Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: What is going on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Is IHOP called NAR?

Do YOU approve of "Apostolic" Churches that teach Christmas and Easter? How about that Jesus came and resurrected the dead saints and raptured the living to Heaven in 70ad?
I approve of the churches, not their teaching.

No one believed the living were raptured in 70ad.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
International House Of Prayer Kansas City

A Charismatic Church which I watch on live stream sometimes. I enjoy the good praise and worship there.

ihopkc.org
During my time on one of the worship teams I gained insight into a behind the scenes look at how some of the manipulation works. First, worship team leaders are taught a very specific way to lead worship. They are instructed to follow a mantra, which is chosen ahead of time by the leaders. There are levels of mantras and we were instructed that if those in the prayer room appear disconnected, to up the mantra to the next level. There is a basic set of chords to be played repetitively for a pre-set amount of time, usually a minimum of ten minutes is required before altering the chord combination. This is all done to induce relaxation and assist those in the prayer room to reach deeper levels of meditative spirituality.

At one point during my assignment in the Forerunner School of Ministry, I was chosen with three others to meet with the Director of FSM, Mike Bickle (also the founder of the IHOP movement). I had heard many things about him prior to our meeting. We were taken to his office and he lifted his hands and prayed over us, as new leaders of worship, “chosen for the harp and bowl” he said, “selected to guide the prayers of the saints and usher in the second coming of our Lord.” He spoke prophetic words over each of us, words he claimed to be given to him directly from God. The words he spoke over me were directly (almost verbatim) from my journal entry that had been turned into my group leader the day before. He slid open a panel in his office wall and had each of us look through it into the prayer room and he told us he would be watching us “guide the flock” in prayer and worship. The meeting had more of an “I’m watching you” threatening undertone than it did a positive vibe. He then instructed us in meditation, specifically what was to be said and in what order; and made us write down his instructions. I have included these instructions in my report:

1. Speak slowly

2. Speak softly

3. Speak briefly (short phrases or even just one word)

4. Speak minimally (listen more than you speak)

5. Pause a lot (linger in waiting mode, emptying your spirit)

6. Pray with your spirit (focus your mind and direction to the Holy Spirit)

7. Release gentle sighs and moans (focus on the Holy Spirit, talk to Him)

8. Gaze into silence (feel the divine magnet pull you and let it take you)

Then we were instructed to chant the following things aloud, waiting five or ten minutes before moving to the next one. He called this the “TRUST” method. We were to chant these five things using the above instructions:

1. Thank you Holy Spirit.

2. Release Revelation.

3. Use Me (add in every three or four phrases: use me to prophesize and become a vessel of the manifestations of the spirit.)

4. Strengthen Me (add in every three of four phrases: it takes the power of God to feel God)

5. Teach me

Never once was Jesus or Christ of God mentioned in this equation, but rather the focus was on praying to the Holy Spirit and seeking prophetic revelation, visions and signs and wonders. I noted while taking notes how many times Mr. Bickle instructed us to “pray to the Holy Spirit” and it was 36 times in our meeting which lasted under an hour.

https://stopihopcult.wordpress.com/tag/misty-edwards/

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-22-2018, 11:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

From the same link:

I was part of the investigative team that went into the IHOP-KC and I’d like to share something that I witnessed during my time there.

First of all, the application itself was extensive and asked many questions of a very personal nature. This information was later shared with my team leader who tried to use it against me. Keep in mind, all of the information on my application was false, as I basically created my persona to go in undercover. One of the examples is that I wrote down that my parents were divorced. (My real parents are not divorced and are actually happily married, a marriage lasting 28 years and counting.) I told no one else that my parents were divorced and the only place it was written was on my application. So, when my team leader told me that “God had given her a prophetic word for me” and that it was about the “deep sadness I was holding in my heart from my parent’s divorce,” I knew she had seen my application AND was using information on it to try and make me believe God was speaking to her and through her. It was an outright lie.

This was not the last time something from my false application was used to try and suck me into believing God was speaking to one of the leaders. In the prayer room there were two occasions when one of the members spoke a word over me about things that were not true of the real me, but were based on the information in my fake application. One was about drug use, of which I’ve never used drugs. (I smoked pot in college once but I didn’t like it.) The other was about my sexual preferences, in which I was told that Satan was trying to lead me down a path of homosexual destruction and that God had brought me here to repent and one man even went as far as to wave his arms in the air above my head and proclaim to be releasing homosexual spirits from me. Keep in mind, I’m not a homosexual nor have I ever had a homosexual encounter or even a desire to cross to the other side. EVERYTHING the supposedly received from God came right off the pages of my fake application. This is a manipulation of information and a ploy of mental deception to try and pull people into the experience of God, which at IHOP-KC, isn’t of or about God at all.

All students were forced to journal daily and give their journals to their team leaders. We were required to confess everything and when journals were turned in that did not contain the secrets of the soul, that person was publically chastised, forced to fast for a period of time, given longer assignments in the prayer room and longer journaling time alone. They were also followed by other members to make sure they didn’t speak to anyone about IHOP in a negative manner. One day I wrote in my journal that I had suicidal thoughts. (Again, this couldn’t be further from the truth, but I wanted to see what they would do about it.) That night in the prayer room one of the worship leaders called my name and told me that God sees me and knows that I’ve been wanting to take my life and that He was telling me to go deeper in Him. This wasn’t a message from God, it was a lie based on something I wrote in my journal.

Everything at IHOP-KC is a manipulation. It’s like a big magic show only the magicians are being fed information from journals and applications and using it to trick people into thinking God knows their hearts and is speaking to them.

Their other magic act is calling up demons and threatening anyone who questions them.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-22-2018, 11:33 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Their other magic act is calling up demons and threatening anyone who questions them.
They’re more spiritual than Apostolics
Old 10-23-2018, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

Before we forget what this thread is about:

https://www.facebook.com/68572685155...9882265143809/

Not about IHOP.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
It all ties in with Toronto... Pensacola... BETHEL in Redding. I’m lately doubting Azusa.

It’s the fruit of the tongue talkin trojan horse..,
Doubting Azusa Street? Where does that leave the UPCI?

UPCI.ORG

The UPCI emerged out of the Pentecostal movement that began with a Bible school in Topeka, Kansas, in 1901 and with the Azusa Street Revival in Los Angeles, California, in 1906.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Not about IHOP.
The thread is about proper and spiritual worship.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Doubting Azusa Street? Where does that leave the UPCI?

UPCI.ORG

The UPCI emerged out of the Pentecostal movement that began with a Bible school in Topeka, Kansas, in 1901 and with the Azusa Street Revival in Los Angeles, California, in 1906.
Azusa has been waaaay overblown in the telling, by people with various agendas. I got what I got from God, not some group of men trying to maintain some organizational structure and "authorized succession".

Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
It all ties in with Toronto... Pensacola... BETHEL in Redding. I’m lately doubting Azusa.

It’s the fruit of the tongue talkin trojan horse..,
Yea the Khundalini outpourings, I know what your talking about. I can kind of see what your saying about Azusa but some pioneers of the faith did come out of it. Although in my studies the end of it seems to be the same thing as the rest of these modern day manifestations as you just mentioned. All that growling and barking and hissing isn't it. And I've read stuff that said this was widespread at Azusa toward the end. Plus the rest of this false Pentecostalism came out of it also, so it's results were at best 50 percent or less(probably much much less) over the process of time.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 10-23-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Not about IHOP.
Mike you get very angry when we talk about I HOP, but if someone talks about a Oneness group all the above you always have something negative to say towards it. But you contend toward for this group even though you will say explitly you know their in error. I haven't heard you ever contend for any Apostolic leaders ever besides Irvin Baxter, or Ross Drysdale truthfully. I'm not trying to put you down but I'm giving my observations.

And if that is a Apostolic church it looks like one of those snake handler church and we all don't agree with that. The music sounds West Virginian

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 10-23-2018 at 08:08 AM.