Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Workings of God Through Humanity.

I love hearing and writing about old time miracles and supernatural spiritual workings of Jesus through believers. With that said I really enjoy hearing those same workings done in our day. This testimony happened just over a week ago.

A brother in the church goes to a diner in a small town in Wyoming pretty regularly. One afternoon he noticed a young lady and felt that God was working in her life. That brother went and told the pastor and the pastors wife about what he had felt. The pastors wife went out to the diner the next day and sought to talk to the young lady, yet she was not at the diner, as the pastors wife was leaving the young lady was coming into the diner and it was evident she was sick. The pastors wife talked with her, and told her that they where going to pray for her that night. That night in church they held her up in prayer. The next morning that brother was at the diner, and the young lady came up to him and said, "I don't know what you guys did, yet I feel amazing!"

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

The best man at my wedding was diagnosed with an immune disorder just less than a year after my weeding. At first he thought and was counseled to control it through herbalist treatment, organic remedies, staying away from GMOs, processed foods and drinks, yet it didn't get better it got worse. I remember watching him go from a healthy weight to something so fragile, it seemed like just the slightest wind could knock him over. Even in his frailty he would ran during worship service, he continued to believe in a miraculous healing, he went as far as to show his confidence in Gods healing to throw away all the medication he was taking. Yet, the day came where he breathed his last breathe in this physical dimension, and entered into the spiritual blessings that we all hope for.

You may be asking where is the miracle? How is this suppose to help me in my belief?

Let me tell you the part I didn't. This believer left the church sometime after he received the Holy Ghost, and stayed away from the faith that saved him for five years. Finally after that time of sin, he came back to God and from the time of his rededication to God until the time he died was fives years. What he gave to the world and the spirits of this world he gave back to God before God called him home.

He used the scriptures that would benefit him for a healing, yet the healing never came (in the physical). He believed in a miraculous healing yet, it never came. I believed in a miracle, yet there was something in the pit of my spirit that believed he wasn't going to make it.

In your sickness, in your time of need seek God! If you are afflicted there is a reason, and YOU need to pray and allow the liberty of the Spirit to show you the cause and reason for the affliction. Sicknesses can be rebuked, we have the power to call the dead to life again, demons that cause sickness can be casted out and the vessel will be healed. Yet, when the healing doesn't come, when you speak the scriptures of healing and there is no anointing present, seek God as to why? There is an answer waiting for you that will give you something a present healing won't.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

A brother in the church as of late last year suffered a stroke. He has since then made a 95% recovery, which in that by itself is a praise to God.
This same brother was walking to have his families picture taken by a lake, he walked right into a hole in the ground, which resulted in his hip popping out of place. He was in severe pain, his wife went to another brother and asked if he could pray for him. This brother took out his oil that he carries wherever he goes and prayed against the pain and the discomfort and rebuked it from his body. An hour later that brother was with his family at a family bowling center having a good time.

Wherever we go there is a need!
Old 11-28-2021, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

My daughter had a high fever just the other day, and was lying in my mother in laws bed resting. I grabbed my oil and went into the room and rebuked the fever and sealed the healing in Jesus name. I told my wife, she is going to be fine. By the time she woke up just short of an hour, the fever is gone. My mother in law couldn't believe that she was healed, and didn't have a fever.

We should be of the mindset that when we pray God hears us.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

An evangelist and his family were at the parsonage of the local church where he has been preaching. The ministers daughter climbed up on the van and lost her fitting on the hood and slipped off. Her left leg was cut by the license plate in such a way it went to the bone and was a gash about 6 inches in length. The minister grabbed his daughter and went into the bathroom with his wife and they began cleaning the wound, they called for the pastor and he came and they began praying. In a miracle all on its own the wound stopped bleeding to where they could bandage it. The next morning, the little girl was walking like nothing happened, the bandage was off, and there is to this day, only a faint scar where the edge of the plate first penetrated.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

An evangelist was praying over a women that was deaf in one ear, the woman was also possessed with a spirit. The pastor of the church was one that didn't believe in the spirit realm so all this was new to him. Nevertheless the evangelist with his wife began rebuking that spirit inside her, and the minister whispered in her deaf ear, and the spirit began to talking back in a loud screaming voice. A couple minutes later the spirit came out of her, and she was now at peace filled with the Holy Ghost.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:07 AM
New User

The pastor didn’t believe in the spirit realm? An apostolic pastor?
Old 01-17-2022, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
The pastor didn’t believe in the spirit realm? An apostolic pastor?
That’s right. Matter of a fact, on the way to his home, the pastor talked himself out of what he just witnessed.

I just listened to a pastor of a very big congregation yesterday confess that he had like 4-5 different health issues this past year. I mean he had to go to another hospital in a different state to try to get treatment. Then after that issue, he had Covid, then shingles inside and out of his body. Never mentioned that it was a spiritual attack, never rebuked the sickness, just said I’m going to get victory over the devil. SMH, claiming victory and yet no victory.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:56 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
That’s right. Matter of a fact, on the way to his home, the pastor talked himself out of what he just witnessed.

I just listened to a pastor of a very big congregation yesterday confess that he had like 4-5 different health issues this past year. I mean he had to go to another hospital in a different state to try to get treatment. Then after that issue, he had Covid, then shingles inside and out of his body. Never mentioned that it was a spiritual attack, never rebuked the sickness, just said I’m going to get victory over the devil. SMH, claiming victory and yet no victory.
That’s not fair. You don’t know how he handled it privately.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
That’s not fair. You don’t know how he handled it privately.
It is fair.

Whom I listened to, the recording was about a month old. Just the other day, he is on the platform doubled mask, can hardly talk, has missed several services, came down with another sickness. Probably Covid/pneumonia, and still no victory.

You see brother, you can’t claim victory when you don’t know what your fighting.