Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
apostolic, christian, jesus only, oneness, pentecostal

Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

Don't let the hard questions throw you

1Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

There are quite a few scriptures that are mysteries. We need to not be swayed by the handful that seem on the surface to support polytheism. Jesus had both flesh and Spirit. While His Spirit is omnipresent, His flesh was physical. He did become a man or He could never have given His life on the cross. When the Bible speaks of the Son it is speaking of God, the man, God manifest in the flesh.

1John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Had God not truly become physical flesh, He could not have died a physical death.

1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

There are verses that are hard to understand. Some will use those verses as excuses to reject the many clear verses that establish monotheism, like these:

Isa 45:5 ¶I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

The Bible itself admits that there are verses hard to understand.

2Pet 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pet 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pet 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Another example of the flesh and Spirit of Jesus is the account of when he was very tired and went to sleep on a boat (as a man he was tired in the flesh). When the disciples woke Him during the storm He, as Jehovah God, calmed the storm with a word from His mouth.

One God, One Divine Person, who took on a human body.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Belief on Jesus Name includes being baptised in Jesus Name.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

The God of Heaven came to Earth as a man.

1Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Here below we see a warning against trinitarianism or any other idolatry that would try to teach anything other than Jesus as God.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

I hope this helps...

Real Acts 2:38 Christians and Ministers on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=150271834049

Some Christian music videos

Burn Forever - Live At The Mormon Tabernacle??? by WinterBand
A song for trinitarians. Part of the "Stormin' the Gates of Hell" series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2n7NqL3sQw

Pray Those Devils Down - Live At Westminster Abbey??? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUwjxAAYCO0

Bound And Determined To Burn - Live At Billy's?? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PnH38v4To

No Trinity On Me - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLrQokwf_M

Hippie On Grandmas Wall - Live At the Vatican?? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTxOxcdKco

Bro Steve Winter
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Don't let the hard questions throw you

thank you for your post
Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Banned

LOL

I can't help but laugh. lol
Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Rock on!! lol
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

I've been to three circuses and four county fairs and I ain't never heard this kind of mess, even there.

Put on a little charity my brother, and you might even want to work on "a good report of them that are without!" Don't you think?

1Ti 3:7* Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Rock on!! lol

Well, at least he has a very nice Pearl drum set!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

Well, at least he has a very nice Pearl drum set!
I can't help but think about ZZ TOP when looking at those videos.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Sister Alvear

No wonder the world laughs at us...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Go Dodgers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHRHc5HmFHg

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
I've been to three circuses and four county fairs and I ain't never heard this kind of mess, even there.

Put on a little charity my brother, and you might even want to work on "a good report of them that are without!" Don't you think?

1Ti 3:7* Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Been Thinkin
You cannot get that through to some people. They use words that are close to cussing as possible. And then when you tell them to speak the truth in love and to not strive so the entrapped soul can recover themselves from the snare, they excuse themselves by showing where Jesus and John the Baptist scathed the pharisees. The problem is that not everyone who knows not truth is a pharisee. No one in the bible treated those who were not hypocrites and Pharisees in harsh manners at all.

The sad thing is the way of truth will be evil spoken of due to these sorts of harsh people. God have mercy!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."