Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
upci

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:16 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,803
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post
According to website general conference 2015 is in Nashville.
Wow, I was all kinds of wrong with that post. The NAYC is in OKC and you're right, the GC is in Nashville this year. Wow!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:18 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,803
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

I know they had GC in St. Louis for a few years, and I had heard they were going to keep it there because it's expensive for the UPC HQ.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM
aegsm76 aegsm76 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,121
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Wow, I was all kinds of wrong with that post. The NAYC is in OKC and you're right, the GC is in Nashville this year. Wow!
NAYC sold out in about 6 hours.
__________________
If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under - Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:22 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,803
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

2015 - Nashville, TN
2016 - Indianapolis, IN
2017 - Kansas City, MO

Glad they're back to rotating GC in different states. Too bad it isn't closer to the west coast. I'd love to go to another GC. I haven't been to one since the one here in Phx back in 2002.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:24 PM
amh's Avatar
amh amh is offline
Young Theologian


 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: in the Woods
Posts: 137
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post
The only reason I plan on going is because it's gonna be about 10 mins away from were I live... otherwise I could in no way afford to go.

My church is taking a group to NAYC for better cost effectiveness and I'm still not 100% sure I can afford to go to that.
I'm excited for NAYC this year. It'll be my first. Have you gone before?
__________________
former apostolic autistic psychopath 💗

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:26 PM
amh's Avatar
amh amh is offline
Young Theologian


 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: in the Woods
Posts: 137
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
2015 - Nashville, TN
2016 - Indianapolis, IN
2017 - Kansas City, MO

Glad they're back to rotating GC in different states. Too bad it isn't closer to the west coast. I'd love to go to another GC. I haven't been to one since the one here in Phx back in 2002.
I think they try to keep it closer to the Bible Belt lol
__________________
former apostolic autistic psychopath 💗

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:27 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,803
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
NAYC sold out in about 6 hours.
I read about that, that was awesome! NAYC still packs out the arenas.

My first NAYC was in Kansas City, MO. I've been to a couple in Nashville and IIRC there was one in Little Rock, AR.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM
amh's Avatar
amh amh is offline
Young Theologian


 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: in the Woods
Posts: 137
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I read about that, that was awesome! NAYC still packs out the arenas.

My first NAYC was in Kansas City, MO. I've been to a couple in Nashville and IIRC there was one in Little Rock, AR.
How have your NAYC experiences been? Like I said, this year will be my first.
__________________
former apostolic autistic psychopath 💗

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:52 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,803
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
How have your NAYC experiences been? Like I said, this year will be my first.
It's an incredible experience. I sat down on the floor, close to the front for the Kansas City NAYC. I remember Jerry Jones preached and no one (at least not on the floor) sat down the entire message.

Anthony Mangun preached a message at an NAYC in Indianapolis, IN one year and told story I won't forget about a young man named Robby.

The Nashville NAYC's were great as well.

The best part of GC's or NAYC's is being able to meet and make friends with other Oneness Pentecostals.

I don't know what it's like now with the pre-registration and assigned seating, but if you can help it, don't sit too far up in the bleachers. Sit as close as you can to the front. Too many distractions with people walking in and out the further back you get.

Last edited by n david; 04-02-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:59 PM
amh's Avatar
amh amh is offline
Young Theologian


 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: in the Woods
Posts: 137
Re: When was the first North American Youth Congre

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It's an incredible experience. I sat down on the floor, close to the front for the Kansas City NAYC. I remember Jerry Jones preached and no one (at least not on the floor) sat down the entire message.

Anthony Mangun preached a message at an NAYC in Indianapolis, IN one year and told story I won't forget about a young man named Robby.

The Nashville NAYC's were great as well.

The best part of GC's or NAYC's is being able to meet and make friends with other Oneness Pentecostals.

I don't know what it's like now with the pre-registration and assigned seating, but if you can help it, don't sit too far up in the bleachers. Sit as close as you can to the front. Too many distractions with people walking in and out the further back you get.
That sounds great! Hopefully mine will be good too.

My church has the best secretary ever so I don't have to worry about any of the seating. We already registered for premium seating!
__________________
former apostolic autistic psychopath 💗

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPF's Youth Congress? Sept5SavedTeen WPF News 24 05-22-2008 06:27 PM
WPF Youth Congress Gone Rocker ??? SDG The D.A.'s Office 102 03-28-2008 04:08 PM
Youth Congress Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 12 08-29-2007 01:44 PM
15th Biennial North American Youth Congress Daily Report deacon blues Fellowship Hall 74 08-15-2007 12:48 AM
National Youth Congress - You going?? SDG The D.A.'s Office 103 07-25-2007 10:44 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.