Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1411  
Old 10-18-2014, 02:06 PM
MarcBee MarcBee is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

the Lord cometh...to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of ..all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words.
Sura 5:72,
Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah (Jesus) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.>>

And there we have it, Flamingoword, proof from the Holy Word that both you and I are destined for the abode of Fire: I as the wrongdoer, and you as the disbeliever. The Holy Text dictated directly to The Messenger of God (PBUH) is obviously more believable than somehow-inspired texts that then had to be reconstructed and collated from pieces of manuscripts (not one of them original) scattered across the centuries and across three continents. Apparently the reconstruction process continues today, some bible verses still being jiggered with ("improved upon) by someone among us here on AFF! So, see you there! I'm believing that the god will be merciful and allow each of us one ice cream cone, to last a few licks anyhow.

__________________
_______________________________________

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.


Last edited by MarcBee; 10-18-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1412  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
I am glad certain people do believe in their version of their god, . . .
Got a warning for saying pretty much this on CARM, once. A believer said "If this is all there is [i.e., there is no afterlife etc.], then there is not reason to better anything. There is only reason to grab everything you can (pleasure, power, and wealth) while you live, no matter what means must be used or what the cost might be in human terms because all of life's endeavors would be in vain."

I replied with encouragement to continue in his beliefs, and he asked if I was advocating the practice of religion. I said "For you, definitely." Someone had to explain my post very clearly (thought it was obvious, myself), which I endorsed, and, well, that was an "insult", turns out.
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1413  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

Which reminds me of a plaque I saw on someone's wall (real wall, in their house ) with this scripture:

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2

Seems a funny thing to be so proud of that you put it on a plaque! I mean come on. That's why you should be good to strangers? Because they might be angels?
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1414  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:20 PM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Timmy Talk


Hi, T!
Reply With Quote
  #1415  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

Mike, I'd still like to know if there will be people in hell who didn't deserve it.
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1416  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:35 PM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Timmy Talk

(Yikes-lob a couple grenades at a guy, and he puts you on ignore forever!)
I must owe you an apology, T. I know I can be pretty abrasive. Sorry if I got condescending.
Reply With Quote
  #1417  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:42 PM
MarcBee MarcBee is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Which reminds me of a plaque I saw on someone's wall (real wall, in their house ) with this scripture:

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2

Seems a funny thing to be so proud of that you put it on a plaque! I mean come on. That's why you should be good to strangers? Because they might be angels?
Ya, we discussed that point here, not long ago. The point is probably as lost now as it was then, at least to the superstitious mind, which is a prerequisite in order to have any kind of faith-based worldview. It's no doubt an honor to imagine having fed a "Str-angel" even if the strangel never did reveal himself, herself, itself.

(Smacks head, "I coulda had a V8!")

__________________
_______________________________________

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Reply With Quote
  #1418  
Old 10-19-2014, 02:24 PM
FlamingZword's Avatar
FlamingZword FlamingZword is offline
Yeshua is God


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,158
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
Ya, we discussed that point here, not long ago. The point is probably as lost now as it was then, at least to the superstitious mind, which is a prerequisite in order to have any kind of faith-based worldview. It's no doubt an honor to imagine having fed a "Str-angel" even if the strangel never did reveal himself, herself, itself.

(Smacks head, "I coulda had a V8!")

I amazed by your propensity to rush in where angels fear to thread.

It seems like a fly that just can not resist the light of the zapper you just can not resist flying into your own destruction.

As time goes by you are just going deeper and deeper.
Reply With Quote
  #1419  
Old 10-19-2014, 02:55 PM
MarcBee MarcBee is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
I amazed by your propensity to rush in where angels fear to thread.

It seems like a fly that just can not resist the light of the zapper you just can not resist flying into your own destruction.

As time goes by you are just going deeper and deeper.
Ah, more predictions. Can you show any evidence concerning your metaphorical zapper? I fully understand how that if one cannot tackle the real issues about knowledge-based reality, you are forced to rely on theology instead. Muslims and Mormons do exactly the same, with the same force and same level of belief. But theology is neither evidence nor truth. A real god could have done something, anything to change that fact!

Deeper and deeper, you say? "All faith based religions arise from (and are believed by) superstitious minds." I can't imagine going any deeper than saying that! The rest of what I say here are examples and applications of the same, much of it visible every day.

__________________
_______________________________________

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Reply With Quote
  #1420  
Old 10-19-2014, 03:47 PM
BrotherEastman's Avatar
BrotherEastman BrotherEastman is offline
uncharismatic conservative maverick


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,356
Re: Timmy Talk

we should call this thread 2 atheists and a Muslim, lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AFF Press Conference: Timmy Talks Hoovie Fellowship Hall 124 07-09-2009 04:13 PM
Happy Birthday Timmy! rgcraig Fellowship Hall 18 06-18-2009 09:03 PM
Timmy, Proof of the inspiration of the scriptures mizpeh Fellowship Hall 1 06-15-2009 01:20 PM
For Timmy Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 17 01-21-2009 04:05 PM
>>> Sure Is A Lot Of Talk...<<< Pastor Baird Fellowship Hall 12 03-20-2007 12:18 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.