Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
charismatic, hallelujah, holiness, holy ghost, revival

Old 06-21-2018, 04:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Prediction: The Charismatics Will Seek Holine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I believe there are those there who ARE born again. If one does Acts 2:38 is he not born again? If one goes by who OBEYS Jesus Christ then we will quickly find out that for MOST of the Apostolics I have known there is a double standard.

They have their own "light" doctrine. As long as one does Acts 2:38 they have Heaven made no matter what other false doctrines they teach. Other groups may be fashioned into the image of Jesus more than they, which if one has the Holy Spirit and walks by faith is entirely possible.

What AM I DOING about Apostolic Churches? For years I have been following the Carlise Christian Fellowship by way of audio and streaming video. Again I have shaved my beard almost entirely and headed back for the last Apostolic Church we tried. Not sure the Pastor will be happy to see me again after our discussion over immortal soul a while back but I dont know what else to do.

I pray regularly for Apostolic Churches that I am aware of. That does not mean I cant pray for Charismatic/Pentecostal groups. I pray for them to come to what Apostolics have in baptism in Jesus name and Oneness.

Other than that the other groups may have more truth than Apostolics. I dont go just by Acts 2:38 when judging some group. Thats just the beginning as important as it is.

Mike, YOU are NOT there because they are Trinitarians. Which means YOU believe they are not saved. Again YOU posted that, so give us a break. YOU said YOU would make that church YOUR church if THEY weren’t TRINITARIANS!!!!

Therefore Acts 2:38 and Trinitarians don’t float in your book.

All your posting now is just a futile attempt to get the taste of foot out of your mouth.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So if one gets baptized in Jesus name and they dont believe Jesus is the Father their baptism in his name is invalid?
Mike go to Misty’s church already!

Go bro, vote with your feet, and stop with begging us to accept this group.

The bigger issue here is YOU don’t accept that they are saved.

If YOU did YOU would make the place YOUR CHURCH.

Go boy, or give it a rest.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
That dude was about to baptize her in the titles and then changed it up. That whole movement sounds crazy NAR is nothing but the latter rain movement 2k edition.
AMEN
Old 06-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, YOU are NOT there because they are Trinitarians. Which means YOU believe they are not saved. Again YOU posted that, so give us a break. YOU said YOU would make that church YOUR church if THEY weren’t TRINITARIANS!!!!

Therefore Acts 2:38 and Trinitarians don’t float in your book.

All your posting now is just a futile attempt to get the taste of foot out of your mouth.
Well yea I said they were Trins all along. Which is why I am glad to see someone predicting a revival among them. Like I said page one, even if it means someone leading them out of IHOP.

I have praised what I consider to be good among them. I have rejected what I consider error. If in their journey they wind up believing in 3 co equal co eternal God persons and rejecting Jesus is the Eternal Father I dont expect to see them in the kingdom.

And beyond that, the OP was not LIMITING her prediction to IHOP but rather to Charismatics in general. More truth and more holiness is greatly needed.

I like the idea of a revival among Charismatics! I like the idea of revival among Apostolics!
Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

So basically ihop and KCEF believe and do what the majority of charismatics already believe and do. They believe salvation is assured when a person accepts Christ as savior. They believe in baptism as a sacrament, not needed for salvation. They believe in the HG and speaking in tongues, but again, mostly as a cool gift which is added after salvation.

Beyond that, ihop and Mike Bickle promote eastern philosophy and catholic mysticism -- lectio divina and contemplative/centering prayer.

I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not really surprised that Mike would gladly join them even with these beliefs if they were only not trinitarian; yet he consistently blasts holiness, new birth apostolics who either don't have the same eschatology belief as him or are against beards.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
. . .

I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not really surprised that Mike would gladly join them even with these beliefs if they were only not trinitarian; yet he consistently blasts holiness, new birth apostolics who either don't have the same eschatology belief as him or are against beards.
it is curious, isn't it?
maybe even imperfect.

Last edited by Amanah; 06-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:

What’s really goin on..?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
What’s really goin on..?
Mike is deceived into thinking he is spiritual.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Bickle was with the Jesus Movement back in the 70s. IIRC, Mike has posted about his experiences in the movement. Could be ihop's culture and style is reminiscent of the Jesus Movement and there's some nostalgia there.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Bickle was with the Jesus Movement back in the 70s. IIRC, Mike has posted about his experiences in the movement. Could be ihop's culture and style is reminiscent of the Jesus Movement and there's some nostalgia there.
Maybe so.