Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
apostolic, atheist, conservative, fear, obama

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,433
Re: The President is the Boogey-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
God bless you Jermyn. I mean that. However, this nonstop defensive posture for Obama to me is indicative that you know he's in trouble for 2010 and 2012. I wish BO well, I want him to be successful as president. Even though you want to root for your favorite college football team, when the coach benches the whole first string offense (free market principles) and replaces them with second tier players (socialism) so that in the end we don't really win the game (capitalism) but merely get to enjoy a defensive struggle where no one scores, wins or becomes champion (redistribution, class envy)---well I'm gonna be screaming at the TV that the university needs to fire the guy!

I want my team to win, but we need a coaching change!
POTD!!!!!


Excellent analogy, Deacon!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,739
Re: The President is the Boogey-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
God bless you Jermyn. I mean that. However, this nonstop defensive posture for Obama to me is indicative that you know he's in trouble for 2010 and 2012. I wish BO well, I want him to be successful as president. Even though you want to root for your favorite college football team, when the coach benches the whole first string offense (free market principles) and replaces them with second tier players (socialism) so that in the end we don't really win the game (capitalism) but merely get to enjoy a defensive struggle where no one scores, wins or becomes champion (redistribution, class envy)---well I'm gonna be screaming at the TV that the university needs to fire the guy!

I want my team to win, but we need a coaching change!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,739
Re: The President is the Boogey-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Welcome to Socialism 101, today Professor Davidson will explain why the growth of government is good for the economy.

Questions we will answer in this course:

1. How does the government create wealth?

2. Why it is important to take from those with jobs and give to those without?

3. Why it is necessary for the government to redistribute the wealth?

4. Why it is necessary for the government to confiscate your inheritance?

5. Why everyone else should pay for your education?

6. Why 40% of the population can and should support the other 60% either through federal jobs or through federal giveaways.

When you are done with this course you should be able to:

1. Explain why Capitalism is evil.

2. Explain how eminent domain can be used to confiscate property for the state by redefining public use.

3. Explain why the Fairness Doctrine is necessary to promote government ideas and silence any opposition.

4. Explain why wealth is only good if it is being redistributed.
For Bonus points, you can state whether or not you voted for BHO and if the vote was agreement with BHO's policies, race or simply to be included in the "historic" election.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,433
Re: The President is the Boogey-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Welcome to Socialism 101, today Professor Davidson will explain why the growth of government is good for the economy.

Questions we will answer in this course:

1. How does the government create wealth?

2. Why it is important to take from those with jobs and give to those without?

3. Why it is necessary for the government to redistribute the wealth?

4. Why it is necessary for the government to confiscate your inheritance?

5. Why everyone else should pay for your education?

6. Why 40% of the population can and should support the other 60% either through federal jobs or through federal giveaways.

When you are done with this course you should be able to:

1. Explain why Capitalism is evil.

2. Explain how eminent domain can be used to confiscate property for the state by redefining public use.

3. Explain why the Fairness Doctrine is necessary to promote government ideas and silence any opposition.

4. Explain why wealth is only good if it is being redistributed.
Excellent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
For Bonus points, you can state whether or not you voted for BHO and if the vote was agreement with BHO's policies, race or simply to be included in the "historic" election.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Digging4Truth's Avatar
Digging4Truth Digging4Truth is offline
Still Figuring It Out.


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,858
Re: The President is the Boogey-Man!

An equally true edit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Whatever you do kids, don't turn off the lights!

The Conservative President is going to getcha!!!

Liberals who breed this mindset are Godless.


They demonize a man with their embellishing criticisms.

In this, they void their own faith in the Almighty God, the sustainer of our Nation. They reveal their lack of faith in their Creator.

Truly, their faith is in their money and in human institutions. They only worship the tangible god of their own making. In doing such, they have become Godless.

When their money and institutions are threatened, you see their Godlessness through their fears.

Their words and actions portray their fears.

So they pass on their God-denying fears to you in an effort to get you to worship at the same fountain of bitter water.


Drink if you want-- then you too will be Godless.


Just when you thought there was no such thing as an atheist Apostolic.
Ditto for both sides.

Neither can see the forest for the trees.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Obama/ Vice President Biden? TRFrance Political Talk 20 08-23-2008 12:35 AM
Who's Your Next President? 1Corinth2v4 Political Talk 283 05-24-2008 08:23 PM
Uh-Oh !! President Hillary Clinton? ... President Barack Obama? TRFrance Political Talk 18 01-14-2008 02:02 PM
Our Next President Sam Fellowship Hall 5 06-28-2007 02:37 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.