Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-20-2008, 05:01 AM
delete account

Lightbulb I was blessed beyond measure...

to have the awesome privilege to meet many wonderful people this weekend.

First I'd like to apologize and say that I was so wrong about a fellow AFF poster. I met the most humble, sincere, and shy man of God this weekend. His name is Daniel Alicea. He loves the Lord, is patient, and so kind. I feel blessed to have met him.

After 30+ years of going to JCM with an incredible person whom I did not know at all...I was HONORED by his enormous heart for knowing just exactly when it was time for me to step into my destiny. James Griffin has been a catalyst for God moving into my situation right on time.

After years of postings and a passive aggressive relationship with an ultra-conservative poster...I had the unique opportunity to meet a fellow survivor...Bro. Phil Jones. I was mesmerized by the inteligence and words of wisdom by which he spoke.

I met Chicago Pastor who is such a young man and sweet, as well as kind man of God. His smile lights up a room.

And, last but not least...Bro. Bill Price...That young man is multi-talented, and multi-gifted with abilities that even he does not realize yet. God has some wonderful things in store for him.

I feel humbled, honored, and blessed beyond measure for what God has done in my life this weekend. And eventually ...there will be pictures to show it.

Love & Blessings to all the AFF'ers I know, and have met...and those I have yet to meet.

God is so Good and I am so thankful,
Rhoni
Old 01-20-2008, 05:45 AM
philjones

Ditto Me... except for all that stuff about Phil Jones... especially that Ultra Conservative stuff...

It was really a blessing to sit a table and hear, with person/reality associated, the hearts of so many that I have posted with, agreed with, fought with, and never REALLY known.

James Griffin is a great guy... If you read this I am so glad you are home. You make the body more complete!

Dan Alicea is as Rhoni said, the absolute antithesis of all you would assume from his posting style. Dan if you lurk and read this, I am honored to call you my friend!

Bill Price is a delightful young man with presence. As he spoke at the end of his weekend experience several sitting around me were commenting on they would "LOVE to hear that guy preach". Bill, if you are reading this, I await the full revelation of purpose in your life as you walk faithfully before the Lord!

Chicago Pastor is a young'n with a ready smile and sweet spirit. Though we didn't get to enjoy your company at 59 Diner, the time I was able to spend with you was good and God Blessed. I am thankful to have made your acquaintance and to have been allowed to be a small part of your experience this weekend!

Oh... and Rhoni, is not nearly as Psycho as you all thought.. was that the right choice of words? You know what i meant... therapist and all that! In truth, Rhoni exhibited what I knew she possessed all along, a heart for God and a hunger for the things of the Kingdom of God. Sometimes the obstacles we have go over, under, around or through leave shades of the obstacle on us that colors the way we appear to others and we are then judged by our obstacle rather than by our heart.

Rhoni, you have a beautiful heart and the color is perfect. Just keep on climbing over and going under, around or through the obstacles and don't worry about the temporary presence of the color of the obstacle... Jesus is regarding your heart!

Now if I can only resolve my dilemma about Sunday AM church in Houston... 5 wonderful new friends at COC or my precious 81 year old Aunt Mittie Pheonix at Bethel Tabernacle. Help me Lord... Aunt Mittie already threatened me. Whatever shall I do?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:25 AM
delete account

Bro. Phil,

It is really quite easy - do both. Church with her and lunch with us; or, church with us and lunch with her. There has to be a compromise that we all can live with. Whatever you decide, I know it will be just right for everyone concerned.

Blessings, Rhoni

P.S. Thank-you for the insight to see the color of my heart.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:51 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Bro. Phil,

It is really quite easy - do both. Church with her and lunch with us; or, church with us and lunch with her. There has to be a compromise that we all can live with. Whatever you decide, I know it will be just right for everyone concerned.

Blessings, Rhoni

P.S. Thank-you for the insight to see the color of my heart.
Sis. Rhoni,

At this point, I have decided to go to church with Aunt Mittie, possibly do lunch with her and then try to get back to COC for the 2:00pm servicio in Espanol!

Having SO MANY friends is a wonderful thing to deal with!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:00 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Sis. Rhoni,

At this point, I have decided to go to church with Aunt Mittie, possibly do lunch with her and then try to get back to COC for the 2:00pm servicio in Espanol!

Having SO MANY friends is a wonderful thing to deal with!
Bro. Phil,

I have a 4 hour drive but I might stay to hear Chicago Pastor. Hopefully he isn't long-winded LOL. Bro. D said he would translate for us.

And yes, having so many friends is just awesome isn't it?

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 01-20-2008, 08:00 AM
My Family!

My note to you didn't make it - - hopefully, it will surface soon and can be forwarded to you.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 AM
delete account

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
My note to you didn't make it - - hopefully, it will surface soon and can be forwarded to you.
Renda,

Jim told me about it and I am glad it is coming. There are a a select few friends I have that I truly care about their blessing on and to my life. You are one of them. I appreciate the fact our friendship has grown in the past few years.

Love & Blessings, Rhoni
Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Sister Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Renda,

Jim told me about it and I am glad it is coming. There are a a select few friends I have that I truly care about their blessing on and to my life. You are one of them. I appreciate the fact our friendship has grown in the past few years.

Love & Blessings, Rhoni
Sis I am so glad you were able to meet some fellow AFF'ers personally...it is so amazing how wonderful the couple I have met were....things just can't come across in printed word like they can face to face!

You were truly blessed!

Love and blessings right back to you!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

I look forward to meeting some or all of my cyber friends. I know that we come from many walks of life, but we have a common denominator- the family of God.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:38 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Rhoni,
You along with the folks you mentioned are some of the folks I am hoping to meet.

There are so many anointed folks that we talk to every day on these forums.

God Bless,

Neck