Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM
" Ole Tyme Holiness Or Hell Preacherman "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
More of the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that man is related to Hershel Godair he would roll over in his grave.

He IS
{ Hershel's Grandson }

Both Johnny and Kenney Godair are his Uncles -

bill godAIR uses your buddy ( P-U }
quite often, or when he's not in Gainesville Ga -

Bishop1

{ AND THAT, MY FRIEND, IS WHAT WE CALL ONENESS}Greasy Grace
Old 08-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Okay ... this is what the grapevine has spawned about Billy Godair.

BG is the nephew of Johnny and Kenny Godair. He is viewed by some as the "black sheep" of the family and the North Carolina District's neighborhood "charismatic".

He is not shy ...

I cannot confirm or deny the rumor that when confronted by the district board a couple of years back ... he showed up w/ his lawyer. He might of said to the board ... something along the lines of "If you try to take my license ... I'll moon y'all on the way out." Could be urban legend?

He has a happening church. So happening ....Kenny's daughter was congregating there for awhile. He has had preachers like Tommy Tenney grace his pulpit.

This dude is way cool ... but resolution 3 could mark the end of his UPCI tenure, IMHO.
Bumpity ...bump
Old 08-07-2007, 01:07 AM

Resolution 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
A question- does anyone have the text (or at least the gist) of Resolution 3?

On the matter of Godair's church being "in direct defiance of the manual" I'd have to observe that most of our churches are, in one way or the other.

I don't know if I like the "interpretive dance" stuff all that much, but years ago I wondered why it was "okay" to immodestly throw yourself around like a voodoo dancer, but people could not praise God with a sense of class and consideration.

I got a fat lip at campmeeting when I was a teen because I was standing in one place with my hands lifted in praise and the gentleman in front of me lost all sense of himself and walloped me good. I was a new convert, but persevered. No one offered an apology or even tissue. I was left feeling like I was the one who was "wrong" to have been smacked in the face by a stranger in this strange setting.

If that event was "fine" in the UC lexicon, what's wrong with these girls who aren't hurting anybody? Literally, they're not hurting anybody.
The red portion is what is new ...

Whereas there has not been a clear definition of the terms "under question" and "conduct unbecoming a minister," and

Whereas there seems to be a difference in these terms,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that article VII, Section 7, Paragraph 21 is changed to read as follows:

21. No minister who withdraws or is dropped from our fellowship, whose conduct is under question, shall be allowed to preach for any of our ministers, nor pastor any of our churches. Neither shall any minister of the United Pentecostal Church International fellowship be allowed to preach or participate in any form in any services (except funerals and weddings) sponsored or conducted by any minister who has withdrawn or been dropped, whose conduct is under question. This does not apply to anyone being used in any capacity in his or her local assembly, with the exception of the position of associate pastor or assistant pastor.

(a) The term "under question" shall be taken to mean a formal decision by a District Board reflecting a concern that conduct in flagrant violation of the Manual of the United Pentecostal Church International has occurred.

(b) The term "conduct unbecoming a minister" shall be taken to mean any conduct of a moral, financial, or ethical nature that would cause a reproach upon the ministry.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1 View Post
He IS
{ Hershel's Grandson }

Both Johnny and Kenney Godair are his Uncles -

bill godAIR uses your buddy ( P-U }
quite often, or when he's not in Gainesville Ga -

Bishop1
Hershel Godair's sister (I think) was married to my wife's grandfather's brother Pete Blackwood from California. I think they both are dead?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

I have always questioned why it is celebrated in UPC churches when there is a "shockamoo" type service where people are running, jumping, screaming, etc. and it is considered an great manifestation of the Spirit moving among them. Yet, when a congregation has an ordered, creative dance routine that can actually be understood, it is of the devil. It seems that Paul's teaching on everything being done decently and in order favors the latter form of worship.