Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
casual, church, cuff links, dress, gold, jcm, jeans, preacher, standards, suit, unhappy, white shirt, work

Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
There are those who were raised in Christendom and instead of leaning from the Holy Ghost, they learned all the angles of actors and how to get promoted by stealth and using their attire and mannerisms to proceed forward.

They go beyond the suits and ties and in their wake is nothing but churches and preachers who were left behind because the opportunists never received the glory that their pride needed. They don't have to wear suits, they don't have to shine their shoes. They are actors, and friends and brothers are just rungs in their ladder to the top.

Jesus knows all and he can look through their suits and coverings that may fool some but never fool God.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

www.IfAmericansKnew.com

I proclaim this POST OF THE DAY!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post

I proclaim this POST OF THE DAY!!!
Thank you Sister, the Lord bless your heart.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Steadfast

After the hurricane, before we got our old sanctuary fixed up enough to call it 'Church', we came every midweek service in 'casual' attire. Frankly, we didn't know what might happen as we were having to move furniture in and out every service, shift instruments around as water leaked at any given place and moved a 'makeshift' platform in and out every service.

For that reason we came in 'casual' on midweek services and - after a while - it took a toll on our services. Things became FAR too 'casual' in our services and it almost felt like people were scattered and not remotely focused. I had a meeting with our leaders and we ALL came in dressed for 'Church' and within two weeks our midweek was as powerful as our Sunday nights.

Not sure about all the dynamics of 'casual vs. dressy' but I do know this much... it absolutely can affect your services in a negative way after a while.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
After the hurricane, before we got our old sanctuary fixed up enough to call it 'Church', we came every midweek service in 'casual' attire. Frankly, we didn't know what might happen as we were having to move furniture in and out every service, shift instruments around as water leaked at any given place and moved a 'makeshift' platform in and out every service.

For that reason we came in 'casual' on midweek services and - after a while - it took a toll on our services. Things became FAR too 'casual' in our services and it almost felt like people were scattered and not remotely focused. I had a meeting with our leaders and we ALL came in dressed for 'Church' and within two weeks our midweek was as powerful as our Sunday nights.

Not sure about all the dynamics of 'casual vs. dressy' but I do know this much... it absolutely can affect your services in a negative way after a while.
Some outstanding points. Casual attire could lead to casual mindsets
Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Turner View Post
It has been my experience that if ministers don't wear suits and ties to church, they are labeled as "liberal"?

Is this the case anywhere else? If so, why?
It is really, really sad that this is even a topic worthy of discussion.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
It is really, really sad that this is even a topic worthy of discussion.
What was the topic?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I like (personally) for myself & especially Ministers to wear a suit to Church.
Wearing a Suit speaks to me of respect & professionalism.

Wearing anything less, while not being sin speaks also of treating the house of God, His Kingdom, & the work of God in general with a "casual" treatment.

I must be old school!!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
When I dress casual, I act casual, when I dress professional, I act professional.
When I dressed as a clown for our SS Picnic I acted like a......

Simple really.
Right you are.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator

So church is where we go to "act professional?" I rather prefer services that are distinctively unprofessional.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

To minister here a preacher must wear suit and tie. The men who lead the service are required to wear a dress shirt and tie.