Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-20-2021, 10:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
They are part of the first resurrection, sir.
Sean, if you want to be Mr Helper, you need to tell me where did they go?
That was what I asked.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:31 AM
Banned

Rene.

Anyway, they are now here in the invisible realm....

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike what happened to the many who were in the graves and came out after Jesus' resurrection? We are told they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many. Who were they, and what happened to them? Matthew 27:52-53
Why have I never thought of this before?

I have a theory that they went on to live their lives and die again.

But now I need to think about it.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike what happened to the many who were in the graves and came out after Jesus' resurrection? We are told they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many. Who were they, and what happened to them? Matthew 27:52-53
Why is it you never answer my questions you just ask me more?

You tell us who are WE? If Jesus came in 70ad and resurrected the saints who were asleep and "raptured" or "caught up" the living and they all went back to Heaven who are WE?

What relevance has the New Covenant laid out by Christ and the apostles that we find in the Bible have for whoever we are? The saints it was written to in the first century have already taken their residence in Heaven.

So here we are apparently way past the 1000 year reign that occurred after 70ad.

Who are we?

Answer me and I will answer you.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Matt 27: 52-53

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Quote:
Ronnie

A good theory IMO. The answer to Doms question.

Either they went to Heaven with Jesus to enjoy immortality, believed by immortal soulists:

Or.....like you said they went into Jerusalem as a sign bearing witness to Christs resurrection. I mean there were 3000 almost immediately converted! This was multiplied in short time They saw amazing wonders!

They could have went back to sleep right away OR lived for a while then died again.

One thing is CERTAIN according to Paul. They did die again. How do we know?

1 Tim. 6: 14-16
Quote:
14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Apostle Paul knew the truth. He said JESUS ONLY.......has immortality!

That means when Paul wrote to Timothy many years after the events of Christs resurrection HE BELIEVED no one else was immortal.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-21-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post

That event happened before the book of Matthew was completed, for obvious reasons. That event happened while Matthew was alive, and he was still on earth after that, to tell the story.

That resurrection is not mentioned in any Epistle. Therefore, you can assume that they are not related to the salvation of the church, and by implication, their resurrection into eternal life. Nothing in the Epistles is connected to a past saints resurrection into eternal life.

Some say they were the saints of the old testament, which it is kind of a stretch, and very hard to give solid arguments for it. I heard of somebody connecting it to Ez 37:12-14, and then to Acts 2:38. Maybe. The most plausible theory is that they were just godly people resurrected as Lazarus was.

Brother, just to warn you, this forum could confuse you tremendously. I highly recommend that, if you haven't done it before, you study carefully hermeneutics and some rhetoric as well, in order to evaluate what they say in this forum. Also, remember this are not formal debates, so the person that it is actually right regarding what it is the actual truth, may not be spending a significant amount of time to engage fully with errors here and express their arguments thoroughly.

Last edited by coksiw; 01-21-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
That event happened before the book of Matthew was completed, for obvious reasons. That event happened while Matthew was alive, and he was still on earth after that, to tell the story.

That resurrection is not mentioned in any Epistle. Therefore, you can assume that they are not related to the salvation of the church, and by implication, their resurrection into eternal life. Nothing in the Epistles is connected to a past saints resurrection into eternal life.

Some say they were the saints of the old testament, which it is kind of a stretch, and very hard to give solid arguments for it. I heard of somebody connecting it to Ez 37:12-14, and then to Acts 2:38. Maybe. The most plausible theory is that they were just godly people resurrected as Lazarus was.

Brother, just to warn you, this forum could confuse you tremendously. I highly recommend that, if you haven't done it before, you study carefully hermeneutics and some rhetoric as well, in order to evaluate what they say in this forum. Also, remember this are not formal debates, so the person that it is actually right regarding what it is the actual truth, may not be spending a significant amount of time to engage fully with errors here and express their arguments thoroughly.

Herman who? 😂😉
Old 01-21-2021, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post

Thank you. Without a doubt, this forum has HUGE latitude in views.

My point being is, I am inclined to believe we sleep when we die, until resurrection. Therefore the dead that rose were neither robbed of paradise nor given a sentence commutation from hell. It was like they woke up from a nap (albeit a rather traumatizingly odd one).

Otherwise, a man born for eternal life was now restored to a position in which he could lose it, or pulled from flames from which would be guaranteed to avoid it.

Unless of course, this was some kind of "first fruits" thing, but that isn't my concern. My concern is me, my family, and those I can reach today.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Ronnie

Quote:
My point being is, I am inclined to believe we sleep when we die, until resurrection.
A heavyweight point indeed. The resurrection is one of the most important truths.

And IF it be true it eliminates the entire scheme of "preterism".
Old 01-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
Thank you. Without a doubt, this forum has HUGE latitude in views.

My point being is, I am inclined to believe we sleep when we die, until resurrection. Therefore the dead that rose were neither robbed of paradise nor given a sentence commutation from hell. It was like they woke up from a nap (albeit a rather traumatizingly odd one).

Otherwise, a man born for eternal life was now restored to a position in which he could lose it, or pulled from flames from which would be guaranteed to avoid it.

Unless of course, this was some kind of "first fruits" thing, but that isn't my concern. My concern is me, my family, and those I can reach today.
As an interesting fact, Pharisees used to believe that the spirit of a dead person lingers close to its body for three days, so there was a chance of somebody coming back to life within three days according to them. It could probably be the reason why Jesus waited four days to resurrect Lazarus: just to leave no doubts.