Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mandatory Flu Vaccine

I see there is a library job close to me that I am perfectly qualified for just opened up. Maybe it's not a coincidence. Between my eyes bothering me so much and this flu shot thing, maybe I need to consider this.....

I am getting good grades, by the way. Just thought I'd point that out. However, I am not sure I can keep up the studying.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=BeenThinkin;1190663]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post

For other things like Hepatitis and Rubella I had titers done to see what my immune status is and it's fine... so not taking those either.

Uh, should I show my ignorance? Nah! Yea! I will, so I can sleep tonight! What is titers? Just asking!

Been Thinkin
It's a test they do to test immunity. I had titers done for my MMR since I had them as a kid because I was not signing up for more vaccines even though it cost me more to get the titers done.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=ILG;1190665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post

It's a test they do to test immunity. I had titers done for my MMR since I had them as a kid because I was not signing up for more vaccines even though it cost me more to get the titers done.

Thank you ILG. Now I can sleep tonight!

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
sure we know how high a level it is

First of all here is what THEY said (what was left out)

"The amount of chemical additives found in vaccines is very small"

"A. Aluminum is the most common metal found in nature. It is
present in the water we drink, the air we breathe and the food we eat."

"A. During the first 6 months of life, infants could receive about
4 milligrams of aluminum from vaccines. That’s not very much:
a milligram is one-thousandth of a gram and a gram is the weight
of one-fifth of a teaspoon of water. During the same period,
babies will also receive about 10 milligrams of aluminum in
breast milk, about 40 milligrams in infant formula, or about 120
milligrams in soy-based formula."

It adds VERY LITTLE. Ok, if your worried about it, don't have a cheese burger that day.

"A. Most of the aluminum that enters the body is eliminated
quickly. Though all of the aluminum present in vaccines enters
the bloodstream, less than 1 percent of aluminum present in food
is absorbed through the intestines into the blood. Either way,
most of the aluminum in the bloodstream is immediately bound
by a protein called transferrin, which carries aluminum to the
kidneys where it is eliminated from the body
. About 50 percent
of aluminum in vaccines or in food is eliminated in less than
24 hours; 85 percent is eliminated in two weeks and 96 percent
is eliminated in three years. The ability of the body to rapidly
eliminate aluminum accounts for its excellent record of safety
."
You know what? I don't care what you or "they" say about the "small risk" of flu vaccines...or any vaccine for that matter.

First of all, back in 1976-77 flu season, people took the swine flu shot and many had such adverse reactions ranging from your 'minor local reactions' to Guillian-Barre syndrome to death.

My neighbor took that new swine flu vaccine a couple years ago and nearly died from those "minor" reactions you posted. The doctor said his near-death was caused by the body's reaction to the shot.

My niece's son was completely fine...until he took required vaccines..then slid into the broad labeling of "autism".

Secondly, I left nothing out. That is why I posted the link for people to read for themselves what "they" say about vaccines. It is up to the reader to read all of it if they want to know, not to wait until someone posts the entire article. And it is up to people to do further research and not blindly accept the word of anybody on any subject.

Are you a healthcare worker? If not, then there are many things that you have not seen..and are not broadcasted when people's health goes south from unintended consequences of medical science. I have seen things from times past from my time working in the hospital that I could never ever post on these forums because truth is stranger than fiction.

Aluminum is not the only substance they inject into the body. Mercury and antibiotics are also harmful substances to people.

Look at our children who are forced to have an estimated 64 vaccines before they become adults. And they do it without fully understanding what the long-term consequences are.

According to this article:

However, a growing number of physicians, scientists and parents maintain that thimerosal has played, and continues to play a large role in contributing to the emergence of multiple chronic illnesses in children and adults, including the neurological spectrum disorders. Aluminum, which is present in the environment and in many childhood vaccines, may be affecting the health of our children in ways that we have yet to understand.

and

In 1996, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued a position paper on Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children which stated in the first paragraph, “Aluminum is now being implicated as interfering with a variety of cellular and metabolic processes in the nervous system and in other tissues.[3]

A review of the medical literature on aluminum reveals a surprising lack of scientific evidence that injected aluminum is safe. There is limited understanding of what happens to children when aluminum is injected into their bodies, including whether or not it accumulates in tissues and organs or is properly eliminated from the body. It is also unknown if genetic factors affect long term adverse health outcomes for those injected with aluminum containing vaccines.

and

What is even more concerning is the lack of accepted scientific data explaining whether injected aluminum interacts with other vaccine ingredients to cause harm to our children. Boyd Haley, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky completed lab experiments showing the damaging effects on nerve cells when he exposed them to aluminum, especially in the presence of other vaccine ingredients like mercury, formaldehyde, and the antibiotic neomycin.[6] [7] His data, however, have been ignored by the scientific, medical and governmental institutions making vaccine policies.[8] The scientific community needs to be doing these experiments in the lab before shooting kids with these ingredients and declaring unequivocal vaccine safety for all children.

Read the entire article here lest I be accused of 'leaving out' somethings.

http://www.nvic.org/doctors-corner/A...gredients.aspx

Now in addition to all these other vaccines, they want to inject our children yearly with flu vaccines? ...and some of them takes a series of two or three like that swine flu vaccine did a few years back.

Lastly, you are assuming that aluminum in the vaccine is all the aluminum we ever ingest. Aluminum is in most all processed foods. Even in baking powder and self-rising flour. Aluminum has no known benefit to the human body whatsoever. Why is it even in our foods? Start reading labels people.

According to this site:http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/165315-overview

Approximately 95% of an aluminum load becomes bound to transferrin and albumin intravascularly and is then eliminated renally. In healthy subjects, only 0.3% of orally administered aluminum is absorbed via the GI tract and the kidneys effectively eliminate aluminum from the human body. It is only when the GI barrier is bypassed, such as intravenous infusion or in the presence of advanced renal dysfunction, that aluminum has the potential to accumulate. As an example, with intravenously infused aluminum, 40% is retained in adults and up to 75% is retained in neonates.[4]

Mayor et al suggested that parathyroid hormone may increase intestinal absorption of aluminum.[5]

Up to this time, no biological function has been attributed to this metal, and, more importantly, aluminum accumulation in tissues and organs results in their dysfunction and toxicity.[2] Aluminum is absorbed from the GI tract in the form of oral phosphate-binding agents (aluminum hydroxide), parenterally via immunizations, via dialysate on patients on dialysis or total parenteral nutrition (TPN) contamination, via the urinary mucosa through bladder irrigation, and transdermally in antiperspirants. Lactate, citrate, and ascorbate all facilitate GI absorption. If a significant load exceeds the body's excretory capacity, the excess is deposited in various tissues, including bone, brain, liver, heart, spleen, and muscle. This accumulation causes morbidity and mortality through various mechanisms.
<end>

So according to this website, not all aluminum is safely excreted out of the body. If a neonate's body (premature infants) do not have the capacity to excrete but only 25% of aluminum, that means that baby's body is storing the aluminum in the tissues, bone, brain, liver, heart, spleen and muscles.

And if full grown adults retain 40% of what is injected, eaten or absorbed by dermal means (antiperspirant through the skin and lymph nodes under the arm), then toxic buildup is there.

Last edited by AreYouReady?; 09-26-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

http://safety.blr.com/workplace-safe...ory-Flu-Vacci/
Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Thanks AYR, for posting all of that. It seems so logical to me that everyone should have a personal choice. Being mandated to take a vaccine just crosses a line with me. I haven't made a complete choice yet but I know which way I am leaning and it makes me tired just thinking about it. Sigh.

Oh, and you know all those articles about the nursing shortage and all that? Well, surprise. Since I started nursing school, I have been informed there is actually a glut. Since the recession, nurses have been going back to work and not retiring and part-timers have been becoming full-timers. That was one of my big reasons for going to school and getting into this field.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Redneck for Him.

It's a vaccine, not a choice.

I'm copyrighting that.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

You are welcome ILG. I post this because those who sell those vaccines don't want you to know the 'studies behind the scenes'. They are deliberately keeping people ignorant so they cannot make a fully informed choice.

Like you, I believe that people should not be made to ingest, be injected or have any procedures on their body done against their will.

The nursing schools in this region is so full that people are going through two years of academics waiting on opening seats in the nursing schools. Either the hospitals are wanting an overabundance of nurses in their picking pool so that the wages are driven down, or they are anticipating a lot of sickness in the future as baby boomers age.

I remember when I was working in the hospital, the other workers were going to Memphis to work on their days off because back then, contract work paid $40/hour for nurses. Memphis was in short supply for nurses that they would pay that ...and more.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
You are welcome ILG. I post this because those who sell those vaccines don't want you to know the 'studies behind the scenes'. They are deliberately keeping people ignorant so they cannot make a fully informed choice.

Like you, I believe that people should not be made to ingest, be injected or have any procedures on their body done against their will.

The nursing schools in this region is so full that people are going through two years of academics waiting on opening seats in the nursing schools. Either the hospitals are wanting an overabundance of nurses in their picking pool so that the wages are driven down, or they are anticipating a lot of sickness in the future as baby boomers age.

I remember when I was working in the hospital, the other workers were going to Memphis to work on their days off because back then, contract work paid $40/hour for nurses. Memphis was in short supply for nurses that they would pay that ...and more.
Yeah, the pay can be very good. That was another one of my thoughts for nursing school because my husband has had cancer twice and I am trying to think of how to make a living if need be. This is very hard for me in this situation. I have given all of this a lot of thought and I had a few discussions with my husband about the flu vaccine prior to nursing school but since I could sign off, that is what I chose to do figuring I would look for a facility that would allow me to work without it later on. Now they are forcing my hand, or trying to. I'm emotionally very worn out about this right now.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Cleatus View Post
It's a vaccine, not a choice.

I'm copyrighting that.
Well it's funny how with abortion a woman has a right to choose what to do with "her" body but in this case a health care worker doesn't.