Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 11-14-2016, 04:13 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Brilliant! Trump Won't Take A Salary

In last night's 60 Minutes interview DT said he will take $1 for his presidential salary. I guess by law he has to take a salary so he said he would accept $1.

I have said for years that a great campaign strategy would be to pledge to not take a salary. I thought Romney should've done that back in 2012 since he was worth so much.

I didn't see the interview but I did see some excerpts this morning. The clips I saw were great. I believe he's going to make a lot of conservatives happy. He talked about major league tax cuts. He talked about deporting criminal illegal aliens. He said he didn't care if the election hurt the Trump brand. He said what they were about to do was way more important.

I'm optimistic!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.

Last edited by deacon blues; 11-14-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:55 PM

Re: Brilliant! Trump Won't Take A Salary

I guess I'm the only one impressed with this?

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:13 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

It's a good move - and I applaud him for it - but it'll take more than that to impress me.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
It's a good move - and I applaud him for it - but it'll take more than that to impress me.
Considering he made a lot off his campaign, he won't be hurting making money off the presidency. Jake Tapper is going to keep track. Lol!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
I guess I'm the only one impressed with this?

A self proclaimed billionaire takes a $1 salary. Yeah, not impressed.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
In last night's 60 Minutes interview DT said he will take $1 for his presidential salary. I guess by law he has to take a salary so he said he would accept $1.

I have said for years that a great campaign strategy would be to pledge to not take a salary. I thought Romney should've done that back in 2012 since he was worth so much.

I didn't see the interview but I did see some excerpts this morning. The clips I saw were great. I believe he's going to make a lot of conservatives happy. He talked about major league tax cuts. He talked about deporting criminal illegal aliens. He said he didn't care if the election hurt the Trump brand. He said what they were about to do was way more important.

I'm optimistic!
I figured he would do that! Like he said during his campaigning, "I don't need this job" but, he does love America and wants to better it! I pray God blesses him and uses him and keeps him safe.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Considering he made a lot off his campaign, he won't be hurting making money off the presidency. Jake Tapper is going to keep track. Lol!
PO, you know Trump didn't make money...he sacrificed a lot of his own money during the campaign!

Old 11-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
PO, you know Trump didn't make money...he sacrificed a lot of his own money during the campaign!

Oh, that's right. I weep with joy that we finally got a decent, moral, and honest man in the White House... Oh, wait...
Old 11-15-2016, 05:39 AM

Nobody believes DT is a Boy Scout, but if the man does something decent, those of you who are the righteous should applaud him for it. Clinton was a multi millionaire, and didn't need the presidential salary---actually I can't think of any modern day president Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, Obama who wasn't already independently wealthy. None of them needed the $400,000 a year salary. Yet none of them waived it.

Kudos to DT for doing the right thing!

I'll admit and call him out when he's wrong. I'll certainly offer praise when he does something right.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'll admit and call him out when he's wrong. I'll certainly offer praise when he does something right.

Sure you will. You didn't during the campaign, with all the lies and junk he did. I highly doubt you'll find he does anything wrong as POTUS.