Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Re: Maybe I Shouldn't Wait Any Longer...

Jermyn...stop what you're doing and go to BIBLE SCHOOL!!!! You'll have a wife in NO TIME! LOL!!!!!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Jermyn...stop what you're doing and go to BIBLE SCHOOL!!!! You'll have a wife in NO TIME! LOL!!!!!
rofl... so that's what bible school is really for jkjk
Old 01-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Christmas 2009

Worked for me!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
paladin for truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I hear ya!

Just remember, the signs of a possible wife doesn't require a jean skirt and poof.

JD, keep those standards high! She should first be a Christian. A woman with a career is a bonus. RW, do you still have that pic of how a female "Christian astronaut" looks in proper attire?

Last edited by noeticknight; 01-31-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Found my fiancee on www.apostolicsinglesnetwork.com

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeticknight View Post
JD, keep those standards high! She should first be a Christian. A woman with a career is a bonus. RW, do you still have that pic of how a female "Christian astronaut" looks in proper attire?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
WOW!!!

I just disturbed the whole library with my laughter.

Truthfully, I've met four non-Apostolic women who were interested in me, two of them I thought were attractive. However, I did not pursue them because they were not Apostolic.

I was told quite bluntly last Wednesday night by this beautiful Apostolic woman that I would "NEVER" have the opportunity of taking her out to dinner on a date. She actually emphasized "never", repeated "never" and did so in front of our shared friends.

Later she apologized and I told her I forgive her, but it still stings.

I feel so weird at church, like I am so different-- in a bad way. I think it's probably me or maybe even satan trying to discourage me. In a month or so, I should be helping out with the Jail Ministry and I'm excited for the chance to be used by God in this vein. I'm gonna stay focussed on the chance to be used by God.

There was another Apostolic woman, but she let her Dad do her dirty work and had him come tell me that though he respects the fact that I was in the service, she'd rather marry a guy who already has a degree.

There's an Apostolic woman at my church who would let me take her out to dinner, if I was actually attracted to her-- I don't like women noticeably taller than me.

Oh well.

I'm gonna keep striving to live for God and let His power work in my life. He knows the difference between what I want and what I need.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 02-01-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Believe me, I understand almost everything you have said and can empathize. I have witnessed the inner circle of young women in the church, which is a position usually attained by virtue of their daddies. Long before Bravo was doing their show "Real Housewife's of....." we had a real life "Real Apostolic Single Women of....." happening before all of our eyes.
All I can say is that attitude DOES matter. Would you really want to be dating or married to one of these high maintenance catty gals? OK< dating can be fun simple because the other guys can see you with the "prize", but there will never be a happy relationship.

I married a woman who grew in the AoG, she cuts her hair, wears (womens) pants, and has a career. We have no children together. She is just as saved as me and probably more so then half of the people who think she ISN'T because of her hair. Oh yes, she DOES have power in that short(er) blond hair! Hee hee hee
Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Believe me, I understand almost everything you have said and can empathize. I have witnessed the inner circle of young women in the church, which is a position usually attained by virtue of their daddies. Long before Bravo was doing their show "Real Housewife's of....." we had a real life "Real Apostolic Single Women of....." happening before all of our eyes.
All I can say is that attitude DOES matter. Would you really want to be dating or married to one of these high maintenance catty gals? OK< dating can be fun simple because the other guys can see you with the "prize", but there will never be a happy relationship.

I married a woman who grew in the AoG, she cuts her hair, wears (womens) pants, and has a career. We have no children together. She is just as saved as me and probably more so then half of the people who think she ISN'T because of her hair. Oh yes, she DOES have power in that short(er) blond hair! Hee hee hee

I am glad to read about your succesful marriage.

May God continue to bless you and your wife-- even with your own child together, if this is what you desire.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I am glad to read about your succesful marriage.

May God continue to bless you and your wife-- even with your own child together, if this is what you desire.
It is NOT what we desire and if it happened despite my surgery it would be a miracle worth of LS having his evil DNA removed. LOL