Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-26-2020, 10:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Merry Christmas to one and all !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
What constitutes one celebrating Christmas?

Im saying this in general, we need balance.
Weren't you claiming earlier that if a person participates in secular psychiatry they invite demons into their life that can even get ahold of people in their general vicinity?

But you also believe that participating in ancient occultic rites of demon worship is okay?

Is that what you call being "spiritual"?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-26-2020, 10:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Why can't the folks defending pagan holy days just point out the Scriptures that support their religious practices? Don't Christians follow the Bible?

Or am I on the wrong forum?
I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Naw. I'll just meditate on the goodness of the Savior. It's OK to do that in late December. He won't get mad. I promise.

Quote:
Show me in Scripture where God commands us not to worship him on a particular day.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Nostradamus1968 it doesn't say The Dean Martin December 25th Album

Old 12-26-2020, 11:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
At the same time, a "feast" to meditate on Christ's birth, death, burial, or resurrection is not prohibited. Thus, to say it is an abomination to do so is illogical, and frankly, is silly.
"Whatever is not prohibited is allowed" in other words. Sounds like Enlightenment "natural lawism".

To the readers: The Bible teaches a principle about worship. It may be called the Authoritative Principle of Worship. The Principle essentially declares that "What is not authorised by Divine Command, Example, or Necessary Inference from Scripture, is prohibited."

The Principle is stated succinctly in Scripture:
Deuteronomy 4:2 KJV
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
God took a people out of bondage and made them His peculiar, Covenanted people. He gave them commandments and taught them how He was to be worshipped. They were forbidden to either add to or subtract from what He had commanded them. In other words, innovation in worship was prohibited by God Himself.

God's people were also specifically forbidden from borrowing foreign religious practices and "adapting" them to the worship of God:
Deuteronomy 12:29-32 KJV
When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land; [30] Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. [31] Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God: for every abomination to the Lord, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. [32] What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
Many would like to think that Jesus abolished the Authoritative rule of Scripture to regulate our worship of God. But neither Jesus nor the apostles ever invalidated God's authority to determine how He is to be worshipped. Jesus did not come into this world in order to free you from God's authority! He came to free you from satan's control, to free you from the bondage of sin. He did NOT come to free you from God!

We have a complete Bible. The teachings of Jesus as relayed by His disciples in what we call the New Testament Scriptures provide the final authoritative interpretation and application of God's Word. The authorised worship of God was progressively revealed from Adam's time in the Garden, through the Sinaitic Covenant, the instruction of David, the applications and interpretations by the Prophets, the reformation under Ezra and Nehemiah, and culminating in the establishing of the New Covenant by Christ Himself. The progression of revelation concerning how we are to relate to God and serve God has been completed. The Scriptures are the CANON, or RULE which God has revealed to mankind.

The Holy Bible is the SOLE AND FINAL AUTHORITY FOR FAITH AND PRACTICE to Christians. Christians are students (disciples) of Jesus Who is the Word incarnate and Who sent forth His followers to make more disciples, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever He instructed His original followers. Those things constitute "the doctrine of Christ". That is to say it is the TEACHING of Christ. Any who claim to be Christians but who do not hold fast and remain faithful to the teaching of Christ are deceived and are not saved:
2 John 1:9 KJV
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
Jesus taught that "man shall live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." That includes the Biblical and Divinely instituted Authoritative Principle of Worship. Innovation in worship is not authorised by Scripture. Individuality is authorised (for example, the particular melodies used for singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, as it is a necessary inference that melody must be used, and as no melody is specified, it is a matter of liberty), but innovation is expressly prohibited (creating new acts of worship or altering Scriptural precepts, or imitating heathen devil worship, for example).

Christmas is not authorised as a special day of worship. It is not only not authorised by God, but it is expressly forbidden by God, as it is undeniably an ancient holy day of the devil worshipping heathen, and all Christmas rites are variations of ancient devil worship. Adapting these ancient occultic satanic rites to give them a Christian veneer is specifically prohibited by God's Word.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 12-26-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:30 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I can't help but thinking that all the craziness of Christmas is idolatry to the point of legalism. Like It's ok to incorporate paganism into a holiday while labeling those who worship on biblical holy days legalistic.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I can't help but thinking that all the craziness of Christmas is idolatry to the point of legalism. Like It's ok to incorporate paganism into a holiday while labeling those who worship on biblical holy days legalistic.
What blows my mind is people actually believe God wants people to avoid doing what the Bible says and instead He wants them to imitate the world.

Makes me wonder just who their "god" actually is...

Old 12-26-2020, 11:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Waiting for someone to bring up Romans 14 in 3... 2... 1...

Old 12-26-2020, 11:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Waiting for someone to bring up Romans 14 in 3... 2... 1...
But I'll probably turn blue and pass out from waiting since the baalmass crowd doesn't bother with Scripture it seems...

Old 12-27-2020, 05:05 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Would you mind quoting where I ever advocated for a Boston Tea Party or shooting people?

I have an MA in History, so I think I know a little something. Randon acts of violence and vandalism committed by the Sons of Liberty included not only the Tea Party but also included actually KILLING innocent British trade officials. These acts were CONDEMNED by the likes of John Adams who was at odds with his cousin Samuel Adams over such acts.

I do advocate for a well-regulated militia in every State, that, like the Colonial Militias, will continue to stress loyalty to the U.S. Government until such a time arises that independence is the only option. Sadly, history might repeat itself. There may be occasions where militia firing on Federal Troops will be necessary. Remember, that during the first couple of years of full-blown armed conflict during the Revolution, the aim of the Colonials was not independence, but simply maintaining their rights under English and Natural Law. Independence was the last resort and should be viewed the same now. Nevertheless, armed conflict to maintain our constitutional republican form of government is inevitable.
You do know that firepower has changed through the ages?
That a militia firing on federal troops is semi automatics vs armored equipment and helicopters?
Old 12-27-2020, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
No, it's more like the more you post the more you disprove your position.
Nope, I was simply pointing out that "feasts," as such, are not instituted by the Apostles. But if one chooses to set aside a day to celebrate a particular Biblical event, there is no Apostolic prohibition against it, either. Of course, you knew what I was saying but felt the need to misrepresent me. I know you are not my enemy, but you really should treat your friends better.