly and more than once to not bother the kid (and yes at 17, he was a kid).

Perhaps I'm still a little chaffed at being tailed down I 10 , but I'm just confused at what would give someone the audacity to think they have the right to confront anyone who is walking and minding their own business...

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 03-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Mr. Stewart

I guess I'm just confused at how you can claim self-defense in a confrontation that you initiated. I believe that knowing he was armed gave him the confidence to confront in the first place. My problem with the police is that once they began questioning him and found out that he had called 911 prior to the incident, one listen of the recording should have led to his arrest. IMHO

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
Old 03-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

You must believe Zimmy initiated and confronted... The evidence released so far does not show that. Zimmy indicates he was attacked on the way back to his vehicle. His calls for help while being pummeled have been confirmed by a witness and Martin's father. I don't possibly see how he can be charged with murder, though a lessor charge might stick. Certainly I would expect a civil suit in the making.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 03-24-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
You must believe Zimmy initiated and confronted... The evidence released so far does not show that. Zimmy indicates he was attacked on the way back to his vehicle.
I'm saying that in the 911 call that I heard, he was told very clearly to not follow or approach and to meet the police. It sounded like he was in his vehicle when that order was given (unless I misunderstood). IMO disobeying that order precipitated whatever happened. I will not make assumptions about what did or didn't happen in the actual confrontation. None of us know either way for a certainty.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

But Stew, arent you assuming when you say you know he continued to pursue? He may have, but I have not heard that. If he did he is at fault for not following dispatch request. That could result in a charge, though I am not sure dispatch is considered a law enforcement officer.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 03-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
What it boils down to for me is he was given a lawful order to not bother the kid. If I'm not mistaken disobeying a lawful order is a crime in and of itself. If disobeying a lawful order leads to the death of somebody else, you are responsible...period. He was told very clearly and more than once to not bother the kid (and yes at 17, he was a kid).

Perhaps I'm still a little chaffed at being tailed down I 10 , but I'm just confused at what would give someone the audacity to think they have the right to confront anyone who is walking and minding their own business...
If I was neighborhood watch there would be no reason to get close enough for contact unless a person was being attacked. Even if burglery in progress still not worth confronting, just stay on phone with police from safe distance. Now the millionaire dollar question is what law was broken for following kid and confronting him for what he was up to? I have doubts 911 operators order are lawful orders. Can they tell you to not be in a place that you cab be at lawfully? They were in public place, dumb to get that close but what law did he break?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.