Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Apostolic Articles
Facebook

Notices

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
apostolic, holiness, jesus only, oneness, pentecostal

Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Are we really Jesus ONLY?

Are you really Jesus Only? Those who are not "Jesus Only" aren't really Jesus anything.

Sadly there are some so called "Oneness" who want to play "Pentecostal" but when accused of being "Jesus Only" by the trinity filth they start to wriggle and say "Oh we are Jesus everything" or this or that to defend themselves from being "Jesus Only". They have slipped and backslidden towards Rome while shouting and praising Jesus a few times a week.

True monotheists have no problem with the concept that Jehovah God, Jehovah Saviour Himself, in the flesh, died on a cross for a sinful humanity that He Himself had created from so much dirt on the ground.

The very word Jesus means "Jehovah Saviour". Jesus IS the creator.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

You see, Jesus Christ created the World. Those who REALLY believe that Jesus is God have no problem with that at all. Do you see Jesus Christ as the creator. Are you really "Jesus Only"?

Who was it really on the cross? It was Jehovah God, not any other.

1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The princes of this world didn't recognize Him then and they don't recognize him now.

1John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Yes it was God Himself on the cross. Oh I have heard the confused rantings of the carnal and ignorant about how did the universe keep going if God had died and stuff like that.

The answer is quite simple Brothers and Sisters, God is the inventor of life and death. Life and death are mere tools in His hands. Did not Jesus Christ, Jehovah Saviour, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father say that He would raise Himself from the dead?

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

The Lord of Glory raised Himself from the dead.

So the next time some polytheistic, Christ rejecting, Rome loving, trinity filth calls you "Jesus Only" don't be defensive. Say something like well if you don't worship Jesus Only then who do you devils worship?

Life and death are to Jehovah Saviour of less effort than we expend changing shoes.

Do you recognize that Jesus Christ is God the Father?

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

See how those who don't know Jesus as God the Father don't really know Jesus at all?

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So are you really "Jesus Only"?

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by

Carnal folks get really upset about Jesus Christ being the Great "I AM".

Only one throne in heaven and Jesus Only coming in the clouds...

Bro Steve Winter
For Bible doctrine http://www.TheTruthOfTheBible.com
For Christian music http://www.winterband.com
Real Acts 2:38 Christians and ministers on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=150271834049
Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

Re: Are we really Jesus ONLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Winter View Post
Are you really Jesus Only? Those who are not "Jesus Only" aren't really Jesus anything.

Sadly there are some so called "Oneness" who want to play "Pentecostal" but when accused of being "Jesus Only" by the trinity filth they start to wriggle and say "Oh we are Jesus everything" or this or that to defend themselves from being "Jesus Only". They have slipped and backslidden towards Rome while shouting and praising Jesus a few times a week.

True monotheists have no problem with the concept that Jehovah God, Jehovah Saviour Himself, in the flesh, died on a cross for a sinful humanity that He Himself had created from so much dirt on the ground.

The very word Jesus means "Jehovah Saviour". Jesus IS the creator.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

You see, Jesus Christ created the World. Those who REALLY believe that Jesus is God have no problem with that at all. Do you see Jesus Christ as the creator. Are you really "Jesus Only"?

Who was it really on the cross? It was Jehovah God, not any other.

1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The princes of this world didn't recognize Him then and they don't recognize him now.

1John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Yes it was God Himself on the cross. Oh I have heard the confused rantings of the carnal and ignorant about how did the universe keep going if God had died and stuff like that.

The answer is quite simple Brothers and Sisters, God is the inventor of life and death. Life and death are mere tools in His hands. Did not Jesus Christ, Jehovah Saviour, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father say that He would raise Himself from the dead?

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

The Lord of Glory raised Himself from the dead.

So the next time some polytheistic, Christ rejecting, Rome loving, trinity filth calls you "Jesus Only" don't be defensive. Say something like well if you don't worship Jesus Only then who do you devils worship?

Life and death are to Jehovah Saviour of less effort than we expend changing shoes.

Do you recognize that Jesus Christ is God the Father?

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

See how those who don't know Jesus as God the Father don't really know Jesus at all?

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by

Carnal folks get really upset about Jesus Christ being the Great "I AM".

Only one throne in heaven and Jesus Only coming in the clouds...

Bro Steve Winter
This bothers me. I'm not disagreeing with your primary points. I'm concerned that your tone gives them reason to reject our message.

Quote:
"trinity filth"
Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luke 6:27
But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Romans 12:14
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

1 Timothy 3:7
Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Colossians 4:5
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
For many of us who hold the truth... our entire faith is merely pride and vanity.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

The trinitarian will be cast into the lake of fire. Pretending otherwise is not loving at all. There is a great danger in that there is a generation of "Oneness Pentecostals" who are devoid of even the concept of spiritual chastity. The Bible does not teach Christians to "play nice" with the devil or his ministers.

I am not accusing anyone in particular here but if the shoe fits then you need to repent.

There is a generation that is devoid of the concept that there even be such a thing as spiritual chastity. We even see the reprobate fringe of so called "oneness preachers" who see nothing wrong with attending trinitarian services (some of these same ones also teach that monogamy is only required of the ministry, though...).

Whos job is it to prove what is acceptable to God? Some real spiritual big name preacher off somewhere else, right? Let's have a look...

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But notice the method whereby the Jesus Name baptised, Holy Ghost filled saint is to prove the acceptable and perfect will of God.

Now, does that say, "except for popular heathen holidays and popular fads, sports and traditions" be not conformed? See also http://www.prerapture.org/holiday

Does the Word of God really say, "mix with the false brethren and polytheists, bear with them and win them with your tolerance fellowship and love"? or does it say:

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Paul was addressing some Jesus Name Baptised, Holy Ghost filled saints and he was afraid for them that they would be corrupted. Just what was this horrible thing that they were doing that Paul feared for their spiritual chastity (or fidelity in other words, that they would be INFIDELS)? What was this horrible thing that Paul was so afraid they might do?

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Looking back one verse...

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Sure enough, Paul was fearing for their spiritual chastity, their spiritual fidelity. So let us look at these two verses together

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

But before we look at this terrible thing that Paul is afraid they would do, let us first look at who might be the "high risk" group for such corruption that Paul is fearful of. Let's back up just a few verses:

2 Corinthians 10:12 ¶ For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

The "high risk" group for spiritual infidelity will be a "mutual admiration society" commending themselves and measuring themselves by themselves, eh?

Now that we have come this far, what is this thing that Paul is so afraid that Jesus Name baptised, Holy Ghost filled saints might do that would render them spiritually corrupt, "unchaste" or "whorish". What great evil would they need to do???

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

What?! Just for bearing with someone like a trinity preacher or other false christian? What??? Does it really say that a Jesus Name Baptised, Holy Ghost filled saint would be corrupted just for "bearing with" a deceiver?

Jesus is coming back for a separate and Holy, spiritually chaste bride.

Here it is again, clearly "in context".

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

There is nothing "loving" about spiritual corruption.

Just "bear with" a trinitarian teacher or other false christian is spiritual infidelity.

To "bear with" something is quite a passive act, eh? Think of the effort required to merely "bear with" something.

In closing, let's look at Paul's mean old intolerant attitude towards deceivers.

2 Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Let the real Children of God remain spiritually separate and chaste.

Real Christianity is not a watered down "passive" religion.

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

The spiritually unchaste have not obeyed even the first commandment.

Bro Steve Winter
Old 08-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

I disagree. I'm not afraid of Trinitarians. Paul attended synagogues on the Sabbath to reason with the Jews. Paul also visited the Acropolis on Mars’ Hill, a pagan place of reasoning and philosophy to speak to the Athenians.

Being Apostolic means that we take this message and preach it wherever we find the opening. If it takes smiling and being friendly with a Trinitarian Christian to help some find the way more perfectly, I say we not be cowards or sissies and we do it.

Conversions are typically built by “relationships”. I’ve befriended a number of Trinitarians who thought Apostolics were cultists who after getting to know me and my family are now humbled by the Apostolic message. Three of these individuals are even Apostolic today.

I was raised in a Baptist home. A dear brother named Scott moved in next door to me and my mother. Scott and his family befriended us and were the friendliest neighbors we’d ever encountered. They did not only love each other, but they loved to us. They’d offer a friendly invitation to church occasionally which was rejected for a while. But they were sweet, loving, kind hearted. Rhoda, his wife, befriended my mother and prayed for her. Eventually we went to church with them. We were both filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized in Jesus’ name. I’m thankful Scott had the Christian guts not to call us “filth” but to love us. My grandfather was a Baptist minister. Did Scott tell us my grandfather was “filth”? No. He told me that my grandfather sounded like a wonderful man who evidently loved the Lord.

Scott didn’t call us filth, “Satan’s ministers”, or any other insult. Scott loved us. Sincerely loved us. My mother was Apostolic until she fell asleep. I’ve served as a Sunday School teacher in the Apostolic church for seven years and preached for four. I’ve led souls to the Lord, most previously “Christians” who needed a deeper understanding.

I think sometimes we resent non-Apostolics because so many reject this message. But the truth is… no person comes unto the Father unless the Spirit draws him or her. If God isn’t drawing…all the witnessing in the world will not bring them closer to the Lord. Sometimes we then become bitter and hateful because we don’t understand why they would neglect so great a salvation. We imagine that they are just being obstinate or rebellious. While some are…most are simply not being drawn at the moment we speak to them. But we have to remember…even those being obstinate and rebellious may wake up with God dealing with them a year from now. If we’ve called them “filth” or “Satan’s ministers” we only frustrate what God is trying to do in their lives.

I do believe that there are ministers of Satan. But I’m hard pressed to identify them. In my experience Trinitarians are sincere, they’re just afraid to depart from what they’ve learned BECAUSE they are afraid of making a mistake and displeasing God. I’ve been there, so I know.

Perhaps the true “minister’s of Satan” are of our own number. These ministers teach the “truth”…but they teach it in a way that propels men from it. With hate filled speech and snarling malign these false preachers who are pretending to be Apostolic bring reproach on the cross in the eyes of the unsaved. No unsaved person wishes to hear about a Jesus that makes a person bitter and or hateful. No unsaved person wants a Jesus that makes people slanderous and cursing against those who need the truth more than anyone else. These hate filled preachers are so convinced of their own righteousness that they would rather seek to remain “pure” than extend themselves to LOVE someone who doesn’t know the truth. Of course, their tune might change if one might appear to be on the road to becoming a tithing member of their religious exclusive social club.

I digress.

I believe that deep down inside, beyond all the posturing you’ll do on this forum to save face and protect your pride, you know full well what I’m telling you is the truth.

May God grant you grace and peace through the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Last edited by Aquila; 08-03-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Banned

I believe that the devilish infidel reprobate fake here has shown his true colors by simply using the phrase "Trinitarian Christian". He betrays himself as a minister of Satan by his own words.

I pray that I will never be popular among spiritual infidels and reprobate lukewarm spiritual filth.

We need to beware of infidels and spiritual filth who do the work of the devil and would undermine the truth of Acts 2:38 salvation even as they "play apostolic". A person who has not obeyed Acts 2:38 is not a Christian. The devil is a liar and his pride engorged reprobate servants are liars as well.

2Cor 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

There will be no infidels or lukewarm spiritual filth walking streets of gold. I perceive that our Satanic advocate here is still way more "Baptist" than he would perceive.

Bro. Winter
Old 08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
I believe that the devilish infidel reprobate fake here has shown his true colors by simply using the phrase "Trinitarian Christian". He betrays himself as a minister of Satan by his own words.

I pray that I will never be popular among spiritual infidels and reprobate lukewarm spiritual filth.

We need to beware of infidels and spiritual filth who do the work of the devil and would undermine the truth of Acts 2:38 salvation even as they "play apostolic". A person who has not obeyed Acts 2:38 is not a Christian. The devil is a liar and his pride engorged reprobate servants are liars as well.

2Cor 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

There will be no infidels or lukewarm spiritual filth walking streets of gold. I perceive that our Satanic advocate here is still way more "Baptist" than he would perceive.

Bro. Winter
Bro. Steve... rock on witcha bad self.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:

Bro. Winter
Ya. What was A.D. Urshan thinking. he must have been from the devil with his triunity.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

I've been to three circuses and four county fairs and I ain't never heard this kind of mess, even there.

Put on a little charity my brother, and you might even want to work on "a good report of them that are without!" Don't you think?

1Ti 3:7* Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Bro. Winter
Where you get streetS of gold from??
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Where you get streetS of gold from??

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

I don't have documentation handy but I believe that it has become established science that gold in its 100% pure state is transparent.

Regards,

Bro. Winter