Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Why do you insist on reaffirming your ignorance?

And what is the qualitative difference between obedience and submission?

Trinitarians do believe there is only one God, Who is the God of the Old and New Covenants, and His name is Jesus.

What planet are you living on?

Do you see what you've done?

This whole thread up until know you have repeatedly misrepresented the doctrine of the Trinity as a belief in Three Gods. But now that you've finally made the effort to do a bit of research and share something official, you've changed your language to more accurately reflect the quoted source, to "three separate persons".

This whole time, in your mind, and in this thread, you have been conflating the words Gods and persons. This is an error and if you at all wish to win a Trinitarian to your theological views, you need to correct it.

Trinitarians do not believe in three Gods. You insisting they do doesn't make it so.

You didn't give an opinion, you bore false witness. You repeatedly claimed Trinitarians believe in three Gods. This isn't so. Now, maybe you're merely parroting someone else's claim, and the lie didn't begin with you. But I have corrected your misunderstanding several times now, and you refuse to acknowledge your error. This means you are now intentionally, willfully propagating a misrepresentation and falsehood, which makes you guilty.

Get out of your own presumptions and take some time to carefully read the creeds and confessions of orthodox Trinitarians before you spout off. You are not helping the Oneness movement or the cause of Christ unless and until you do.

This is nothing to do with my compassion for humanity, except perhaps for yours, so that you might repent and get right with the Lord over your refusal to accurately reflect the beliefs of others.

And as far as your love for Trinitarians goes, you might ask yourself how much anyone can say they love someone who they continually misrepresent and caricaturize. How much loved might a Trinitarian feel knowing you are lying about what they believe?

Finally, just the same as Oneness, Trinitarians "worship one God in the godhead".

One wonders why you persist in this show of ignorance. Is it pride? Are you so insecure in your understanding and worship of God, that any challenge to how you do that from another source that understands and worships God differently than you has to be distorted and/or parodied so as to create straw men out of their beliefs?

It is mindboggling and I wish it would stop. For your sake, for their sakes, but most of all, for the sake of the Kingdom of our Lord and His Christ.
We could battle in a word game all day. Yet, I’ve spoken to Trinitarians that believe in three separate co equal co eternal gods. Even the Trinitarian on the video I posted called them separate. Then had to clarify his words.

Trinitarians are not like those that believe in one God, the difference is they believe or there doctrine states they believe in 3 divine persons in unity in one godhead. I do not believe in three divine persons that make up the godhead. They believe in God the son, I don’t, I believe in the son of God.