Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-02-2013, 06:53 AM
friendly to the sinners

Re: Puking at the altar. Where did this come from?

I have never personally seen this, but heard a story or two. I had a good friend of mine told me of his experience with this. Little back ground on my buddy first; He is very intense, quite straight laced, what I would consider more conservative than I and
is ex-military/ex-police. In his early years of ministry he had a district official in his organization deeply hurt him. He was hurt, bitter, struggled in his walk with God and was still trying to find his role in ministry. For long time he tried to suppress his negative emotions while seeking God. He said he would go to the church to pray and as he went deeper into prayer, the memory of this dude would come to him. He would respond by suppressing the memory and "pray past it". As he did this he would feel sick and come to a high state of nausea then eventually refrain back in his prayer and would not draw any deeper in. He told me this went on and on for quite some time till one day while praying at the church he got tired of the whole thing and decided to keep pressing on in prayer even unto intense nausea. He continued, that in this high state of nausea, God dealt with him deeply about forgiving this guy that had hurt him. Continuing in this conflict of prayer, bitterness, nausea and the urgency to pray till "something broke" he threw up in the pew and not just a little. He told me, since that day he hadn't dealt with bitterness toward this man and when he saw him at events, my friend was able to talk to him like a friend. No bitterness, no painful memories. Ill let you draw conclusions as to what exactly happened here, demon possession or just strong emotionalism, Im not sure. What ever it was, he said others notice a difference in him since that day.

Last edited by endtimer; 11-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Now everyone's gonna be afraid if they happened to eat a bad breakfast and start feeling nauseated at church.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Now everyone's gonna be afraid if they happened to eat a bad breakfast and start feeling nauseated at church.
Not really. There has to be a group of people around them screaming and yelling for the devil to come out. Otherwise, it's just a stomach virus or something.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:44 PM
"Is there not a cause?"

Although, I have heard of true physical manifestations of demons as they are being cast out, but I have never seen it. My only experience is:
About 15 years ago, we had an evangelist come to our small independent church and preach about demon possession. He told the church (which is now gone), that some of them are possessed by evil spirits and that there will always be a physical manifestation when the demons are cast out. So he asked for 3-4 trashcans to be brought to the front of the church before he continued preaching. I watched as half of the congregation (about 20 people) gathered around the front in anticipation of deliverance. By the end, no one actually puked, but a couple of eccentric men grabbed the trashcans and tried. One of the men started spitting and testified after church "only the little devils came out, but the big ones were not prepared to come out yet"… I’m sorry but I could not help but LOL !
Old 04-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Yeah its stuff like this that scared me as a kid...I didnt wanna be around any of that mess.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Well, I guess my experience has been just the opposite.

Seen it many times with those who were heavily oppressed by demonic spirits.

Have a woman in the congregation right now that we spent allmost 3 hours last friday night praying for in deliverance. She had been oppressed / possessed for years, in gangs, drugs, violence etc.

As we began to pray for her she began to manifest, ie puking. Don't know why people puke when you are dealing with spiritual deliverance but it happens.

Many times in this situation you will not see food come out but will see a yellow liquid, (Not trying to be gross).

We had a woman come in a revival service who had a growth on her arm. Looked like a large lump just above the elbow. During the song service she began to "puke" and we went back to pray for her. She dropped to the ground and a green lump that looked like a egg yolk came out of her mouth. About made everyone else around her pule also.

When that lump came out she no longer had the lump on her arm and she claimed that God had healed her from a spirit of infirmity. (The Evangelist who was preaching is sometimes on this forum if verification is needed)

Not trying to pop anyones bubbles about demonic possession but it still happens and for whatever reason people still puke when they come out.

Just my experience is all.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Jerry Moon

It helps promote it if you add anointing oil to a glass of water when they get thirsty... Never done this but seen it done...

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 AM
mary

I've seen it, but think it was more from getting very worked up emotionally than anything. There were a couple women I knew that threw up often during altar call, but they were seen as prayer warriors. However, I don't recall this being an indication of deep prayer in the Bible, either.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
I have always wondered WHERE in the world folks got the idea that if someone got "delivered" from the devil that he/she had to puke. I remember being at a church and when a person in the altar would really start praying, someone would rush out to get some tissue and a waste can.
What's up with that?
It's not uncommon for people to vomit during the expulsion of a demonic spirit. However, I don't see any example of this in Scripture. Yet, also I don't think "silence" on something in Scripture demands invalidating it. Those who participate in "deliverance ministries" do well to be prepared for anything documented in case studies involving casting out devils.

Last edited by Aquila; 04-21-2014 at 10:31 AM.