Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
culture, emo, iraq, murdered, teens

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-25-2012, 05:38 PM
AncientPaths's Avatar
AncientPaths AncientPaths is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
When you live in that society, you had better watch the line. If gang colors were black and blue, and the cops shot them on sight, I would be wearing bright red and yellow (somewhat tic).
Probably shouldn't be a Christian either, then. Just to play it safe
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Apostolic Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,417
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPaths View Post
Probably shouldn't be a Christian either, then. Just to play it safe


I was making a comparative analogy to the style of attiring one's self. The issue of religion is an entirely different topic.


Btw, in the churches that I have been around, it would have been the pastor's kid who would have been subject to the gossip and/or blamed for the saints' children going that way. (Fascinating contradictory stereotypes: Preachers' kids are either angels or devils with no middle ground except within their own families. This is also a slightly stereotypical remark but far more true than many wish to admit.)
__________________
I am an Apostolic Pentecostal. Apostolic in teaching, and Pentecostal in experience.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Jermyn Davidson's Avatar
Jermyn Davidson Jermyn Davidson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In His Hands
Posts: 13,911
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
Well? In some churches this could and probably has happened exactly like Free at Last posted.

Let someone in the church suddenly die their hair black, get some facial piercings, ring their eyes with eyeliner and mascara, and wear black clothes. I know that the churches around here would definitely be abuzz about it....unless you happen to be the pastor's kid.

Well, in Iraq te citizens their supposedly have the freedom, established by their Constitution, to don the EMO look and attire, if they want to.

Isn't that, in part, was one of the sought after goals for our fighting for and liberating Iraq from the oppresive Hussein regime?


Aren't you glad that in America you are able to walk wherever you want, dressed however you want, and be completely safe-- protected by a Constitution that guarantees freedom of expression, liberty and justice for all?

Aren't you glad that you don't have to look over your shoulder when you go out public, nervous simply because you are dressed a certain way that makes others uncomfortable to the point that they attack and kill you?

Aren't you glad that stuff only happens in uneducated 3rd world countries and not in the America we know and love today?
__________________
"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
AreYouReady? AreYouReady? is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,600
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Well, in Iraq te citizens their supposedly have the freedom, established by their Constitution, to don the EMO look and attire, if they want to.

Isn't that, in part, was one of the sought after goals for our fighting for and liberating Iraq from the oppresive Hussein regime?


Aren't you glad that in America you are able to walk wherever you want, dressed however you want, and be completely safe-- protected by a Constitution that guarantees freedom of expression, liberty and justice for all?

Aren't you glad that you don't have to look over your shoulder when you go out public, nervous simply because you are dressed a certain way that makes others uncomfortable to the point that they attack and kill you?

Aren't you glad that stuff only happens in uneducated 3rd world countries and not in the America we know and love today?
Hmmm...are you yelling at me or just trying to make a point for everyone to see?

If you are making a point, I get it.

There is a city near me that is banning droopy, baggy pants. The police chief came right out and said this:

"Police Chief Tony *****, who did not lobby for the ordinance, admitted it would be difficult to enforce. He did, however, say it would give officers another valid reason to stop people and engage them. That encounter could then reveal other violations, like public intoxication or drug possession".

Now in this area, the majority of the people who wear baggy pants are black men. There are a few hip hop white men who wear them but the majority is black. So what does this "ban" sound like to you?

Another case is where a teen got shot in the butt because some man got angry over seeing his butt. From the Memphis Newspaper:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ull-saggy-pan/

Incidentally, not to be argumentative, but Iraq was a first world country before it became a rubble.

There is a push to have tighter laws concerning the control of people all over the world. Freedom is going to be a thing of the past if people do not start to look past racial lines and take a good hard look at the media's motives as to why some stories get the limelight and some, more heinous crimes get little limelight.
__________________
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. (Psalms 118:8)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Jermyn Davidson's Avatar
Jermyn Davidson Jermyn Davidson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In His Hands
Posts: 13,911
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
Hmmm...are you yelling at me or just trying to make a point for everyone to see?

If you are making a point, I get it.

There is a city near me that is banning droopy, baggy pants. The police chief came right out and said this:

"Police Chief Tony *****, who did not lobby for the ordinance, admitted it would be difficult to enforce. He did, however, say it would give officers another valid reason to stop people and engage them. That encounter could then reveal other violations, like public intoxication or drug possession".

Now in this area, the majority of the people who wear baggy pants are black men. There are a few hip hop white men who wear them but the majority is black. So what does this "ban" sound like to you?

Another case is where a teen got shot in the butt because some man got angry over seeing his butt. From the Memphis Newspaper:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ull-saggy-pan/

Incidentally, not to be argumentative, but Iraq was a first world country before it became a rubble.

There is a push to have tighter laws concerning the control of people all over the world. Freedom is going to be a thing of the past if people do not start to look past racial lines and take a good hard look at the media's motives as to why some stories get the limelight and some, more heinous crimes get little limelight.
Not yelling at you at all.

I was trying to make a point.

I disagree with yours however-- not the part that declares that freedom is disappearing, but your connection of that loss of freedom to the free press doesn't add up.
__________________
"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Jermyn Davidson's Avatar
Jermyn Davidson Jermyn Davidson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In His Hands
Posts: 13,911
Re: Killing EMO

It seems to me that the ACLU or maybe even the people who are most concerned and affected by that Police Chief's decision should organize against such an infringement on the right of expression.

Laws across the country aimed at FORCING people to not drive with loud music were struck down by the Supreme Court, this law would be too.


America is the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
__________________
"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character."
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM
AreYouReady? AreYouReady? is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,600
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Not yelling at you at all.

I was trying to make a point.

I disagree with yours however-- not the part that declares that freedom is disappearing, but your connection of that loss of freedom to the free press doesn't add up.
Brother Jermyn, I would ask that you do me a favor and read this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep/who-owns-the-media.html

and this:

http://www.freepress.net/resources/ownership

Then please do research of your own.

We have media mongrels who withhold news from us and spice up news for their own pleasure. Do we ever get the whole, unadulterated truth from the media? I have not seen it in my lifetime and I am well into middle age.
__________________
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. (Psalms 118:8)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM
AreYouReady? AreYouReady? is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,600
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
It seems to me that the ACLU or maybe even the people who are most concerned and affected by that Police Chief's decision should organize against such an infringement on the right of expression.

Laws across the country aimed at FORCING people to not drive with loud music were struck down by the Supreme Court, this law would be too.


America is the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
Oh the people have had protests, but the few council people have spoken! They will probably get voted out next election.

Personally, I have learned that I have the freedom to look away or to even laugh at droopy pants....of which I find more amusing than offensive. Maybe it's because I worked in the medical field most of my life. Seen one...seen them all. Perhaps I am just a different person than most because I figure that if people who wear such clothing could really see how hilarious they look, they may just stop wearing them after a few people or a crowd laughs.

I think freedom is more important than laws and ordinances that ban things. Morality cannot be legislated...no matter what anybody says. This same town even bans certain shrubs one may grow in their front yard. So ... talk about a noose around the neck....
__________________
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. (Psalms 118:8)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Re: Killing EMO

Can I change the name of this thread to "Finding Emos"?

We can make a game out of it.......
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-29-2012, 07:07 PM
AreYouReady? AreYouReady? is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,600
Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Can I change the name of this thread to "Finding Emos"?

We can make a game out of it.......
__________________
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. (Psalms 118:8)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is killing justifiable if done in self defense? Dante Fellowship Hall 60 11-22-2011 02:52 PM
Arizona Boy, 8, Accused of Killing 2 Cindy Fellowship Hall 37 11-09-2008 05:19 PM
Is the Internet Finally Killing TV? ILG The Newsroom 2 08-18-2008 02:25 PM
Killing Him Didn't Make The Love Go Away PoorWiddleMe Fellowship Hall 0 07-10-2007 07:23 PM
Killing ourselves and our future Eliseus The Newsroom 0 03-14-2007 04:42 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.