Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Registered Member

Re: A Trinitarian Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdesigner View Post
I don't believe on Trinity doctrine anymore.. I do believe Jesus Christ is the Father God. As a former baptist, I confessed GOD is one but back on my mind contrary on what I confessed I believe God is a three separate person, as Jesus can be seen separate from God the father in heaven just like this image from Chick Publication

How about guys, how do you view GOD?
I believe God is one [ one person ] the bible is full of refs to this point one that comes to mind is Col 2:9, Which says The fullness of the Godhead Dwelleth in him bodily . [dwelleth= forever dwells or continualy dwells ]
Old 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Sounds like they try to make God a three-headed being. Each head is different yet they are connected to the same body therefore being one. I don't know....back where I came from we called anything with three heads a freak. I don't serve a God that is a freak. Maybe that is why they use "he" to describe the trinity. He's just got three heads! Lol
Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Yahshua HuAdon

With all due respect minorprophet this is pretty funny but an over-simplification.
In Hebrew thinking we never make G-d out to be a man, if it's one head or three.
Yahweh is an all encompassing Spirit. He is in all and by Him everything exists.
It is taught that if God even stopped thinking about you for a second you would cease to exist.
Since Yahweh is a Spirit who fills all things there can not be another diety.
Though we can not fully comprehend Him we do know that Yahshua (Jesus) is the image of the invisible G-d.
I as a Messanic Jewish believer find Great revelation in the words of our lord when He stated " If you love me keep My commandments"
So anyway even Trinitarianism is a human grasping for truth, making something so simple into a complex theology that no can understand.
Again Yahshua(Jesus) made it real simple when He was speaking to Father G-d He Proclaimed " Father, I Have Manifested Your Name" Wow Powerful truth in a few short words!.
It is so easy to see when we keep His name correct from the Hebrew scripture. YaHWeH (Father) manifested His NAME In YAHshua(Son)..No Different God, No different Name..Can't get any easer than This
Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

How would a trinitarian interpret Zech 14:9. Just interested ,because in my view whether one sees it three manifestations or three persons,it is the Name that makes the difference. In other words What is the Name of the father , Son and Holy Ghost ?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Didnt read all the posts, but i agree to what darci said. Most trinnies believe the same thing (or VERY close) we do, they word it different.

Atleast from what ive read and heard.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceniez View Post
How would a trinitarian interpret Zech 14:9. Just interested ,because in my view whether one sees it three manifestations or three persons,it is the Name that makes the difference. In other words What is the Name of the father , Son and Holy Ghost ?
His name is Jesus!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrrs View Post
His name is Jesus!
Amen.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Go back to John 14:17-18 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

"the Spirit of truth" is the Holy Ghost" Jesus ascribes "whom" and they "know him" "for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you." he of course is referring to himself as the "whom" and the "him" and the "he" ...the antagonist will say he is referring to God and not the Son.

Matthew 11: 27 " and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;neither knoweth any man the father, save the Son, and he to whomever the Son will reveal him.

They only knew Jesus! And he was telling them who he was! back in John 14:8 Phillip said "shew us the father" and Jesus said if you 've seen me you've seen the Father. This whole discourse was oneness revelation, and Jesus points out again..."the world can't receive...Truth.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeemedcynic84 View Post
The reason it is said like that is because Trinitarians believe in one God... They stick to the trinitarian terminology out of tradition...

The way to understand the trinity is to look back at Nicea when they adopted it and understand who/what they were fighting when they adopted it and why they adopted it...

The groups they were trying to eliminate were ones that were teaching that Jesus was not God at all, but the first created thing that then created the Holy Spirit and God gave Jesus all his god-powers who then gave the Holy Spirit all the god-powers, too... (Arians)

There were other groups saying that Jesus wasn't human but some sort of divine vision everyone saw but wasn't really there since God can't become part of the natural world because the natural world was evil and was actually created accidentally by demons (long story)... (Gnostics)

There was still another group that taught that Jesus' Father was not actually YHWH of the Old Testament but that YHWH was evil and a satan-like figure... (Marciuns)

These are the kinds of groups they were fighting in those early days... and they are the kinds of groups the Trinity was adopted to fight... Look at the basics of the Trinity:

1. The Father is God
2. The Son is God
3. The Holy Spirit is God
4. There is one God

that's the jist of it... everything else is just trying to make those 4 statements all be true and make sense...
My take is that there are not many "trinnies" that will ADMIT they believe in more than one God! ___
Old 05-13-2022, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdad View Post
John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Go back to John 14:17-18 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

"the Spirit of truth" is the Holy Ghost" Jesus ascribes "whom" and they "know him" "for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you." he of course is referring to himself as the "whom" and the "him" and the "he" ...the antagonist will say he is referring to God and not the Son.

Matthew 11: 27 " and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;neither knoweth any man the father, save the Son, and he to whomever the Son will reveal him.

They only knew Jesus! And he was telling them who he was! back in John 14:8 Phillip said "shew us the father" and Jesus said if you 've seen me you've seen the Father. This whole discourse was oneness revelation, and Jesus points out again..."the world can't receive...Truth.
His NAME is Jesus!

"God (who is also the Word) was IN Christ, reconciling the world unto himself." So the WORD is God "The words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.", and the Word dwelt in the BODY of [I]"...the man, Christ Jesus..."[I]. How can anyone say, therefore, that Jesus (the man) is God (the Father)?

Now this: I am human because my father is human; Jesus is "God" because his Father is God; however, that DOES NOT make Jesus (the man) the Father!

Where many "professing" Christians err is at the NAME: When YOU say that Jesus is God, you are correct by using His NAME. But you forget that the NAME of the son is also "Jesus". Some of you folks are so busy building the walls and ceiling, that you have forgotten to lay the foundation!