Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Anybody watching Duck Dynasty?

One of last night's episodes, Sweating Bullets, was just downright funny! I about fell off the couch laughing when they showed uncle Si sitting in the back of a pickup-turned-kiddie-pool!

The commentary provided by Jase just goes to show that they are not all that "red neck". Very good clean fun.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 AM
Christmas 2009

I love Duck Dynasty and I rarely even watch TV. But Uncle Si is worth tuning in for. I don't get to see it often, but I appreciate that there is no bad language and they pray.
They are Church of Christ, and Si is actually a preacher. If that's already been said on here, sorry - I haven't read the whole thread.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 AM

I dont have a tv, so I didnt know what duck dynasty was. Googled it, and now I realize Phil Robertson AKA The Duck Commander is on it. He is the man when it comes to duck calling. I always watch his youtube videos to help teach me how to make better duck calls.

This is one of my favorite. He speaks of how, 40 yrs ago, when he was an athiest, his atheist college professors tried to convince him of evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3MwBGsj7kw

Patriarch of the family, Phil, is a living legend in Louisiana and is better known by his alias; the Duck Commander. He may not look like it, but he played first-string quarterback ahead of football star Terry Bradshaw at Louisiana Tech University in the ’60s. They were both drafted into the NFL but Phil turned it down because it interfered with duck season. Instead he stayed in Louisiana, married his high school sweetheart, Miss Kay, built a house down by the river and together they raised four sons. His love for the outdoors lead him to create the Duck Commander® Duck Call in 1973, which has gone on to become the most trusted duck whistle ever conceived. Duck hunting is so important to Phil that he follows a strict routine of no showering, no shaving, and no clothes washing of any kind during the ten-week season to ensure a bountiful haul.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

Duck Dynasty makes me "Happy Happy Happy.....JACK!" LOL
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Si, Phil, and Miss Kay are my favorites. I don't like Willie.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

On one of the new epsisodes last night Si was wearing a shirt that said "Hey!" LOL
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The family patriarch Phil started making duck calls in the 60s/70s. That turned into a business called Duck Comander and has become a million dollar business.

Phill retired and turned the company over to his sons. Willie is the CEO. (thus the idea that this is a dynasty?)

Somewhere along the way, they started a show called Duck Comander that I THINK was some kind of outdoor show? maybe? Never saw it.

That morphed into a reality show on A&E called Duck Dynasty. It is about the funiest thing on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_c1gQskUhg
LOL, okay thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
One of last night's episodes, Sweating Bullets, was just downright funny! I about fell off the couch laughing when they showed uncle Si sitting in the back of a pickup-turned-kiddie-pool!

The commentary provided by Jase just goes to show that they are not all that "red neck". Very good clean fun.
I like the episode where they made their own Water Park.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I like the episode where they made their own Water Park.
That was the same episode.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
That was the same episode.
Yeah, grandkids tend to interrupt.