Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Banned

Re: Rockets hitting Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Was he there? I find his statement at odds with what Israel has shown publicly. Also, Hamas uses the populace as fodder and human shields, so when Israel does target rocket launches from an apartment block or school, the civilian casualty is high.

War is tragic, especially when the enemies are cowards hiding behind women and children.
i would say that Chomsky is prolly pretty well informed, lol--as opposed to us, who are really unqualified to judge any 'statements' we might be fed. How do you know? Really, you don't have the foggiest what Israel has shown publicly, wadr. Neither do I.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Do some realize that the Jews hate Christians almost as much as a muslim hates a Christian.

Jews will attack and have attacked Christians in Palistine frequently.

The love affair that Christians have with Jews is beyond my comprehension.
ya, i had that--quickly getting over it. they are, on the whole, a bit more heinous than Christians, imo. I have been homeless in all three nations; give me Muslims anytime. But, all your yakking about Hamas aside, Chomsky's quote still has not been addressed, i notice--because an attempt to do so would be comedy. General Smedley Butler said it best--we're there strictly for dollars and cents.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
They are backed by Iran, and they can lob 150 rockets per day, the fact that the Gazans on the street are defenseless is their unfortunate fate caused by their evil leaders. Israel would make peace with them today, if they could have any sense of security from the radicals on all sides of them.
ya, what about your evil leaders?
Old 07-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
i would say that Chomsky is prolly pretty well informed, lol--as opposed to us, who are really unqualified to judge any 'statements' we might be fed. How do you know? Really, you don't have the foggiest what Israel has shown publicly, wadr. Neither do I.
Prolly?

Has Chomsky been there? Has he lived in Israel at all in the past couple decades? His statement is ridiculous. What, is Hamas firing, Nerf rockets? Is the media making up all the rockets coming from Gaza? Why did the UN (which 99% of the time goes against Israel), condemn the Palestinians and Hamas for storing rockets in a school?

My reference to what Israel has done publicly is their broadcast to the Palestinian people to leave the areas from where Hamas is firing rockets. They've done other similar things which have been well publicized and documented.

When was the last Chomsky lived over there....or even visited there? Is he like the other liberal types who claim abundant knowledge while not actually having experienced or seen it for themselves? Sorry, I don't just take his word for it either.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
They are backed by Iran, and they can lob 150 rockets per day, the fact that the Gazans on the street are defenseless is their unfortunate fate caused by their evil leaders. Israel would make peace with them today, if they could have any sense of security from the radicals on all sides of them.
A classic case of blaming the victims and defending the victimizers.
The opposite of What Jesus Would Do.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:09 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenj View Post
A classic case of blaming the victims and defending the victimizers.
The opposite of What Jesus Would Do.
Logically, “Here’s the difference between us, we’re using missile defense to protect our civilians and they’re using their civilians to protect their missiles.” -Benjamin Netanyahu

Quote:
Apologists for Hamas attribute the bloodlust to the Israeli occupation and blockade. Occupation? There is not a soldier, not a settler, not a single Israeli in Gaza. Does no one remember anything? It was less than 10 years ago that worldwide television showed the Israeli army pulling diehard settlers off synagogue roofs in Gaza as Israel uprooted it settlements, expelled its citizens, withdrew its military and turned every inch of Gaza over to the Palestinians.

There was no blockade. Israel wanted this new Palestinian state to succeed. To help the Gaza economy, Israel gave the Palestinians its 3,000 greenhouses that had produced fruit and flowers for export. It opened border crossings and encouraged commerce.

The whole idea was to establish the model for two states living peacefully and productively side by side. No one seems to remember that simultaneous with the Gaza withdrawal, Israel dismantled four smaller settlements in the northern West Bank as a clear signal of Israel’s desire to leave the West Bank too and thus achieve an amicable two-state solution.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-conflict.html
So, whose side are you on, Kenj? You can't possibly call Hamas the victims, can you?
Old 07-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
yes, i went to verify what Fox News kept spewing. Although i hung out with Jews, mostly, i had dinner in the west bank, and befriended Muslims also.
BTW I watch CNN....I don't watch Fox News. They pretty much cover the same facts even though they have a liberal bent.

Did you befriend any Christians there? Are any left?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

I don't mean to imply that i have any answers--but i do see that hating Muslims, and raging like a heathen at them, is not an answer. Your boys enlist to guard poppy fields now.
Who was hating Muslims? Who was raging at them?

Did you even read what I wrote? You didn't really address one thing I said..

"Blaming just Israel will always always always tear the rift further apart. And the sad thing is, the Palestinian people are always in the middle

They were the ones that were whipped into a frenzy back during the "intifada" and started throwing rocks and stuff. The leaders KNEW that. Hamas does not care about the people. The leaders years ago do not

Arafat did not. It was ideological. It was about Politics. They use religion for a politicalk ideological weapon and it's the average citizens that pay for it

Hamas puts rocket launchers at schools and other public places. They want people to die."

Does that sound like I hate Muslims? If it sounds hateful to you, at least be honest and note that hate is directed towards the Ideologues that use these citizens for their own gain and not these people in the middle

See you just actually proved my point about being subjective.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
well, like i said, see that perhaps they--or their interests--have largely been hijacked. As ours may have been.

"Israel uses sophisticated attack jets and naval vessels to bomb densely-crowded refugee camps, schools, apartment blocks, mosques, and slums to attack a population that has no air force, no air defense, no navy, no heavy weapons, no artillery units, no mechanized armor, no command in control, no army… and calls it a war. It is not a war, it is murder."
~ Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky is a brilliant idiot. Yes he might have studied history but he has an agenda.

Here is the part he did not say...Israel bombs ROCKET launchers. Hamas puts them in those locations

You only blame the Israelis. You never come off angry at Hamas for intentionally putting Rocket launchers in populated areas

You never sound angry that they tell the Palestinians to STAY PUT after Israel says to leave..

You never do the indignant fist shaking at Hamaz for sending hundreds of Rockets into Israel KNOWING Israel will respond

WHY IS THAT?

See the problem? I see two parties...you seem to only see the Jews

If we hate Muslims, as per your assertion, do you hate Jews?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Logically, “Here’s the difference between us, we’re using missile defense to protect our civilians and they’re using their civilians to protect their missiles.” -Benjamin Netanyahu

So, whose side are you on, Kenj? You can't possibly call Hamas the victims, can you?
As I've already pointed out Israel killed 200 Palestinians before the Palestinians managed to kill even one Israeli.
It is clear to anyone who is not morally blind just who is the victim and who the victimizer.

And, while we're at it, are there any Christians here?
If so, listen to what Jesus says:

"If you were the children of Abraham, you would do like Abraham did."

So how did Abraham do? Did he kill anyone and steal their land and property? Did he fight any wars to obtain the land he was promised?
Of course not. He was a homeless wanderer his entire life and the only spot of ground he ever owned was the land he purchased to bury Sarah on. And rather than taking if by force, he insisted on paying for that land even though the owners wanted to gladly give it to him.

The Israelis are most certainly not children of Abraham. by Jesus' own definition, if that matters to anyone.

Last edited by kenj; 07-20-2014 at 07:06 PM.