Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

You will probably do better to put it online if you are expecting to get a lot out of it... I sold mine at a consignment store in Dallas, the nicest store we had which delt in wedding dresses all the time and what she does is go by the list price and then if it is more than a yr old and has been worn... it is half of that price to list and I got 40% she said you will not find one anywhere in the country that will give you more than that... and after all the ones I called I think she was right LOL...

Mine was 1400 and I ended up with 500 out of it and again that was in an area with a very large market... They also say if it is not a size 10-14 then it will probably be marked down about another 100 or so as they also price them by most common sizes.... soooooooooo thats just my take on what happened
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 AM
My two little angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
You will probably do better to put it online if you are expecting to get a lot out of it... I sold mine at a consignment store in Dallas, the nicest store we had which delt in wedding dresses all the time and what she does is go by the list price and then if it is more than a yr old and has been worn... it is half of that price to list and I got 40% she said you will not find one anywhere in the country that will give you more than that... and after all the ones I called I think she was right LOL...

Mine was 1400 and I ended up with 500 out of it and again that was in an area with a very large market... They also say if it is not a size 10-14 then it will probably be marked down about another 100 or so as they also price them by most common sizes.... soooooooooo thats just my take on what happened
Thank you! That little bit of info helps!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Re: Wedding Dress.....

i couldn't find anyone to take mine for consignment. i eventually donated mine to the local theatre.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Re: Wedding Dress.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytallgirl View Post
i couldn't find anyone to take mine for consignment. i eventually donated mine to the local theatre.
Or you could donate it to help support Brides Against Breast Cancer.

http://makingmemories.org/trash_the_dress.html
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear