Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Re: Music leaders-- please STOP with te Hillsong m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
That was probably his wife.

So a video of people worshipping God and being touched by the Spirit is discounted because the sound quality wasn't good enough for your speakers?

I'm afraid YOU are exactly what "I'm A Pentecostal" is all about, unfortunately.

Carry on.
So can anyone else actually understand the words she is singing?

All you can say is it was probably his wife? And when he does it at 2 min it SEEMS as if the people get more "in the spirit"! Even if it was his wife that has no place in the praising of God does it? And if it is NOT his wife he should have been sat down and told to repent.

I feel very sorry for this young girl. I hope she is ok and still serving the Lord.

As far as that being a worship style I know it quite well. The first Pentecostal Church I attended was like it only 10 times larger and more intense. More people running the aisles and jumping the pews.

I have enjoyed some of those kinds of meetings but as I said before IMO...its not what moves me to feel closer to God. You have described modern worship music as "garbage" apparently without batting an eye. I will be a bit more charitable about what I see in the video.

Some people think its great! They can probably find what they are looking for easier than I can.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Of course it doesn't "move you". You think worship is about what "moves YOU". Thus you think worship = music, and you only care for music that moves YOU. You worship your own form of worship.

It's fine though. You will never feel at home anywhere but a large over the top charismatic concert. So none of my posts on the subject are actually directed TO you, they are more for the readers.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-29-2020, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Of course it doesn't "move you". You think worship is about what "moves YOU". Thus you think worship = music, and you only care for music that moves YOU. You worship your own form of worship.

It's fine though. You will never feel at home anywhere but a large over the top charismatic concert. So none of my posts on the subject are actually directed TO you, they are more for the readers.
Yea my posts may be more for others as well.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Yea my posts may be more for others as well.

I understand more than ever now why Apostolics are reaching out for a deeper worship experience. Im glad they are. The current "Hillsong" and K LOVE type may not be the answer but to me its at least as good as what came before it.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

OK I will show you what kind of praise and worship I like most being part of. And yes it may be a little hard to hear all the words. This is late 70's early 80's what I will call "old time Charismatic"! It is taken from the ancient cassette tape.

Someone has been uploading Faith Assembly tapes on Youtube for a while now. In those days I was a frequent visitor there. It was a Charismatic Church that baptized in Jesus name and taught very strong faith and holiness. Pastor Hobart Freeman.

This is typical of how the praise and worship went. This is Esaias chance to see how close he was to seeing what I like.

Quote:
Esaias said:

It's fine though. You will never feel at home anywhere but a large over the top charismatic concert.

Remember, this isnt ALL I like. Just what I like the most!

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 05-29-2020 at 08:24 PM.